Anybody Used A Medicus Clockworx Green Slope Indicator

darnall

Reaction score
Handicap
Got an email today about a product by Medicus called the CLOCKWORX HOLE SLOPE INDICATOR. Looks basically like a level that you put in the hole and it shows you which direction and how severe any slope near the hole is, and possibly where the optimal aiming spot of the cup is. Obviously it could only be used for practice, but it claims to help you get a feel for how much putts are affected by different amounts of slope near the hole.

Have any of you guys heard of, seen, or actually used this device? I know many people swear by the medicus swing trainer clubs that break down with a bad swing, so I am curious if the company has developed something that could be that helpful with reading break.

I've seen quite a few of these and don't think I'd bother. I hate the word gimmick, but if it was ever applicable I'd say it would be for these products.

Im sure it could help while using it, but when ur playing a round and cant use it I dont see it carrying over and helping u. Btw I got the email too. Where did we get this from? I never signed up for medicus emails

Im sure it could help while using it, but when ur playing a round and cant use it I dont see it carrying over and helping u. Btw I got the email too. Where did we get this from? I never signed up for medicus emails

Thats a great question.... I wish I knew which contest I entered that is giving our email address to other companies.

Aimpoint express uses a similar device to teach you what percentage of slope looks and feels like. But without the other training, I would think the device would be fairly inefficient.

Aimpoint express uses a similar device to teach you what percentage of slope looks and feels like. But without the other training, I would think the device would be fairly inefficient.

I'm glad you brought that up. I know enough about aimpoint to understand what they are doing with their fingers but I still wondered how much practice/real world experience it would take to decide when a slope was a 1 or a 4.

Here's roughly how AimPoint Express works. The golfer stands facing the hole and, using the feelings in his feet, estimates the steepness of the right-to-left or left-to-right slope on a 0 to 7 scale. He holds up that many fingers, with one edge of the extended fingers aligned with the center of the hole. The other edge of his fingers serves as a guide for the putt's starting line from which the ball will break.

I know you said you understood this part. For me, judging the slope was the hardest part. I can't feel the slope through my feet very well, so my numbers are always off. With the aimpoint bubble level, I do very well on the practice green with single breaking putts. I really need to practice reading the slope more and my inability to do so is what has kept me from going back to learn more advanced breaks. The system does work great, I just can't seem to read the slope on my own very well.

I've seen quite a few of these and don't think I'd bother. I hate the word gimmick, but if it was ever applicable I'd say it would be for these products.

That and you can't use it for posting rounds for handicap as it is illegal.

Here's roughly how AimPoint Express works. The golfer stands facing the hole and, using the feelings in his feet, estimates the steepness of the right-to-left or left-to-right slope on a 0 to 7 scale. He holds up that many fingers, with one edge of the extended fingers aligned with the center of the hole. The other edge of his fingers serves as a guide for the putt's starting line from which the ball will break.

I know you said you understood this part. For me, judging the slope was the hardest part. I can't feel the slope through my feet very well, so my numbers are always off. With the aimpoint bubble level, I do very well on the practice green with single breaking putts. I really need to practice reading the slope more and my inability to do so is what has kept me from going back to learn more advanced breaks. The system does work great, I just can't seem to read the slope on my own very well.

Fastest way I have found is to look for drainage. If it rains which way will the water go? Once you figure that out you know where the low side is and its up to you to judge the slope.

Back