Adjusting Lie Angle

Mr Boof

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi all,

I got fitted a couple of years ago with Cobra Amp Forged heads, fitted into DG S300 at 4 degrees upright and .5" short. Apparently that is an incredibly strange combination.

Now over the the last couple of years, I have been working on my swing a fair bit and trying to get more consistent, accurate etc etc. I had a session today in front of Trackman (first time ever, don't get too many of these lovely devices in Western Australia), and the guy who was in charge of Trackman after looking at the numbers said flat out the lie angle is far too upright. I had thought this for the last 6 months or so when I change my swing a bit but wanted hard proof. Now I have it.

I also hit some shots with Callaway Apex irons with standard lie and didn't struggle at all with hitting them, although that might just be that I have half decent hand eye coordination.

My question is, can custom fit shafts that were made to be 4 upright, be bent back to 1 upright or is that too far to go and I am better off in getting new shafts or an entire new set of clubs?
Hope you all can offer some advice.

Cheers,

The shafts don't have anything to do with the lie angle.

Yep, any fitter should be able to bend those back for you.

Hi all,

I got fitted a couple of years ago with Cobra Amp Forged heads, fitted into DG S300 at 4 degrees upright and .5" short. Apparently that is an incredibly strange combination.

Now over the the last couple of years, I have been working on my swing a fair bit and trying to get more consistent, accurate etc etc. I had a session today in front of Trackman (first time ever, don't get too many of these lovely devices in Western Australia), and the guy who was in charge of Trackman after looking at the numbers said flat out the lie angle is far too upright. I had thought this for the last 6 months or so when I change my swing a bit but wanted hard proof. Now I have it.

I also hit some shots with Callaway Apex irons with standard lie and didn't struggle at all with hitting them, although that might just be that I have half decent hand eye coordination.

My question is, can custom fit shafts that were made to be 4 upright, be bent back to 1 upright or is that too far to go and I am better off in getting new shafts or an entire new set of clubs?Hope you all can offer some advice.

Cheers,

The shafts are not bent, the heads are. Have them adjusted. Any qualified club maker can bend them back, or arrange for Cobra to bend them.

Thank you both for the replies!

Will get them re-bent.

Back