It what happens when you have the country of Mexico at your side. And I do agree that Force India SHOULD keep DiResta, but they won't. Sutil is consistent and gets results.

Well, it appears Sutil has resigned for Force India. The strong rumour is that DiResta will take Dario Franchitti's place in IndyCar. They are of course cousins. I really hope that ain't true, although he might not have an option.

Sad about Dario, I wonder who's going to nab Nico. Hulkenburg and Maldonado to Force India next year? I bet Vijay could pull that off.

Well, it appears Sutil has resigned for Force India. The strong rumour is that DiResta will take Dario Franchitti's place in IndyCar. They are of course cousins. I really hope that ain't true, although he might not have an option.

That's a shame if that happens. He will dominate IndyCar in that case. He is a special talent. I hope he gets the vacant seat at Sauber if it opens up.

Vettel finishes the season with 9 straight wins, simply unbelievable.

I hate team orders in F1, but I wish Red Bull would have found some way to get Webber the win today in his last race. Seeing him with his helmet off during the cooldown lap and being so emotional was pretty special.

Webber will always be my favorite driver. I loved him since he was with Jaguar and I always wanted to drive like him when I raced Karts. I do wish he won, but he's had a wonderful career.

Congrats to Seb. Still hate his guts.

I don't think Mark Webber would have wanted to have been gifted a win, and after earlier in the season, I'd bet my house that Vettel wouldn't have let him past with such a massive record on the line anyway.
Always enjoy Interlagos, it's a quality old school track. Already looking forward to next year, new regs, Kimi and Alonso in the same team, there's a lot to look forward too!

I don't think Mark Webber would have wanted to have been gifted a win, and after earlier in the season, I'd bet my house that Vettel wouldn't have let him past with such a massive record on the line anyway.
Always enjoy Interlagos, it's a quality old school track. Already looking forward to next year, new regs, Kimi and Alonso in the same team, there's a lot to look forward too!
IMO, even though Seb's record will be impressive, it's nowhere close to some of the others. These cars are so reliable that one breaking down is a phenomena in itself. Plus, that Red Bull car is crazy quick.

F1

True, it is quick, although Mark Webber hasn't exactly been a dominant force. He couldn't even manage second in the standings despite him being a handy driver. The fact that Vettel has achieved his record with 4 other world champions in the field means he gets plenty of respect from me.

True, it is quick, although Mark Webber hasn't exactly been a dominant force. He couldn't even manage second in the standings despite him being a handy driver. The fact that Vettel has achieved his record with 4 other world champions in the field means he gets plenty of respect from me.

I think I've said this before, but Mark always got the short end of the stick with RB. Seb was their #1 and they focused all on him. I agree he should've easily finished 2nd in points, but not so much. Seb reminds me of Schumy. Aside for the bull headed, "I'm doing it my way" mentality.

it will be interesting to see how Daniel Ricciardo goes at Red Bull next year, coming into such a dominant team.

Honestly, he'll be Vettel's pushover. Red Bull didn't like how Mark tried to stand up and take the fight to the team and Seb. Danny is just there to be a second driver and get podiums. It's a shame really. He's a great talent that can be a World Champion.

Honestly, he'll be Vettel's pushover. Red Bull didn't like how Mark tried to stand up and take the fight to the team and Seb. Danny is just there to be a second driver and get podiums. It's a shame really. He's a great talent that can be a World Champion.

You really don't like Red Bull do you LOL. Or maybe you're conspiracy theorist :D

You really don't like Red Bull do you LOL. Or maybe you're conspiracy theorist :D

I really don't like how they treated Mark. I've also never been a fan of people who dominate sports. Like Ferrari when Schumy was there. I couldn't stand them.

Alright, so here's how everything stands right now.

Maldonado- Lotus (ugh)
Hulk- Force India
Perez- Force India
Sutil- Sauber
Gutierrez- Sauber
Di Resta- IndyCar

F1

Hulkenberg now confirmed at Force India.

Also, Ross Brawn has decided to take a year out to decide what he wants to do. Hmmm.

Fill in Perez at FI, Sutil and Gutierrez at Sauber.

Caterham and Marussia are toss up. Chilton could probably stay at Marussia. I hope Caterham let Rossi have the drive, but they won't. They'll probably get 2 drivers I've never heard of.

Chilton is staying at Maurussia. I don't think it's been confirmed, but he pretty much implied the deal was done.

Chilton is staying at Maurussia. I don't think it's been confirmed, but he pretty much implied the deal was done.

He and his dad. I don't know why they stick him. Sure, he finished every race. However, he lacked pace. Bianchi was always miles quicker than him. It's interesting.

Yeah, I'm a little surprised they stuck with him to be honest.

A couple of small changes announced today for next years season. Drivers will now choose a number that will stay with them for their career. That's a good idea. What isn't so good however is the final race of the championship will now be worth double points. Whoever came up with this idea should be beaten! It's ridiculous. The idea is to try and keep interest in the championship going. This isn't the way to do it though. I hate it when the FIA feel they have to start manipulating things when a driver starts to get dominant. This is one of the stupidest plans they've implemented yet. The good news is no mandatory stops. The teams said no. Good.

Am I the only one that likes every rule the FIA makes? They're turning it into NASCAR and I like that.

The drivers picking their numbers is good. It'll sell more merchandise.

The double points at the last race will be like a playoff. You don't like it Vettel? Then go win the race. Nobody complains about American Football playoffs. You want to win the title? Then win the race.

The budget cap in 2015 will let the fields be closer. I like that. It'll be all about the company and the engineer's. And then, the drivers. Gone will be the days of Red Bull and Ferrari pumping endless amounts of money into the team and teams picking drivers who have cash. It'll be about talent and hard work.

Am I the only one that likes every rule the FIA makes?

YES! A driver has the most consistent season, wins the most races, has a retirement in the final race and ends up not winning the championship. Brilliant! That idea will last all of a season or 2!

I like how Williams is going into 2014, they added two of the better aerodynamics guys in f1, along with having their driver lineup be the best its been in a decade could put them up to being competitive again.

I very much dislike the double points thing. It won't fix anything. Did they notice the guy who won it all in dominant fashion this year still won the last race?

F1

Sutil confirmed at Sauber. Just 4 seats left to be confirmed. 1 each at Sauber and Marussia, and 2 at Caterham.

Rather than head stateside to race, Paul DiResta appears to be heading back to DTM.

Last edited:
Back