Callaway Xfer Sport Shoes Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice review Ryan, the bottoms of those look like they'd hold up in any conditions. Are they leather uppers?

Nice review Hawk. Just not a fan of the new line of Callaway shoes.

Thanks for the write up Hawk. I'd rock them.

JM

The styling doesn't pull me in, but maybe a different color combo would fit my eye better.

A good shoe for the budget minded golfer.
Nice review!

Nice product spotlight Hawkster! Love the technology info that I'm reading here, just based on that it would make me want to check them out.

But....these just don't look anything like what I expect from a $130 shoe. Styling has gotta get fixed cause the performance sounds like it will be there.

Good all encompassing review Ryan.
At $130 I would not be pulling the trigger on these as the look of them are a total turnoff, just has a very "cheap" look to them.

Good all encompassing review Ryan.
At $130 I would not be pulling the trigger on these as the look of them are a total turnoff, just has a very "cheap" look to them.

That's my deal too, if they're not leather especially a deal breaker at that price.

I do at least like the 30 day comfort guarantee for those who are fans of the looks.

Trout, it appeared to me that they were leather uppers, but I didn't have any info in the marketing material to confirm. Sorry I can't help more.

Thanks for reading all. I generally agree with the majority that aren't wowed by the looks. I will say however that the other two shoes in this line (Vibe and Pro) are pretty nice and may save the 2015 line of shoes from a style standpoint.

agree with most in here. I just can't wrap my head around the styling. Maybe at the $60 price point if I needed a pair in an emergency but dang.

Thanks for the review though

Once I'm paying north of $100 for a pair of shoes, golf or not, I'm wanting the total package of looks, performance, and comfort. There are too many options out there in that price range that get there on all 3 counts...and these aren't one of them, for me.

I wouldn't give those a second look if I was in the market for a new pair of shoes I'm afraid.

I don't care how comfortable a shoe may be, if it is ugly, then there is no chance I will give it a second look. Apparel and footwear doesn't get the same pass as clubs as far as "it's ugly, but it performs incredibly so I can get past the looks". There are so many other comfortable golf shoes on the market right now, that there is no need to sacrifice looks for comfort

The looks are horrible IMO and I would not try them if I had to pay for them.

Great write up. Love the looks of these, especially the color combo. Now I might have to find a reason to buy another pair of golf shoes.

Nice review! Unfortunately, the looks are a completely turn-off for me.

Seems I am in the minority, but I do like the look of these

Might have to check out the other shoes for this year from Callaway

They look comfy but $130 is too much for me.

"$129.99, they are on the lower end of pricing for current-year shoes"

Is that really the low end? If so I'd hate to see the high end.

Back