Sweetheart's Scramble yesterday

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
The wife and I played in a Sweetheart's Scramble yesterday for our first time out of 2015.

It was a 30 team shotgun start at Quail Ridge GC in Clarkston, WA. (2 1/2 hour drive from home)
We started on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] hole which is the #2 handicap hole on the course. We just missed par putts to finish with a bogey.
#5 is a tough par 5 that we just came up short of reaching in 2(her drive, my 3wd). Rose chipped to about 5 ft and my chip hit the pin and bounced out to about 4 ft and we made the bird. We then made par on 6-7-8.
On the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] hole, which is all downhill and I thought I might reach it on a drive with a big swing, I pulled it near the driving range. Rose then from 202 yards on the red tees, promptly puts her tee shot on the front edge of the green. This left us about a 50 foot uphill, big breaker left and then going back down the hill. Rose drains the putt for Eagle! All day long her putter was on fire and I rarely got to putt. We birdied 16 and 17. Then Rose makes another bomb on 18 from about 35 ft for bird. We stumbled on a par 5 that we both went ob with our drives and ended up double bogeying that hole and we had 2 other bogies as well. We finished with a 2 under 69 that was good for a tie for 4[SUP]th[/SUP] place gross and $95 clubhouse credit. We thought for sure that her eagle on #9 would hold up for a skin, but someone capped her. But…the 35 foot bomb she sunk on 18 (#3hcp hole) held up for a skin and won $72. I was really proud of her. She played so well while having Strep throat and feeling like crap.

Other than her being sick, we had a very fun Valentine's Day.

What a fun day! Congrats on the great playing, especially those incredible putts that Rose made. I wish I could putt like that!

The wife and I played in a Sweetheart's Scramble yesterday for our first time out of 2015.

It was a 30 team shotgun start at Quail Ridge GC in Clarkston, WA. (2 1/2 hour drive from home)
We started on the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] hole which is the #2 handicap hole on the course. We just missed par putts to finish with a bogey.
#5 is a tough par 5 that we just came up short of reaching in 2(her drive, my 3wd). Rose chipped to about 5 ft and my chip hit the pin and bounced out to about 4 ft and we made the bird. We then made par on 6-7-8.
On the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] hole, which is all downhill and I thought I might reach it on a drive with a big swing, I pulled it near the driving range. Rose then from 202 yards on the red tees, promptly puts her tee shot on the front edge of the green. This left us about a 50 foot uphill, big breaker left and then going back down the hill. Rose drains the putt for Eagle! All day long her putter was on fire and I rarely got to putt. We birdied 16 and 17. Then Rose makes another bomb on 18 from about 35 ft for bird. We stumbled on a par 5 that we both went ob with our drives and ended up double bogeying that hole and we had 2 other bogies as well. We finished with a 2 under 69 that was good for a tie for 4[SUP]th[/SUP] place gross and $95 clubhouse credit. We thought for sure that her eagle on #9 would hold up for a skin, but someone capped her. But…the 35 foot bomb she sunk on 18 (#3hcp hole) held up for a skin and won $72. I was really proud of her. She played so well while having Strep throat and feeling like crap.

Sounds like she might have carried you a bit. Wish there was tourneys for couples here. Wasn't it a bit chilly down there?

Pretty cool. Some nice shots in that round.

Sounds like she might have carried you a bit. Wish there was tourneys for couples here. Wasn't it a bit chilly down there?

The weather was beautiful....sunny...61 degrees and just a breath of a breeze. And yes....she and her putter carried me. She always putted first and I think I only had about 7 attempts the whole round. The amazing part is how she played while feeling so terrible with Strep throat. She just kept taking anti-biotics, sucking on lozenges and making putts.

The weather was beautiful....sunny...61 degrees and just a breath of a breeze. And yes....she and her putter carried me. She always putted first and I think I only had about 7 attempts the whole round. The amazing part is how she played while feeling so terrible with Strep throat. She just kept taking anti-biotics, sucking on lozenges and making putts.

I like those temps. I'm surprised we didn't get the same here, only 5hrs away. With those skills and performing while under the weather "She's a keeper"

Despite the wifey not feeling well... Sound like a great day!

This makes me smile! Great job out there :clapp:

Back