3 wood numbers???

Clarkey

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all sorry if this is already posted anywhere!
Just looking for some idea numbers in regards to a 3 wood!
Currently playing a RBz tour 14.5* with a rip gamma 60s!
I feel like I'm ballooning it a fair bit due to spinning it too much!
I'm off for a fitting over Xmas and just like to know the numbers I should be looking for!
ss with driver is 104-109 not sure if this will help!
Any info would be great!

You might try a heavier or lower spining shaft
if you like the feel of the RIP try the Alpha 70 it will help control spin and launch
if you are looking alot of spin control try the 7m3 would help

You might try a heavier or lower spining shaft
if you like the feel of the RIP try the Alpha 70 it will help control spin and launch
if you are looking alot of spin control try the 7m3 would help

As somebody who plays the 7m3 in both of my fairway woods, be very cautious with that shaft. It is a very stout beast. I would not buy one or install it without trying it out first.

Are you sure it's not your angle of attack that causes the spin? Perhaps a swing flaw is causing the ballooning.

As somebody who plays the 7m3 in both of my fairway woods, be very cautious with that shaft. It is a very stout beast. I would not buy one or install it without trying it out first.

I agree. 7m3 feels like rebar

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I agree. 7m3 feels like rebar

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That's the crazy thing. I love my Black Ties. Sure they don't load and whip. But I know exactly where the club is at all times in the swing. But it is not a forgiving shaft.

Are you sure it's not your angle of attack that causes the spin? Perhaps a swing flaw is causing the ballooning.

BTW - this may be right. Also, without hard numbers, "ballooning" might actually be ideal launch and spin numbers. It just may not be what you think you should see.

I was on a monitor earlier this year and I was just warming up/ messing around and the fitter saw me hit a few with the3 wood and he said my spin numbers were high! Yer I think a heavier shaft could be the answer! I open to anything not set on the RBz head although I do quite like it! What kind of launch and spin numbers should I be looking for?
on a side note just got my hands on a fubuki alpha 70x could be interesting! Thoughts?

It is a stout shaft (i have played a 7m3 X in my R11s V2) it is nothing to be scared of as long as you are in the correct flex. one of the great things about the interchagable shafts is that if you don't like it back to Ebay it goes

I was on a monitor earlier this year and I was just warming up/ messing around and the fitter saw me hit a few with the3 wood and he said my spin numbers were high! Yer I think a heavier shaft could be the answer! I open to anything not set on the RBz head although I do quite like it! What kind of launch and spin numbers should I be looking for?
on a side note just got my hands on a fubuki alpha 70x could be interesting! Thoughts?

Wish I could give you some good numbers for you to target considering your swing speed. I would probably be wrong if I gave you some so I'll hold my comments.

THe person doing your fitting should know though. I hope that you will have enough shaft options during the fitting session. If you think that you may not, take a few extra fairways to the session and collect some numbers with them. Maybe you can borrow a fairway that has the shaft you would consider even though it isn't the brand that you want.

I just bought a cleveland dst launcher 13 degree fairway wood. It has the RIP ALPHA Xstiff shaft in it.

As soon as the snow melts some, I'll try it out and let you know .

I hit it 3 days ago in 22 degree weather with 4 in of ice and snow on the ground.

You couldn't tell how far it actualy went, but it was pretty low and penetrating.

It may kick my driver out of the bag.

Jackal

PS. My old Cleveland steel launcher is 15 degree, with a gold stiff shaft. It would go about 235+yards in summer. The trajectory would carry over large pine trees similar to a pitching wedge.

Last week, I put a prolaunch red stiff shaft in it. It is tipped 1"and now the ball takes off low and rises like an airplane. It will have lots of roll after the grounds dries up.

Back