Ping Rapture Driving Iron

This fine piece of equipment will be in Billy Horschel's bag at The Open in Muirfield

ahepa4u3.jpg

This is way cool. Time to write to Santa!

I'd love a one hybrid. I hit my TM Rocketballz 3-h 260.

As a Ping homer it goes without saying that this will be in my bag at some point.
I'm shocked by this. Well, not at all actually. :p

I have a soft spot for Ping myself, so I will have to see if it bumps my 18• DHY out of my bag.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. The Rapture was arguably the best SGI set that Ping ever made. They really performed, were aimed at the high handicapper and carried premium prices.

This offering seems a long ways from the SGI market............

Would be nice if they brought a whole new Rapture line back. I game Raptures. Left briefly for Mizuno and came back. It's like Ping made them with me in mind. :)

Most of the year I gamed a TM RBDZ 3 iron, which is a cavity backed 18° long iron ... basically a driving iron. It was awesome for tight fairway tee shots - and remarkably looooooong. Really struggled hitting it off the fairway though ... which is why I'm back to a 2 hybrid. I'd have a dedicated driving iron fersure if it weren't for that dastardly 14 club rule which always seems to muck things up

Interesting that they brought the Rapture name back for it.

I agree with Hawk, the Rapture line of irons was marketed as sgi. This looks to be more of a players club, nice looking club though.

This fine piece of equipment will be in Billy Horschel's bag at The Open in Muirfield

ahepa4u3.jpg

More offset to my eye than the cally. Looks similar though. I like it.

Anyone thrown one of these in their bag yet? It has me pondering.

What is the difference between these driving irons and the Mizzy MPH4 or Altitude's 2 iron?

Anyone thrown one of these in their bag yet? It has me pondering.
I haven't seen them at my local Golf Galaxy so I will probably have to wait until the 3 day demo in March to see if it will make it into the bag.

This thing looks awesome. Haven't had the chance to hit it yet.

Has anyone had the opportunity to hit this iron. I'm insanely curious as one of the courses I play at regular has a tendency to have high winds so this could be a great addition to my bag.

I've got one on the way with the same steel shaft that’s in my s55’s. Demo’d one with the graphite shaft and loved it. Can’t wait to try it out on the course. I’m not a big fan of hybrids or fairway woods, so I’m hoping this is the missing link.

Has anyone had the opportunity to hit this iron. I'm insanely curious as one of the courses I play at regular has a tendency to have high winds so this could be a great addition to my bag.

I haven't hit this but I game the Titleist 712u 2 iron. It and the rapture set up a little bit differently at address but i believe they play the almost identical. low launch-low spin, my titleist is money in the wind!

I played a 712u 2 iron last year and absolutely loved it 90% of the time. The club was great for hitting a low trajectory 240-255 yard shot. I did struggle 10% of the time to find the sweet spot. I have since sold the club and will be getting fitted for the Rapture in the next few weeks.

Originally available with graphite shaft I was just told by Ping rep that steel shaft will be available.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Yup. The Ping 2 is available with steel now. Ordered mine about 2 weeks ago.

I'm really intrigued by this club. Doubt I've got the game for this, but it seems like the perfect "get off the tee safe" club, and I'm a bit of a PING homer, so it scratches that itch too. I'd love to give it a shot and see what I could do with it. Anyone have a comment on how it performs off the deck/out of the rough?

I haven't hit my steel one yet but did hit the graphite and found it a bit more GI than you might think. I liked it so much, the 4 wood was up for sale that day. I'll see how it works on the course very soon and update more.

Wow! I currently play a 4W, but that is a pretty strong endorsement. I might just have to try it out.

I hit this today for a while and actually liked it quite a bit. I was more consistent with it than the 712U, but distance was lacking for me most of the time. This probably is a more accessible driving iron and an option for mid cappers than other driving irons on the market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ordered mine this week but won't arrive until late March :-(

anybody gaming this DI?

Back