Most Demoralizing Miss?

Hitting a solid, long, drive that goes 40* right, into the woods.

Trying to play smart, then smother a 4i or fw OB.

Blading a wedge over the green, or skanking it.

Annoyingly, any of these can easily send me into a hopeless downward spiral for the next few shots or holes. Especially if the previous holes were good.

this thread is funny because of all the different things mentioned. No matter how good or poor the player we've all probably been at every one of them and still can be even if for some of you its only rare.
I love when we see a tour pro on TV do something really bad. Not that I am happy for him cause I don't wish it on anyone but it does just go to prove to us that those few freaks of nature who are the best in the world are still human and capable of doing what an average weekend hack does even if its only once in a very rare blue moon.

One of the things mentioned above by "BamBoo" I had forgot to mention about is the "play it smart" scenario and then totally screw up the shot anyway. That one stings worse than any imo. I mean you play something easier, smarter, tame your ego, for the main reason of taking your lumps, getting out of trouble, keeping it humble, play within your means and thinking your doing what's right and you are very proud you made a choice to not make things worse but then you screw up that shot anyway. Its a real killer, a mindblower, joy sucking disease. Its like being punished for doing what's right.

Thin wedge when I have a legit shot at getting it close. Such a waste.

Has to be the hosel rocket! The shot after that is even worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunked wedge around the green.

Leaving a greenside bunker shot in the bunker. I hate bunkers.

Blading a wedge over the green.

For me it's that chunked second shot after a killer drive. Just eats me when that happens.

Missing a 3 footer

Tapping from my IPhone

Like a few people have already mentioned - making a mess of the second shot after you put your drive in the perfect spot on the fairway

Closely followed by the thinned/chunked wedge around the green

Hitting the one tree limb in your way and having to play your next shot further from the pin. Doesn't happen often but that is the worst.

Tappin it up

They all involve a wedge.

Thinning a wedge that sends the ball screaming across the green. Following that up with a chunky wedge because I dont want to thin it again. Just kick me in the nads.

There are 2 shots that equally drive me nuts and make me second guess them for the rest of the day.. the bladed wedge that flies like a bottle rocket without even considering touching the green and the chunked chip/flop that lands halfway between you and the front edge of the green...both of those shots just kick me in the gut, and I really have a hard time forgetting them when it's time to hit another 40-70 yard shot.

Blading a short iron or wedge approach shot. Those shots should be almost a given that I'm at least going to be very close to the green, so I feel like a total a$$ when I end up 15 yards over because of a blade.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

The 60 yard push slice. I know it is coming halfway through my downswing. If only I had the Tiger-strength to stop my swing midway. What an incredible superhuman feat!

That, or the pushed putt from 3 feet.

ATL touched on mine.

When I try to be Mr. smartypants and make a conservative play by using 3 wood or hybrid or even a 5i off the tee to ensure a FIR, and then I dead pull it, chunk it, top it, or do anything bad. This get's my blood pressure very high.
Drivable par 4 with water left right and short? Driver for me baby.

Haha case in point: Northview Ridge. I suspect we will see the big dog there again!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

They all involve a wedge.

Thinning a wedge that sends the ball screaming across the green. Following that up with a chunky wedge because I dont want to thin it again. Just kick me in the nads.

Exactly what I was thinking. I did both at Kinderlou last weekend.

For it is the once a round super slice with an uron where the ball goes 20 yards forward and 100 right.

For me it's that chunked second shot after a killer drive. Just eats me when that happens.

the-goonies-chunk.gif

Anytime this guy shows up, its a bad thing.

Thinning a wedge over the green will get me mad in a hurry.

I did this way too many times this past Sunday and it absolutely infuriates me.

Back