Training Camp By GolfTEC

Yep, I had the lessons from him, at GG as well. He was also the coach at North Park University for a period of time, IIRC. I see mdean pointed-out the 10% "discount" on the full packages. My initial eval is scheduled for 10:30 on Saturday, with Leonard. Maybe we'll run into each other - I'll be the one, in the bay, swearing I hit the ball better during the season. Maybe negotiate an unofficial multi-THPer discount... :alien:

Howd it go? Roads sucked this way so we didn't venture out.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Howd it go? Roads sucked this way so we didn't venture out.

Roads definitely sucked - glad I elected to leave earlier than originally planned. Session was very good. Very humbling, which I was prepared for, as I knew some of the things I would likely see. Wasn't busy, so post-eval, Leonard and I chatted for a while, and then had an impromptu, brief, putting lesson. Thinking about starting a new thread.

very cool. did you decide on a package? what's the next step?

I'm still debating between the 12 month and the 6 month...6 month is only 17 lessons which is only 7.5 hours....just doesn't seem like enough

I'm still debating between the 12 month and the 6 month...6 month is only 17 lessons which is only 7.5 hours....just doesn't seem like enough

How many hrs is the 12? Is it structured like the 6month?

I guess it depends on what your trying to do man and how the program is setup. The only downside I see is the big potential of continued lessons after our season is well done. Not that I think winter lessons are bad. I actually think they are great for tearing down and rebuilding(what I'm doing) but I'm unsure of how the winter lesson can be transferred to the course when you can't play.

very cool. did you decide on a package? what's the next step?

Yep, went with the 6-month performance improvement package ("Eagle", IIRC). Going in tomorrow for 60 minutes of practice (said they have almost nothing on the calendar for tomorrow). Typing-up a summary; going to capture this little golf-trek as a journal, and will post to the forum.

I pondered this as well. I knew I wouldn't make the best use of the lessons (or in-bay practice time) during the peak playing season, so that brought me back to 6 months.

How many hrs is the 12? Is it structured like the 6month?

I guess it depends on what your trying to do man and how the program is setup. The only downside I see is the big potential of continued lessons after our season is well done. Not that I think winter lessons are bad. I actually think they are great for tearing down and rebuilding(what I'm doing) but I'm unsure of how the winter lesson can be transferred to the course when you can't play.

I struggled a bit with this concern about taking-it-to-the-course. I'm going thru what will amount to be a tear-down, like you, so it did make sense. I'll be able to put learnings from a few lessons to the test during a January tournament; already looking forward to it and a little nervous, too.

Had a good practice session, today. Going to post, in a separate thread, regarding my GolfTEC journey.

I struggled a bit with this concern about taking-it-to-the-course. I'm going thru what will amount to be a tear-down, like you, so it did make sense. I'll be able to put learnings from a few lessons to the test during a January tournament; already looking forward to it and a little nervous, too.

I believe that you will be able to take it to the course. I struggled with the break down and rebuilding during last season and believe that doing it in the off season is the way to go. You will be fine come january

Just letting everyone know I was told by Golftec that the Training Camp is coming back this year again.

how much are the 6 month and 12 month plans?

I dont have the papers in front of me...I'll get them tomorrow and let u know

For my location...six months is 1279...with practice time and 949 without. Twelve is 1989 with practice and 1399 without..... Those are normal prices. I have not seen the training camp package yet....I'll check Friday when I go practice.

For my location...six months is 1279...with practice time and 949 without. Twelve is 1989 with practice and 1399 without..... Those are normal prices. I have not seen the training camp package yet....I'll check Friday when I go practice.

thanks for posting the info. what does 'practice time' exactly mean? Did you get the package and what did you think?

thanks for posting the info. what does 'practice time' exactly mean? Did you get the package and what did you think?

Practice time means you can go in and hook up and use a bay for practice....the instructor is there as well and it usually turns into a mini lesson. I got the six month at a discount. Have only done the evaluation and practiced so far... But it's been great. I'll post two videos from the evaluation when I get home. It's a before and after of my swing at the evaluation.

just for anyone that cares and lives on Long Island, I spoke to them today, it is $900 for 3 months (10 lessons) plus practice time or $699 for 10 lessons without practice time, $999 for 15 lessons with no practice and 6 months with practice (15 lessons) is $1329

that is a lot of cheese, I am definitely gonna have to think about it.

just for anyone that cares and lives on Long Island, I spoke to them today, it is $900 for 3 months (10 lessons) plus practice time or $699 for 10 lessons without practice time, $999 for 15 lessons with no practice and 6 months with practice (15 lessons) is $1329

that is a lot of cheese, I am definitely gonna have to think about it.

Same $ concern here. Golftec is about 35 mile round trip. I have some well reviewed PGA coaches much closer who do 6 lesson sessions for $150 (30 minutes).

Same $ concern here. Golftec is about 35 mile round trip. I have some well reviewed PGA coaches much closer who do 6 lesson sessions for $150 (30 minutes).

Being in Arizona and having Golftec being so far away....I probably would stick with the PGA coaches on the range. BUT, what I would do, is go get the swing evaluation done. For me it was great to go through my swing and look at the issues and be able to get a view of what is going on. It's WELL worth the money.... at least I thought it was.

Quick Golf Tec Eval Video

Quick Golf Tec Eval Video

Please don't laugh....But you can cringe :)

Before GolfTec Evaluation.....

After GolfTec evaluation.....

It may or may not look like a huge difference to you....but to me it certainly is. I'm extremely happy with the eval and am continuing with
a lesson package.

979 here for the deal.
I already had the swing evaluation so they would make it 12 lessons instead of 10.
All has to be completed in 3 months

Probably not a good long term solution plus they won't do the monthly installments. ..back to the drawing board

They opened a golfsmith about 30 minutes away, I wish they had the golftec studio here.

I've got my first lesson next weekend....been practicing and going through my evaluation like crazy. Ready to get this party started.

why do you say it isn't a good long term solution?
979 here for the deal.
I already had the swing evaluation so they would make it 12 lessons instead of 10.
All has to be completed in 3 months

Probably not a good long term solution plus they won't do the monthly installments. ..back to the drawing board

Probably bc it has to be completed in three months..... Takes time to fix a swing.

Yeah I want to work more like 6 months...I don't have huge issues but I don't want to feel like I'm cramming it all in quickly

I finally got in to the local Golfsmith/GolfTec and talked to one of the Pro's about the Training Camp program. Total cost for Minneapolis is $990, which comes out to around $35/hour when you consider the time with the pro, practice time, swing eval, and club fitting. That's not that bad when you consider a golf pro at the local course runs $50-65/hour for lessons (no video, no practice, no club fitting). I'm going to pull the trigger on it. Should be ready to rock as soon as the snow melts!

I think you're looking at this in the right way OH. I really enjoyed my lessons I got, and there were plenty of "ahaaa moments" while taking them as well. You'll really love the one-on-one lessons and how much you can see and feel the changes in your swing. Good luck on hitting your goal of getting down to 10. Keep at it and I'm sure you will.

Back