Jerry Tarkanian - RIP

Had so much fun watching his UNLV teams growing up.

just saw this on espn. another great coach gone.

unlv vs duke, unlv vs ark were some great games

RIP Tark

I was a huge college basketball fan back in the late 80's and early 90s. UNLV had some great teams back then, I can still see him biting on that towel pacing up and down the bench.

Rough week for college basketball. RIP Tark. His Rebels were fun to watch in the early 90s.

RIP. He was a fantastic coach

RIP - I directly attribute my fear of biting towels to Tark.

RIP jerry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Tark. Man, did I like watching his UNLV teams in the late 80s.

Man another HOF coach. RIP!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a great coach, I Always enjoyed watching Tark and Shark. RIP

WOW There have been so many people in sports passing away that have been in our generation :bulgy-eyes:

RIP Tark the Shark.

Tark.rendering.feature_0.jpg

RIP Tark

Legendary Men's Basketball Coach Jerry Tarkanian who had stops at high schools, junior colleges, UNLV, Long Beach State, Fresno State and the San Antonio Spurs once said, "the secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy." Teams are allowed to play more than 12 players today but his statement remains true. Based on roles, not every player will get the playing time they desire. To compensate for the lack of playing time they need to make the players who do play fight for excellence each possession in practices, and cheer enthusiastically for them in games showing they buy into the team concept. The players who do play should give pointers to the younger players in practice to help them improve at their skills so they can have increased playing time either later in the year or next year. Each coach, player and manager has a role and when they fulfill their role they become a cohesive unit. The basketball world will miss Coach 'Tark the Shark" for impacting his players and giving them second chances (i.e. Chris Herren).

Man he had some great teams. The back to back battles against Duke in the Tourney in 92-93? Were some of the best games ever.

Back