• Twice a month

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Other?

Votes: 26 22.4%

• Total voters

RobRaine180

Reaction score
Handicap
Whats the average amount of times you go to the range? Are you looking to up your practice this year? Maybe cut back a little?

I try to go once a week if possible. Weather is making that impossible to do currently, but with my somewhat limited time I like to go range once a week and 18-36 holes on the weekend.

Very rarely, sometimes just to loosen up before a round.

Twice a week before work and then before every round on the weekend.

It's a spur of the moment thing for me. Sometimes it could be weeks apart, others a couple of times in a week. Going to try and go more this season as I want to work on a few things, hopefully cut my Handicap in the process.

Last year preparing for the Morgan cup I was at the range 3 to 4 times a week...sometimes hitting balls sometimes just chipping.
Will probably be half that this year

Once a week. I'll hit a few before a round if I can, but I usually just have a 60-90 minute range session once a week.

About 3 times a week and before every round.

I go at least once a week not including when I hit balls before a round.

Not enough. Wish we had a decent range around here.

Not enough. Wish we had a decent range around here.

Half the reason why I don't get out to the range more is that there isn't one near me that you can hit off grass. Not a fan of hitting off a mat

Rarely. I've been golfing in leagues on Tuesday and Thursday nights the last few years. Throw in a round or two on the weekend, and I have to really make time to go to the range--and it rarely happens.

Not enough but with new irons being delivered today I've made it my goal to hit the golf dome once a week until it warms up. It's one hour away and isn't open on weekends so it's a bit of a pain. I need to stay loose and practice though not only for Lexington in April but also for the chance of making it in the Legacy.

Maybe once or twice per year. I need to go weekly.

2-3 times a week on average. I think I pay start playing 9 instead of heading to the range so much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am semi-retired (have a couple of consulting retainers) so I am "free" about half the time and traveling/away the other half.

1. When I am where I can practice freely (country home / "free"), 3-4 times per week.
2. When I am away, if I have access and time, 1-2/week.
3. When I am at my city home (Manhattan), never/rarely.

Bottom line - as much as I can. Always hit some to warm up before a round.

I'm really not as consistent with going to the range as I should be. That said I'm starting some lessons this spring and I'm going to go as much as I can to reinforce my lessons.

i really like to go to the range to warm up before around although some courses don't have them.

Once a week but I'd like to be going twice if week if I can.

In my previous job, I would usually go once a week over the winter, but since changing jobs it is a lot less frequent

Usually twice or 3 times a week, including lesson every wednesday. As much as i feasibly can with my schedule

When I have sunlight after work (approx. March - October), 2 or 3 times a week. When it gets dark early like this, all the ranges around here are selling their last buckets at 4:45 or 5:00 so it's really tough for me to get there - and I want to play on the weekend. So maybe once a week in the winter.

I'd rather play...I usually do better with a small bucket before playing as a warm up. I go to a dedicated range session to work out issues or trying out certain clubs. But overall, if I have time to hit a large bucket, I'd rather play.

Rarely. With limited time for golf, I'd rather spend it on the course. Now I will practice on the course, but as far as going to a range, rarely. Once a year unless it happens to be before a round at the course's driving range.

Back