SliceOfLife

Philthy Lefty
Reaction score
Handicap
12-ish
Just wondering what the highest loft of hybrid you have/have had in the bag?

I've been considering picking up a 5H, is that unusual?

Play what works! I currently have a 3 (21*), 4 (24*), and have thought about adding a 5 to the bag as I've had success with one before.

Heck no. I had a Rescue 11 5 hybrid in my bag for a while. It was such a great club. Really helped me gain confidence in that yardage.

If you want a 5 hybrid, get one. They're fun and may help.

I guess with my set (HB3), technically a PW.

When I use an actual hybrid, I have had a couple of 6 hybrids.

Couldn't agree more with others, play what works best for you. Quite a few guys here (with some really low hdcps) played the Cleveland Altitudes all summer.

Last season, I had as high as a 30 degree. It was so easy to get up in the air. I still have a 5h and it's a very reliable club.

I have used a 6h . Just watching LPGA & one of the gals using one on a 150 some par 3 just stuck it stiff with one. !!

I carry a 3, 4 and 5. Works for me. Dana Quigley once said he won over 15 million dollars with 4 hybrids in his bag at one time..........

Like others have said, don't let your ego get in the way of using what is most effective for you. The equipment we use should make the game easier. I have have a 5 hybrid in my bag along with a 4 iron for a reason. Even considered a 6 hybrid, but went with the 5 instead. My home course has a lot of trees, and on any given hole I will need to hit over or under them. With the hybrid I can get the loft and length I need for those intermediate length shots over trees, or 185ish approach shots. Cannot consistently get over the trees with even a 6 iron given my ball flight, so the hybrid gives may an option and an easier to hit club on stock shots.

The hybrids really help lift the ball in the air for slower swing speeds or people that generally hit a lower ball. Noticed that right away with my daughter. Kids clubs do not go past a 6 hybrid, which did not make sense to me since the biggest problem for them is often trajectory. Same for women's clubs. I found a 33 degree Golfsmith hybrid head and built a club for her that became her favorite club until she outgrew it since it was easy to elevate and more forgiving than a 7 iron. Now that she is using adult clubs I have been looking for something similar in that transition level club since she hits her 6 hybrid so well. Noticed Ping now makes a 31 degree hybrid that would be perfect for that. Only problem is I have to sell her on using a Ping club since she is such a Taylormade fan.

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I would even consider a 6H as well. At the very least having a couple extra in the bullpen ready to go when I'm needing a little help or if conditions call for it does seem smart now that you guys have made those points.

Well I thought of sending ya a baffler 5h to try out but I see in your profile your a lefty.. Oh well

Well I thought of sending ya a baffler 5h to try out but I see in your profile your a lefty.. Oh well

Please excuse my affliction :messed: haha but thank you for your almost offer!

I rock a 19° 3h, a 22° 4h, and a 24° 5+h.

It's not about what you hit long & straight, man. And even then, it's about what best cuts through the terrain so you can put a good strike on the ball. I'd play a 6h if not for that being about where I start being able to get good consistent distance and workability from my irons.

I don't think a 5H is that unusual but there are likely many more 2H, 3H and 4H in golf bags than there are 5H. I only carry 1 hybrid these days and it is a 5H Callaway X Hot (25º). In previous years I carried a 4H most times with 22º or 23º loft, the last one I used with that loft was an RBZ. I have found with hybrids over the years I have a tendency to miss left at times, sometimes off the planet, not a shot that I enjoyed.:banghead: I also found that on the courses I play, I play various courses here, that the 4H did not receive a lot of use since I was either farther or closer to the green than the yardage the 4H would cover. I bought the X Hot in July and have found it to be very useful both from the fairway and off the tee on some longer par 3 holes. It has eliminated my big left miss, something I am very thankful for and see no reason for me to make any change at this time. My distances are predictable, ball flight and direction are very consistent so for me it is a very solid and useful addition to my bag.

I play a 4 hybrid & 2 hybrid - the 2 hybrid gaps much better between the 3w & 4h than a 3 hybrid

I game a 3h and 4h hybrid. Just ordered a 2h from cookie so I can remove the last fairway wood in my bag. I have my reasons :). Truthfully speaking I consider getting a 5h myself, but usually put those thoughts off only because I need a punch club and I hit my 5i pretty well. However, when someone decides to sell a 5h for a good price ill prolly buy it to have.

I carry the Cobra 2/3 set at 17* & the 4/5 set at 23*... I don't carry a 3w & the hybrids allowed me to throw an extra wedge in my bag. Also they are adjustable so before the round I can adjust to fit the course conditions of that day.

After playing several rounds I realized I hit the 3w maybe 3 times & needed to gap my yardages better, especially at the bottom of my bag.

I'm a fan of the hybrids if struggling with longer irons or woods. This game is supposed to be fun & hybrids help.

Good luck and hope you find the right combo that works for you.

iPhone 5 Tappin

I currently only have a 3 hybrid, but in the past I have had as low (or is it high?) as a 6 hybrid. I should probably add a 4 hybrid, as my 4 iron is hit or miss, but I love to use my 4 iron for punching out from under trees which comes into play way more than it should during my rounds.

I'm actively looking for a Rescue 11 5 hybrid to go with the 3 and 4 I have. My 5 iron is my one nemesis club in the bag so I am generally overhitting a 6 or trying to ease off my 4 hybrid for those 190 yard shots. If it will help you play better, do it. I am going to.

Back