stepping on ones line

Me too. :thumbup::D

tappin from my big as note2

I think it was a much bigger deal when everyone wore metal spikes...now those could cause some damage.

I'm always very conscious of it because it is a big deal to some people. Personally, I don't much care because people walk all over the greens all day long but I know it bothers some people, so I try to be considerate.

I don't care if somebody accidentally steps on my line, the longer the distance the less I care, but I do have to ask myself how friggin blind people can be, if I have 3 foot putt left and the other guy just stands on my line, like when they've already putted away or don't have any reason to be there.

Normally, when I'm checking out my line and someone putts it close, and would need to stand awkwardly to putt away I just tell them to stand where ever they need to, it's not like the green would be untouchable, there's been people stomping around that hole the whole day.

Yeah it's kind of funny when you think about how it's not legal to fix spike marks on a green, but etiquette says we can't step on other players lines. I could understand if someone was combining both of these actions and stepping on your line and dragging their feet, yeah you've got one awesome reason to punch them in the face. Otherwise I don't see the big deal, however I think it's easy enough to avoid people's lines while you play, especially if it's people you don't know. My buddies step on my line all the time and I don't think I've ever said anything.

Decision 16-1a/13 indicates that if your opponent damages your line of putt accidentally, you're entitled to restore it. You're always entitled to the lie your previous shot gave you.

That aside, I always try to avoid other's lines of putt. If someone accidentally steps on it, I don't make a huge deal out of it, unless it's my buddy and I have a wager with him.

I agree this is more of an etiquette issue now days with all the spike less shoes that are being worn. I don't really care if someone steps on my line but I am very conscious about not stepping on others lines. The only time I know it has been an issue is when someone is wearing spikes and creates small holes or indentations in the green.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I try to pay attention to others', but like many of you, I don't care if it happens to me. What bothers me more is when someone's shadow (or my own) is in my vision at setup. Idk why, it's just very distracting to me.

The act doesn't bother me but the narcissism drives me crazy. I truly don't believe it has any impact on my ability to make a putt but the fact that someone has that little regard for his/her playing partners just speaks to their character. You can't play this game just thinking about yourself, you need to show respect for your playing partners. The occasional infraction is accepted but when it become the routine they need to find a new foresome to play with each week.

It usually doesn't bother me. I just wait 10 seconds and usually impressions smooth themselves out by then.

One time I was counting the 10 seconds out loud, and my playing partner thought I was trying to count to calm my temper before I hit him lol.

Back