Cobra Bio Cell and Bio Cell+ Irons Preview

Nice write up James. Tons of tech here, so I'm sure they'll be a blast to hit. I saw that first picture and thought it was a Transformer.

• Will be available in Hybrid-Iron sets with real Bio Cell hybrids

Really interesting!

plus they are gorgeous!

The design just does not do it for me, would certainly need some range time with these. But then again looks are always trumped by performance.

Maybe they'll look better/more interesting with color options? But as it stands right now, that's a pretty ugly looking iron. The cell-technology makes a ton of sense here in terms of perimeter weighting, but I wish they could have found a way to emphasize the bio aesthetic as on the woods/hybrids. All I see are weight ports and tungsten inserts.

Hrmm. I see MachSpeed, and that turns me off. The cells are so smooth looking IMO. This seems like a big departure.

not as visually appealing as last years AMP Cell irons. But the technology that is in them sounds incredible. I bet they will certainly produce some high and long bombs.

The Bio Cell + irons sound like they are right up my alley!!!

Woof, those are one ugly iron. The color customization is pretty cool feature though. And they sound like they're probably super easy to hit. The design concept is cool.

Not my favorite looking iron but I'd bet a paycheck that this thing is packed with forgiveness and distance for those seeking that out of their irons.
This is my exact feeling too.

Thanks for the update on these James! The look is interesting. But if the do what they are supposed to then that's all that matters

Have they announced MSRP yet?

Man, that cavity is packed. This is something I could definitely get down with. Would really enjoy spending some time with these. I'm a fan of the higher MOI and lower CG, really starting to enjoy the higher ballflights I've been seeing with another iron that has similar traits.

Any idea of stock iron shaft?

Man, that cavity is packed. This is something I could definitely get down with. Would really enjoy spending some time with these. I'm a fan of the higher MOI and lower CG, really starting to enjoy the higher ballflights I've been seeing with another iron that has similar traits.

Any idea of stock iron shaft?

PXv in graphite and TT 85 in steel in the Bio Cell's, unsure on the +'s, I can get that for you tonight.

Another thing you would like Cookie, combo sets with TRUE Bio Cell hybrids allowing for TRULY tuning in your gaps.

standard -699 steel and around 840 for graphite
+ - ?
Combo set (standard+hybrids) - 799 steel/899 graphite

Not loving the look of these irons, reminds me of a transformer (although I do like transformers!) too busy in the cavity... Curious to see the pro version

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

I am incredibly excited to hear more about the Bio Cell + irons. They sound fantastic.

This is my thought as well. Take the AMP Cells and reduce the offset and I would be a very happy camper.

I'm not in love with the looks here but if they've improved at all then I'm dying to give them a swing.

This is my thought as well. Take the AMP Cells and reduce the offset and I would be a very happy camper.

You should get some ACP'S with KK stiff shafts. Mmmmmmmmmmmm love mine

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Yes, yes you would be. :alien:

But add in some tungsten for good measure.

And a sweet finish?

Hmmmmm....

Yes, yes you would be. :alien:

I know you guys werent able to hit the FW's but were you guys able to handle or hit any of the other lines (Driver, irons, hybos)?

love what i've seen of this line so fa, but do we have any pics of the hybrids?

These don't look too bad to me. I bet they've got a ton of forgiveness in them with what they've got going on design wise. Interested to see the +'s too.

Back