Nike Vapor Pro Driver Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Great Review James, Not a tremendous fan of the color concept but it sounds like the tech is there to fully back it up.

Another good review. I hit about 20 balls with the driver with D+ shaft. Was really impressed.

Great Review James, Not a tremendous fan of the color concept but it sounds like the tech is there to fully back it up.
You would punish this driver my friend.

Very thorough review, James. I have never really spent much time with Nike drivers, but this one sounds promising in terms of distance and forgiveness.

Nice work James, every time I see a new Nike club, that volt just pops. The aesthetics are killer on it.

Great review James. I know you were really excited for this one. I had one of these for a short period of time but it just was too low spin for me. But in hand, it is an absolutely gorgeous club and will be a great performer for anyone looking for low spin which seems to be more and more people these days.

Lots of good info in there, Jman. Well done. I never knew they created this head just for Rory without plans of releasing it. That's pretty cool.

Good review James. How would you say this spins compared to the Alpha and DBD heads?

Excellent review, never been a fan of Nike clubs but this one actually sounds interesting.

Great work on this one James, Nike has a great lineup this year and I appreciate you educating us on it.

Nice review! Low spin is what I need! I'll be hitting this next Wednesday for sure!!! If I buy it, I'll immediately play like Rory, I'm sure!

Great write up! I already miss my Vapor Pro :arrogant: I will get it back one day...

Great review James! I am not in the market for a driver right now, but if I was I would definitely take a look at this. I for one like the volt color and it was really the only way for Nike to go as they had to get away from Tiger red and Cobra/puma already has a monopoly on the orange.

Trout, its a non-issue to be honest. I dont even notice it on mine anymore, and once you hit it you kind of stop worrying and get all giddy at the sound it makes and the adjustability it gives you.

I haven't hit this head yet, but I'd really like to soon - hopefully I will get to at my fitting. I hit the Flex with the same shaft (which is my preferred shaft in my Titleist) and liked it fine, but I imagine I'd like the Pro better since it offers a little more forgiveness and launch. Love the look too. Excited to hit this one.

Nicely done Jman. I have to hit this but may have to take some cuts

I love the pear shape, it's so pleasing to the eye. I love that Nike kept that look in this years model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Appreciate you all taking the time to give this one a read. TONS of tech in this and the Vapor Speed which went up earlier this week, its always fun to review a club with a story.

Taking the time to comment also means more to us three than you all realize, so thank you for that!

I didn't realise the fly-beams (you're right, awful name yet completely Nike) went all the way to the face.

Wouldn't that add rigidity to two very specific points on the face?

I didn't realise the fly-beams (you're right, awful name yet completely Nike) went all the way to the face.

Wouldn't that add rigidity to two very specific points on the face?

To my understanding, the point of contact isn't large enough to counteract the cavity and the compression channel.

Also, I will add I think I could have cleaned the verbiage up a bit looking at it now. Apologies, Its not like they attach in a massive manner to the face area, the focus is simply on maintaining stability.

To my understanding, the point of contact isn't large enough to counteract the cavity and the compression channel.
Makes sense. my small brain doesn't understand how those fly-beams (awful) can add rigidity from face to heel but not add rigidity to the face at contact. I'm not saying they do affect the face, just that I don't understand how they don't.

Maybe its just the volt drawing me in, but I really want to hit most of the new Nike line, and I'm pretty set with the majority of my clubs.

Makes sense. my small brain doesn't understand how those fly-beams (awful) can add rigidity from face to heel but not add rigidity to the face at contact. I'm not saying they do affect the face, just that I don't understand how they don't.

As I mentioned, I think my verbiage looks off there in terms of point of impact of the Fly-beams and the location at which they stop, could have and should have been worded a little cleaner and more concisely, alas, I have not seen a full cutaway of the head.

Back