Bubba Talks Turbulators - PING G30 Driver

I am so on the fence with Bubba on whether I hate him or love him.

Good piece, but I wish Ping would be a bit more transparent with the fact that the increase in clubhead speed due to turbulators that Bubba sees is due to his extremely high swing speed, and the benefits of the turbulators are reduced as swing speed drops. I know it's not something they'd ever say, but a guy with a 95 mph driver speed is going to see little to no increase in club head speed.

I do want to try this driver it sure looks great if not in pink.

Hahahaha, 315 average is pretty crazy. I think the thing that stood out was an increase of 2.2 mph of clubhead speed for Bubba. Granted were talking less than 4 yards net gain of my math is correct. Doesn't sounds like a ton, but at that level is pretty decent. Not sure how that would translate to the average golfer.

Hahahaha, 315 average is pretty crazy. I think the thing that stood out was an increase of 2.2 mph of clubhead speed for Bubba. Granted were talking less than 4 yards net gain of my math is correct. Doesn't sounds like a ton, but at that level is pretty decent. Not sure how that would translate to the average golfer.

Bubb'as smash factor is 1.52, so that results in a 3.34 mph increase in ball speed, which is about 10 yards more carry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7kD1TJxU5w

Not a big Bubba fan, but, the ad was pretty good for Ping.

It's interesting, normally I'd love videos like this, but I just don't care what Bubba has to say anymore.

Big fan of the G30 tech though. It's a great driver.

I still prefer the TV ad. It seems like he says something along the lines of, "turbulators, I don't know what they are, but it works." For some reason, that always clicked with me (and makes me chuckle a little). So many ads that feature tour players trying to explain club design physics to me. Its refreshing to have someone say, "I don't know, but it works."

~Rock

I think that 1 mph increase in club head speed = 2.4 yds (or something close to that).
For a guy hitting the ball average 315, 5-6 yds prob doesn't make a huge difference. But for the 'normal' golfer, it might make a larger difference, overall (if the average club head speed increase is 2.2 mph, that is).

The wind tunnel tech sure looks like it's working.

"Speed Bumps" might be a bit counter intuitive to what they're trying to do!

Good piece, but I wish Ping would be a bit more transparent with the fact that the increase in clubhead speed due to turbulators that Bubba sees is due to his extremely high swing speed, and the benefits of the turbulators are reduced as swing speed drops. I know it's not something they'd ever say, but a guy with a 95 mph driver speed is going to see little to no increase in club head speed.

i agree. i saw no increase in my fitting.

Does anyone know if the turbulators assist in keeping the club square at high speeds?

EDIT What I mean is, does Ping claim a stability benefit?

Good video and I was soooo close to buying a G30 but the SLDR won out. Some interesting tech for sure.

Does anyone know if the turbulators assist in keeping the club square at high speeds?

EDIT What I mean is, does Ping claim a stability benefit?

Not sure how they would.

Bubba Talks Turbulators - PING G30 Driver

The turbulators work for me.

I think this is great stuff. All we do is swing the club and we get some extra distance. #thatsagoodthing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wind tunnel part looked cool but I didn't get anything out of the video. It's better than the other one Bubba had when you went to Pings website and he says "turbulators, what ever those are"

Back