Wickenburg Ranch in Arizona

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I'll try and get out again and do a full review, but if you are in Arizona I urge you to walk, no RUN to Wickenburg Ranch and play a round. They are a brand new course that will be going private in 2016. They are running a deal right now, 85.00 for Arizona residents and included in the tee time is a Travis Matthew polo and Pullover valued at about 200.00.

They do tee times in 12 minute intervals so it pays pretty quick for a course of its type. It's a par 71 with 6 par 3's and 5 par 5's.

It's legitimately a top 5 layout in Arizona. I loved every hole and there were some amazing ones.

http://www.wickenburgranch.com/wickenburg-ranch/index.asp

I'll try and get out again and do a full review, but if you are in Arizona I urge you to walk, no RUN to Wickenburg Ranch and play a round. They are a brand new course that will be going private in 2016. They are running a deal right now, 85.00 for Arizona residents and included in the tee time is a Travis Matthew polo and Pullover valued at about 200.00.

They do tee times in 12 minute intervals so it pays pretty quick for a course of its type. It's a par 71 with 6 par 3's and 5 par 5's.

It's legitimately a top 5 layout in Arizona. I loved every hole and there were some amazing ones.

http://www.wickenburgranch.com/wickenburg-ranch/index.asp

This one is definitely on the radar. Merv Griffin's former ranch. We looked for tee times the first week it opened but they were booked. Is Quintero close enough to where you could do this as an overnighter from Tucson?

This one is definitely on the radar. Merv Griffin's former ranch. We looked for tee times the first week it opened but they were booked. Is Quintero close enough to where you could do this as an overnighter from Tucson?

Yeah. Its a about a 30 minute car ride from Quintero.

Played there about 2 weeks ago. Tee to green it is in amazing shape. Look forward to playing it again as course knowledge is extremely important. My only complaint would be the insanely slow foursome in front of us.

It is a haul from Phoenix, but it is a really nice track - good challenges, good conditions, and a really nice layout!
Fup and I discussed how hot it might be in the summer, as some holes seem to be located where the air doesn't seem to move.
But Quintero has similar characteristics. I think the "misses" at WR are less penal than at Quintero.

It is a haul from Phoenix, but it is a really nice track - good challenges, good conditions, and a really nice layout!
Fup and I discussed how hot it might be in the summer, as some holes seem to be located where the air doesn't seem to move.
But Quintero has similar characteristics. I think the "misses" at WR are less penal than at Quintero.
I thought about convincing you and Fup to meet me in the middle at, say, Casa Grande, for some golf this summer.

When I drove to Scottsdale last May and stopped in CG, it was 111° outside. At 1115 in the morning.

You couldn't convince me to play golf there in July unless we start at 4 am with Glo-balls and switched to regular balls at the back 9.

Played there about 2 weeks ago. Tee to green it is in amazing shape. Look forward to playing it again as course knowledge is extremely important. My only complaint would be the insanely slow foursome in front of us.

Yeah, I was excited about the 12 minute intervals until we hit a wall on hole 6.

I thought about convincing you and Fup to meet me in the middle at, say, Casa Grande, for some golf this summer.

When I drove to Scottsdale last May and stopped in CG, it was 111° outside. At 1115 in the morning.

You couldn't convince me to play golf there in July unless we start at 4 am with Glo-balls and switched to regular balls at the back 9.

Dude, lets plan on playing when youre in Sedona this summer. I would love to come up for the day and play Oak Creek Country Club or maybe if you can sneak up to Flagstaff Spivey might have reciprocity from his club at Seven Canyons.

Dude, lets plan on playing when youre in Sedona this summer. I would love to come up for the day and play Oak Creek Country Club or maybe if you can sneak up to Flagstaff Spivey might have reciprocity from his club at Seven Canyons.
We'll make it happen.

We'll make it happen.
Would Forest Highlands work? I may know a guy...

The only course I ever played in Wickenburg was Los Caballeros and it kicked my ASS!

Looks like my buddies and I are going on a road trip in June, driving from Tucson, to play Wickenburg Ranch, then up to Sedona to play The Resort At Sedona Ridge and Oak Creek CC, then back down to play Quintero and finish up at Whirwhind in Casa Grrande.

Looks like my buddies and I are going on a road trip in June, driving from Tucson, to play Wickenburg Ranch, then up to Sedona to play The Resort At Sedona Ridge and Oak Creek CC, then back down to play Quintero and finish up at Whirwhind in Casa Grrande.
That sounds like a good trip! You won't be disappointed!

I'm jealous, sounds like fun. Quintero is a blast need to venture out to the others

Quintero is AWESOME, at least it was when it was private. It was always in perfect shape and it's a great layout.

3 of the 4 par-3's are severely downhill and play 1-1/2 to 2 clubs shorter.

Back