Reaction score
Handicap
10.5 GHIN
So this is my normal setup:
dcf95220faeb8ca40e4e517141334e6a.jpg

However I'm wondering if I should be more like this:
1586bebcacd86c4f77fd0449f3ab53b4.jpg

Any thoughts? Thanks!

first one looks good to me. why do you think you need to change? interested to hear freddie's thoughts.

To me the first looks better, best of luck with the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys, I just started reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/The-Keys-Effortless-Golf-Swing/dp/0689116306 Not that I'm trying to promote it, but thought I'd link it in case anyone was interested. Anyway, the first part is about balance, and he says:
Do not cave in the chest and curve the spine. Stretch the spine up, feeling the chest expand somewhat. Tilt the spine forward slightly to enable the arms to hang loosely in front of the thighs. The spine tilt gives the arms enough room to swing freely. You may feel as if you are about to sit on a high bar stool.

Which started me questioning if I was upright enough. I feel like I do have problems with balance, but maybe my setup isn't the culprit.

I'm no Freddy but this is something im working on as well so il give you my thoughts ... I think everyone is a little different however your adjustments I think are for the better. Your back is not as curved in no.2 and your feet are more under your body. Essentially if you stuck a post through your shoulder you would hit our feet... The first one itd probably would be in front of your feet.

In saying that your first position was better than what I started with , so in saying that your adjustment may not be needed. Biggest reminder when changing your posture is to always check how your arms hang. Take the left arm off and see if it hangs correctly. Looks like on the bottom one your a little inside

I personally like the look in #2 better as long as your weight in feet is in the middle. Looks easier to make a full shoulder turn under that chin. Your pelvis is also looking to be tilted correctly in relation to your spine which is important to maintain the spine angle throughout the swing

So this is my normal setup:
dcf95220faeb8ca40e4e517141334e6a.jpg

However I'm wondering if I should be more like this:
1586bebcacd86c4f77fd0449f3ab53b4.jpg

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Your hands are a bit low in the top photo and too close to the legs in the bottom photo. Also your weight is on your heels in the bottom photo. Let's move that weight forward to the balls of your feet and allow the arms to hang free from the shoulders.

Remember this is an athletic position. It must be firm but light. Too much bend in the knees and waist can crowd the down swing and inhibit power. Bad weight distribution will most certainly cause power lose and bad balance.
The bottom pic is very close where you might want to be, just adjust that weight..hope this helps.

Your hands are a bit low in the top photo and too close to the legs in the bottom photo. Also your weight is on your heels in the bottom photo. Let's move that weight forward to the balls of your feet and allow the arms to hang free from the shoulders.

Remember this is an athletic position. It must be firm but light. Too much bend in the knees and waist can crowd the down swing and inhibit power. Bad weight distribution will most certainly cause power lose and bad balance.
The bottom pic is very close where you might want to be, just adjust that weight..hope this helps.

Awesome, thank you. I'll definitely work on staying off of the heels.

How much bend at waist?

Ignore this.

Not sure what's better for your golf game, but as a chiropractor, you are hunched over (shoulders rounded), and your chin/head is forward in #1.

I like #2, as long as you don't feel off balance.

Back