Dedication or Mental Instability?

mcrobertsjmac32

Reaction score
Handicap
I put some new shafts in my wedges and had to hit them. So I went to the range today... less than 24hrs after a snowfall. And to my surprise I was one of 5 people there! 5 ppl hitting balls in sub 30degree temps with snow covering the ground! We had to sweep our mats be4 we could even hit. There was ice and snow on every ball we hit. I had to take a selfie showing this spectacle.

U guys decide. Crazy or dedicated?

Where's the selfie? hahaha

Might be a little crazy but not as crazy as the kid my fitter bribed with $15 to run out to the 250 yd marker on the range in nothing but his boxers and then had to do a snow angle when he got back. We had about 4" of snow on the ground

Might be a little crazy but not as crazy as the kid my fitter bribed with $15 to run out to the 250 yd marker on the range in nothing but his boxers and then had to do a snow angle when he got back. We had about 4" of snow on the ground
Wow that tops it

YES!!! a little bit of both. Ive golfed many times with snow on the ground. When you are used to 0* then 40* is shorts weather! Just ask the guys @BstoneU!

YES!!! a little bit of both. Ive golfed many times with snow on the ground. When you are used to 0* then 40* is shorts weather! Just ask the guys @BstoneU!
Oh I know. Today I looked at the forecast and saw high of 30... thats balmy!

I vote MENTAL

Heck you have to get out of the house and do something or you will be mentally unstable. Good on ya for girding up those loins and getting after it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I put some new shafts in my wedges and had to hit them. So I went to the range today... less than 24hrs after a snowfall. And to my surprise I was one of 5 people there! 5 ppl hitting balls in sub 30degree temps with snow covering the ground! We had to sweep our mats be4 we could even hit. There was ice and snow on every ball we hit. I had to take a selfie showing this spectacle.

U guys decide. Crazy or dedicated?

Crazy. Golf is hard on the body and doing so in the cold, not me.

I say dedicated lol but there may be a little crazy in there too.

It's just love of the game!

If I didn't have to go to Frozen on Ice today I would seriously cash in some of my Southwest Rewards Points to fly somewhere warm just so I can play a round of golf today and then fly back afterwards. I am so sick of being banished from the course due to a 1/2" of snow/ice on the course.

Went to range yesterday myself. 20 degrees, snow on ground, ball machine frozen up. I hit my balls, went and got em, repeat. Hit my yellow chrome Softs. Easy to find. So, i claim dedication.

Went to range yesterday myself. 20 degrees, snow on ground, ball machine frozen up. I hit my balls, went and got em, repeat. Hit my yellow chrome Softs. Easy to find. So, i claim dedication.
Wow thats dedicated for sure

I like your style. I wish the ranges up here were open, I've been wanting to go bad.

Well, I haven't been busy at work this week. I've hit so many foam balls in the house I was about to go stir crazy, so on went the UA cold gear, and off I went. Lol.

I would say a bit exteme, no real feedback in sub freezing temps.

I would say a bit exteme, no real feedback in sub freezing temps.
Sure there is! When u dont hit the sweet spot it hurts...... reallyyyy bad

Back