Golf in Charleston SC

Looking to book my golf soon for next month's trip down to Charleston. These are the courses I'm looking at right now, with the Ocean Course being front and center:

Kiawah Island – Ocean Course
Links at Stono Ferry
Charleston National
Dunes West
Patriots Point Links

Of the bottom 4 courses, is there one that doesnt stack up quite as well? I'm probably only going to play 4 round based on the Ocean Course being so $*%&ing expensive, but hey, thats the price of memories right?

I played Charleston National quite a bit when I lived there. Great course used to be far out in Mt Pleasant but not anymore. Right across hwy17 is Dunes West lived in Park West which is attached but never played the course so I cannot comment. Patriots Point was nice but the wind kills it for me, that would probably be the 1 I would be least likely to play. I have played it 3 times when I lived down there but I never could adjust to the wind.

Looking to book my golf soon for next month's trip down to Charleston. These are the courses I'm looking at right now, with the Ocean Course being front and center:

Links at Stono Ferry
Charleston National
Dunes West
Patriots Point Links

Of the bottom 4 courses, is there one that doesnt stack up quite as well? I'm probably only going to play 4 round based on the Ocean Course being so $*%&ing expensive, but hey, thats the price of memories right?
I have only lived down here for a month but I have played Patriots Point and if it is windy by any means that course can be tough...I would also say that would be the course I would eliminate from that list based on what I've heard about the other places

If you are golfing anytime during the weekend when you're down and need or want someone to golf with let me know

Links at Stono Ferry
Charleston National
Dunes West
Patriots Point Links

Out of the bottom 4, I'd put Patriots Point and Charleston National at the bottom of the list. Patriots Point is a bit on the easy and not very memorable side, but I played it a ton when I lived in downtown Charleston because it was so close to downtown. I'm not a big fan at all of Charleston National, feels way too much like target golf for me.

If you're willing to make the drive out to Dunes West, which I really enjoy, look into Rivertowne as well, they are close to one another.

My wife and I will be in charleston on Friday June 10 - 14.

im looking to play either Sunday or Monday. Anyone able to play. Coming in from Louisiana.

Will be I. Charleston even June 10-14
Check out DIG in park circle, great eats and awesome burgers, Dog and Duck for wings Get the double dunked and thank me later lol, Monza downtown for pizza on King street. North Charleston is tough, not a ton of good stuff and mostly chains, Rutledge cab co for burgers is good, moe's crosstown tavern is awesome for burgers too. Shoot me a pm when you get in and I'll send you my number, I'll give you directions to any of them.

Yes, Shadow moss is a pretty nice course. Will be down there next weekend and plan on playing there again with my son.
Is shadowmoss a nice course?

Won't be down there then. Let me know though. Maybe I can drive down.
Wife and I are going to charleston June 10-14. Maybe we can play

I'm heading to Chucktown Thursday. Coosaw Creek that afternoon then Charleston National on Friday. Might sneak a round in Sunday if I don't get on an earlier flight out than my currently scheduled 6pm departure. Looking forward to it; great town. Played at Kiawah last year and it was awesome; Ocean Course is everything it is billed to be and Cougar Point is a really fun track.

I'm heading to Chucktown Thursday. Coosaw Creek that afternoon then Charleston National on Friday. Might sneak a round in Sunday if I don't get on an earlier flight out than my currently scheduled 6pm departure. Looking forward to it; great town. Played at Kiawah last year and it was awesome; Ocean Course is everything it is billed to be and Cougar Point is a really fun track.

Have a great time buddy.

Following up on this; Coosaw was fun and very reasonable price wise. definitely a premium on club selection off the tee and position. Charleston National is tough in that any missed fairway is usually an extra stroke if not worse. Wind was up during that round which made it more difficult but I still had a good time. Both courses were in solid shape, couple areas under repair here and there but nothing major.

Just booked a last minute business trip to Charleston next week. Looks like i'll be free for an afternoon round on tuesday. Is the weather golf appropriate this time of year? Temperature looks good according to the forecast.

and if you can only play one...Stono Ferry, Charleston National, or Wild Dunes?

Of those three, Stono Ferry was my favorite, with Charleston National being second. Wild Dunes is right on the coast, lots of wind, and kind of a fun experience, but other than hitting the tee shot on 17 out over the ocean and letting the wind blow it back onto the fairway, it was the least interesting of those three, in my opinion.

Next week is supposed to be really nice weather wise unless something changes. Most courses are in good shape as well. Play at those three depend on where you're staying. If you're in Mt. pleasant then just know that stono is about a 45 minute drive especially in the afternoon. It is my favorite place to play though. Charleston national is great. I play there the most as it costs me very little compared to their other courses due to their VIP Program. Wild dunes is great. Two different courses. Both pretty tough. The harbor course is tight. Links is more open but not way open. They've had a little erosion issues the past few years so 17 & 18 have changed dramatically to anyone who hasn't played it since 2015. 18 was a beautiful par 5 but now is a par 3 due to the ocean taking back the land. I would have been more ham happy to join you if you wanted but Tuesday afternoon is packed for me with work.

let me know if you have any questions about any other courses or anything. PM me

Stono Ferry good bang for your buck, if you play Wild Dunes make sure you play the Links much better than the Harbour. Anything on Kiawah; Turtle Point, Osprey, Oak Pointe, Cougar Point, the Ocean course is great but daunting not for the faint of heart and $350 for a round of golf...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm heading down in May and would love some suggestions on courses to play.

Greens fees are not an issue of you feel the course is worth it. We're staying in the north side of town and would love to keep the ideas within an hour.

Thanks THP!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have some suggestions for you. In Charleston, there are many golf courses available. I just visited there. and few of them are
1) Ocean winds golf course
2) Kiawah island ocean course
3) Charleston & resort island
4) Wild Dunes Harbor course

Back