Punta Cana - All-inclusive resorts

OhioMatt

Reaction score
Handicap
<5
My wife and I, along with another couple, are planning a trip to Punta Cana and started looking at the resorts that are there. There are a lot of them and all seem to offer very similar amenities, food, entertainment, etc. Just thought I would ask fellow THPers where they have stayed and what they thought of it. Thanks!

Wherever you choose bring your Imodium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was in Punta cana 3 weeks ago and stayed at Iberostar Grand Bavaro. I effing loved it. Its an adults only and top notch. It is the best all inclusive I have been too.
Make sure you do the zip lining excursion, that was amazing

My wife and I, along with another couple, are planning a trip to Punta Cana and started looking at the resorts that are there. There are a lot of them and all seem to offer very similar amenities, food, entertainment, etc. Just thought I would ask fellow THPers where they have stayed and what they thought of it. Thanks!

Also I did not play golf because I was only there for 3 full days, but the Grand Bavaro has a nice golf course on their property. I want to go back for a longer trip and for sure play golf there

We went to riviera maya, think the resort was called Now Sapphire. It was great. The all inclusive thing is fantastic. Cash out your mini bar and they refill within minutes. It was a good time for sure.

My wife and I went to Excellence Punta Cana which is adults only, and it was honestly the best vacation we have ever taken. We want to go back so badly.

We went to riviera maya, think the resort was called Now Sapphire. It was great. The all inclusive thing is fantastic. Cash out your mini bar and they refill within minutes. It was a good time for sure.
I'm going to try and get the women to expand the search beyond Punta Cana. Just to see what else is out there. Thanks for the advice.

I'm going to try and get the women to expand the search beyond Punta Cana. Just to see what else is out there. Thanks for the advice.

There are soooooo many to choose from. Ours came down to what restaurants were available at the resorts. The sapphire had more of a variety that we liked. If you're planning to golf, be prepared for an all day fiasco. And bring your . Our resort had a free round each night we stayed at the grand coral riviera maya club. With shuttle fee, to and from, and cart fee. I was out over $120. Don't remember how much exactly cause I blocked it out of my mind lol. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're there longer than 3 days. It's literally an all day thing

Another vote for Grand Bavaro. We absolutely loved it and could have not been happier with our stay. No complaints about the food, service, or the quality of our room. Don't know if you are golfing or not, but our package included two free rounds for each of us on the course on the grounds. There were no fees associated with it and included range balls, drinks and food on the course (I had my own clubs because I'm a THPer). We didn't do a lot of activities other than some snorkeling and kayaking, but we were just looking for a place to eat/drink well and relax.

Another vote for Grand Bavaro. We absolutely loved it and could have not been happier with our stay. No complaints about the food, service, or the quality of our room. Don't know if you are golfing or not, but our package included two free rounds for each of us on the course on the grounds. There were no fees associated with it and included range balls, drinks and food on the course (I had my own clubs because I'm a THPer). We didn't do a lot of activities other than some snorkeling and kayaking, but we were just looking for a place to eat/drink well and relax.

I needed to go to this one instead. Daaaaamn

My wife and I went to Excellence Punta Cana which is adults only, and it was honestly the best vacation we have ever taken. We want to go back so badly.

We went here as well back in 2013 and it was awesome. We always talk about going back to the same place. The staff was friendly and welcoming.

Maybe you guys wont know this but is it worth the upcharge to stay at the Grand Bavaro instead of the Bavaro? Is the only difference kids/no kids?

Maybe you guys wont know this but is it worth the upcharge to stay at the Grand Bavaro instead of the Bavaro? Is the only difference kids/no kids?
If the only difference is kids and no kids, pay the upgrade for adults only. It would be worth every penny.

That sounds very nice right about now...............

I think the dinning options may be a bit different--maybe some of the room service options as well. I can't remember.

If the only difference is kids and no kids, pay the upgrade for adults only. It would be worth every penny.

Yep. We walked by the resorts that had kids and were happy with our decision.

That sounds very nice right about now...............

It's not Texas nice, but it's nice.
If Leslie wasn't pregnant we would have considered going back this year.

Wife and I went to Dreams for our honeymoon. Great experience but the one thing we wish we would've looked for was an adults only resort. Gorgeous place though. Hope you enjoy!

I am going back for sure, perhaps we could get a group together.
I loved the fact we even had a butler :)

Yes it's worth the upcharge. The Grand is not over crowded and better dining options.

Go to LA Romana in the south side of island and stay at Casa De Campo. They have several courses on property including Pete Dyes Teeth of the Dog. Is always rated as one of the best in the world.

Tap Talking my way thru the world of golf!

If at all possible, play golf at Corales - great course!

I am going back for sure, perhaps we could get a group together.
I loved the fact we even had a butler :)

We talked about going with friends and family and how much fun it would be. I could get used to having a butler. It was over the top indulgent for us, but it was fun for a week.

I'm book marking this thread for future reference!! Thanks guys!

I'm book marking this thread for future reference!! Thanks guys!

Yeah, lots of great info in here. Thanks for the quick responses from you guys.

My girlfriend and I went last December to The Bahia Principe Ambar Don Carlo and enjoyed it. All Inclusive and adult only. Good food and drink in a smaller setting within a huge resort that you have full access to if you choose.

If you like horseback riding the best excursion ever for us was this: http://www.horseplaypuntacana.com/

Back