Voice Caddy - 2015 PGA Show Booth

The SC200 may just happen for me this yr as a LM/sim are probably out of the question

And looks like maybe a launch angle at the bottom right?

That is a great added feature

Solid little company.

I'd heard rumors of them making a bigger portable monitor that would do spin, I guess not though.

To add spin rates would be awesome

My experience with SC100 is that it probably uses preset launch angles (based upon the club you select) in it's calculation of carry distance. Driver alone, I have well over 2000 shots recorded on SC100 and if measured ball speed = X then carry distance will = Y, whether the shot is high or low. That's certainly not how things go on the golf course where high soaring shots just carry further. If SC200 actually measures launch angle (and is not simply displaying the preset) and uses measured launch angle in it's calculations it would be a nice step up. Need to find out more.

Please don't misinterpret my take on SC100's presets as a big negative. I'm beyond pleased with the older version I have now. It works great and measures the parameters it does far more accurately than I could've hoped for. Besides, I record things like the trajectory I observed, shot shape, and where the shot ended up, along with the numbers SC100 provided for each swing. Later, when I enter all that stuff in a spreadsheet, I amend the SC100 distance based upon it's values and those observed parameters, so it all works. It's just that if SC200 provides an actual measured launch angle, things will just be even better.

Last edited:
Any idea when we'll get more details on the sc200?

Anyone hear anything more on the release date of the SC200?

Anyone hear anything more on the release date of the SC200?
Voice Caddie mentioned April 2015 in an email response to a tech question about my SC100 I sent them a few days ago.

A young pro asked to try mine on the range and it just wouldn't read his club speed or ball speed at all. I asked VC if there were upper limits, and you #internetgolfers will be pleased to know that while the SC100 doesn't read clubspeeds above 120 or ballspeeds above 170, the SC200 will read higher speeds.

Voice Caddie mentioned April 2015 in an email response to a tech question about my SC100 I sent them a few days ago.

A young pro asked to try mine on the range and it just wouldn't read his club speed or ball speed at all. I asked VC if there were upper limits, and you #internetgolfers will be pleased to know that while the SC100 doesn't read clubspeeds above 120 or ballspeeds above 170, the SC200 will read higher speeds.
Interesting that it doesn't read swing speeds over 120 yet registered my swing at 123 and 124 on the range the other night.

I've had some issues with it reading swings here and there but it's been more about the sun setting directly into the unit than anything else.

Any idea when we'll get more details on the sc200?

From what I've read, it adds in a barometric pressure reader, voice readouts, and the ability to selects lofts rather than clubs (smartest thing they could possibly do right there).

I'd really like to know more about how it measures spin, if at all --- And if it does, why it's not producing a readout for it.

From what I've read, it adds in a barometric pressure reader, voice readouts, and the ability to selects lofts rather than clubs (smartest thing they could possibly do right there).

I'd really like to know more about how it measures spin, if at all --- And if it does, why it's not producing a readout for it.

From what I was told when I reviewed the SC100, spin would be a prediction/formula because of the nature of the doppler device, so accuracy would be an issue so I can see why you wouldn't include it. The addition of launch angle though is big.

Interesting that it doesn't read swing speeds over 120 yet registered my swing at 123 and 124 on the range the other night.

I've had some issues with it reading swings here and there but it's been more about the sun setting directly into the unit than anything else.
I don't know Dan, it was overcast mid afternoon when he tried. He was sheepish and almost didn't want to provide his measured swing speeds when I asked as he's a thin tall kid and some doubt him. He supposedly gets an easy smooth 125+ on track man. I'm hoping some THPers might get to meet him. We discussed the forum at length and he's really interested in becoming part of this may just look to join us in Branson at sposey#'s shin dig.

Last edited:
I don't know Dan, it was overcast mid afternoon when he tried. He was sheepish and almost didn't want to provide his measured swing speeds when I asked as he's a thin tall kid and some doubt him. He supposedly gets an easy smooth 128-133 on trackman. I'm hoping some THPers might get to meet him. We discussed the forum at length and he's really interested in becomeing part of this may just look to join us in Branson at sposey#'s shin dig.

Hey, not questioning it at all, more questioning the validity of what my readouts have been. I've been in the 115 range lately, but getting aggressive (for me, AMart says it doesn't look aggressive) was producing a lot of 117, 118, and a few outliers at 123 and 124.

Hopefully this tall thin kid comes out to a THP event and hammers the long ball. I love watching bombers destroy the ball.

Hey, not questioning it at all, more questioning the validity of what my readouts have been. I've been in the 115 range lately, but getting aggressive (for me, AMart says it doesn't look aggressive) was producing a lot of 117, 118, and a few outliers at 123 and 124.

Hopefully this tall thin kid comes out to a THP event and hammers the long ball. I love watching bombers destroy the ball.
Ha ha nice numbers there Dan. I originally thought my unit might be saying "ahh h@ll no!" when the kid was swinging. It's used to measuring my measly 80 something mph flips. I powered it down and removed the batteries for a second and it still wouldn't measure him, hence my question to Voice Caddie.

I wish they'd provide more info on the SC200 but at least they said next month.

Ha ha nice numbers there Dan. I originally thought my unit might be saying "ahh h@ll no!" when the kid was swinging. It's used to measuring my measly 80 something mph flips. I powered it down and removed the batteries for a second and it still wouldn't measure him, hence my question to Voice Caddie.

Well, I am glad they put a number on it.. Would be interesting to hear more from Jeff Spicoli as I bet his numbers are well into the 120s.

VC SC200... Interesting with the barometer and configurable loft setting.

anymore news on the sc200? can't find anything on google and im trying hard not to pull the trigger on other units when this looks the goods.

anymore news on the sc200? can't find anything on google and im trying hard not to pull the trigger on other units when this looks the goods.

Same - haven't heard anything about it

Saw Voice Caddie just released a new product, the Voice Caddie D1. Disappointed it wasn't the SC200. I'm like you in that I really want to wait and see what the SC200 has to offer but there really is no info on it.

Saw Voice Caddie just released a new product, the Voice Caddie D1. Disappointed it wasn't the SC200. I'm like you in that I really want to wait and see what the SC200 has to offer but there really is no info on it.
Yeah its disappointing there is no more news when people said it was possibly going to be April and its now almost may and not even any hype? I've sent emails and pm them on Facebook so see what happens.

Thanks for posting Stan. A google search also showed a new amazon listing. http://www.amazon.com/Caddie-SC200-Portable-Monitor-Audible/dp/B00VURSF9U (out of stock) I hope there is more to the SC200 than the new audible output they are hyping? To me that's a downgrade to the SC100. The battery would run down quicker and who wants their monitor annoying (and in my case amusing) everyone else at the range, and spending $120 more to do it?

Last edited:
I have the sc 100 and it seems to measure ballspeed the most accurate. Seems like on mishits the swing speed can read high as the ballspeed goes down. I am interested in the sc 200 actually reading launch angle and if so to what accuracy.

Sweet looks interesting, bit exxy though over the 100 for what you get extra which doesn't seem much, but will most likely still get one. Think I'll wait on reviews though. The random mode looks like fun.

I don't believe the number in the lower right corner is launch angle. I'm pretty sure it's the club loft which is configurable in the SC200 model.

Funny, I was just wondering in the sc100 thread if there were any specs on the 200. Doesn't seem to be much of a technology difference. I do like the ability to put in the club loft but don't think it's worth the extra $130. I think I will pull the trigger on the 100, that's good news for the rest of you who are waiting cause the price will come down 25% once I buy it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

just got my sc200 today, will play with I over the weekend. Took me a while to work out how to change the lofts of your clubs as I didi not spot the button on the remote to change it.

Also the unit now gives carry distance and total distance

Last edited:
Back