Titleist 913F 7 wood

hillestadj

Reaction score
Handicap
Anybody here game one or try one at any point? I picked one up on eBay for a song yesterday afternoon ($100) in un-hit condition. I wasn't intending on picking one up quite yet since living in WI we won't be hitting much of anything for another 8 weeks or so - best case scenario. Only reason I pulled the trigger is it was the only one I've run across with the Diamana blue in a stiff shaft instead of the Bassarra senior or ladys flex shafts.

Anyway, my thought is that hopefully it will cover the 3H/4H spot in my bag. I never have been able to hit a hybrid consistently well but have always gotten along the 3, 4, and 5 woods so I figured it was worth a shot. What have your experiences been?

That is what the 7 wood was basically intended for till the hybrids came out. Now I personally never hit anything less then a 5 wood before, but one of my good friends that I play with games with a 7 wood. He prefers that over a hybrid because he likes the look of wood at address and he says not doesn't feel comfortable. Everybody is different and what works for you doesn't necessarily work for me.

Nobody willing to fess up to hitting an old man club, lol??

I've hit a few 7 woods just not this one.

While I never tried the 913 7w I did come across the 910 7w with either the Kusala blue or S+ shaft (can't remember for sure) in R flex. I hit it on the monitor at Golfsmith and was super impressed. Seemed automatic with great distance.

I am only 5' 4" so most clubs are way too long for me. So I was Especially impressed with the shorter length of say 41.25" or so (not sure why today's 7 woods need to be 42.5+).

Anyhow it was around $69 in very nice condition and I passed because I've owned many 7 woods, play them a couple rounds and always go back to my trusty Tour Edge Trilogy 20* hybrid which is more versatile and I play it at 39.25" which is a more manageable length for me.

This one though might have been an exception. One of the ones that got away I guess you could say.

Back