Deciding on a gamer putter

bavs

Reaction score
I have 4 different putters that I am considering gaming. A dual balance 36.5" scotty cameron newport 2, a 2014 8802, a infinite Michigan avenue, and a infinite grant park. I feel confident in all 4 but always come back to what I paid for the scotty and not the results I get out of each putter. Last season I changed putters weekly and my putting suffered because of it. What do you do to initially choose and then stick with a putter?

I chose whatever putter I find easiest to control distance.

I usually pick a putter that looks pretty to me that day. I stick with it until it no longer looks pretty. My best days putting are typically the first round with the new putter.

I have 4 different putters that I am considering gaming. A dual balance 36.5" scotty cameron newport 2, a 2014 8802, a infinite Michigan avenue, and a infinite grant park. I feel confident in all 4 but always come back to what I paid for the scotty and not the results I get out of each putter. Last season I changed putters weekly and my putting suffered because of it. What do you do to initially choose and then stick with a putter?

I go for what feels(sounds) right, what puts the best roll on the ball, and what I am most accurate. The three are usually well in line.

I chased the Scotty putter thing a few years ago and came up short. Best thing I ever did was ignore the brand and focus on the results.

How does one go about trying to get into a THP event? I'm very new to this site

There is a lot of different ways and will be in the first post of the event thread. Some are first come first serve some are contests but first you need to join the Albatross Club the link is at the top of the page is also supports Folds of Honor.

I usually go for the roll it produces, distance control and lastly sound and feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks, sound/feel. A fitting is a must to find your stroke type/style and then find one that fits your eye.

Feel, looks, comfort level are things I look at. I don't pay attention to brands and I tried the Scotty thing last two years and gave up on that.

Feel, looks, comfort level are things I look at. I don't pay attention to brands and I tried the Scotty thing last two years and gave up on that.
Agree absolutely!

pick the one that you can roll on your intended line most often. If you can't roll the ball on its intended line everything else becomes more difficult.

Back