The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

The Bridgestone contest is definitely on my agenda. It's the only one of the MC OEMs that I have never bagged a club from, I don't think I've even swung one of their clubs before. The only Bridgestone irons my local shop carries are very blade like, so I never bothered trying them because I knew they were out of my league. I'd be very interested to see what Bridgestone has to offer a mid handicapper like me.

There's no doubt that 2014 will trump everything else in the books and so far the excitement has been pretty stellar with callaway, Cobra, Taylormade, and Cleveland. Bring on Bridgestone and let it roll, the creativity has been absolutely awesome so far and seems to get better with each contest.

Well said Freddie, and I agree 100%, I've said many times, I'd be happy and proud to represent any one of these 5 companies. I have played clubs or balls or in some cases both from each one of them throughout the past few years. While we all have or favorite brands, you'd be doing yourself a disservice not to enter each contest. I know I have and will continue to.

Last edited:
I agree with Freddie. Don't hold out for a particular sponsor. It is not the equipment that makes this event special, it is just icing on the cake! Take advantage of every opportunity and you will have the time of your life no matter who you are representing. Each one of these great companies has something in their line for EVERYONE, so you can't go wrong either way.

I'd be happy to represent any of the 5 companies that are sponsoring the event. While the equipment differs for each company, they are all top notch companies and I'm sure they will all bring it in 2014. Just to be a part of this event would be a dream come true.

Cleveland entries are in the bag. I would assume Bridgestone is next on tap. No matter the vehicle do entry, I hope everyone comes out in support and for two more spots.

If you want in the Morgan Cup every opportunity needs to be taken advantage of. Each of the give OEMs is going to put their back into for each and every member of the 2014 event.

If your holding out for a particular sponsor, don't. The spots in this event are special and will be filled by special people. Keep creativity flowing and rewards will be given.

Just want to make sure that everyone paid attention to this.
Don't hold out for any particular sponsor, because, while equipment is a part of what makes the event special, it is far from the most important part.

Working on your game for you and your team and developing amazing friendships is something you can't replace the way you can a driver or a wedge.

Jump into any chance available to be a part of this awesome event.

I agree with Freddie. Don't hold out for a particular sponsor. It is not the equipment that makes this event special, it is just icing on the cake! Take advantage of every opportunity and you will have the time of your life no matter who you are representing. Each one of these great companies has something in their line for EVERYONE, so you can't go wrong either way.
Antother good point, I know I would show up at the Morgan Cup with a 20 year old set of clubs if I had a chance to play in the event. It's about the competition, camraderie and also the seeing the joy in JB and GG's face as they see their baby continue to grow and reach heights they probably never imagined.

I just spent some time rewatching bits and pieces of the Final round of last year's MC.

I now have goosebumps

You may think you know what your getting yourself into, but you have no idea. This is something bigger than you can fathom and in just 7 short months lives will be changed forever.

#THPMC

Dude, I can't wait. Like the holiday season itself, it's going too slowly and too quickly at the same time.

Christmas in July, redefined.

I just spent some time rewatching bits and pieces of the Final round of last year's MC.

I now have goosebumps

You may think you know what your getting yourself into, but you have no idea. This is something bigger than you can fathom and in just 7 short months lives will be changed forever.

#THPMC

I'm watching round 1 now,
#10 Ryan just threw a dart.

I'm watching round 1 now,
#10 Ryan just threw a dart.

I might after the Granddady is over. That freakin thread has me on the edge of my seat right now!

Me too...on vacation and I keep getting the look from the girlfriend for being on the forum...

I now have goosebumps

#THPMC

I've said it before as have others- but I have dreams about the Morgan Cup. Seriously.

I was just thinking back to all 3 rounds, and I can literally walk each shot and each course in my mind. Crazy how that works.

Yup. And when I dream about it, my shot selection doesn't change.

I was just thinking back to all 3 rounds, and I can literally walk each shot and each course in my mind. Crazy how that works.
I have that sort of recall from almost every round I play each year, yet my fiance is amazed that I can't remember to take out the trash!! Priorities, I say.

Back