Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Krank Rage Driver?

Handicap
    Thanks

Krank Rage Driver?

Does anyone know anything about this driver? Do you think the claims (and it has received some good reviews) stack up to reality?

Rage Driver [rage] - $349.00 : Krank Golf Online, Home of the Red Hot Chili Pepper and El Diablo

Thanks!

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanked 57,548 Times in 11,909 Posts
    I dont know a lot about them other than I have hit it once on teh range. And no I do not believe the claims. Just my opinion.
    Driver: Big Bertha w/ Custom LZ HandMade
    Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 15*
    Hybrids: X2Hot 3 & 4

Irons:
    D200 w/ Program shafts
    Wedges: 588 RTX 2.0 50, 54 & 58
    Putter: Z3
    Balls: B330-RX

Handicap
    Thanks
    It's ok if you can get pass the odd colors. I'd prefer a Geek head over the Krank any day of the week.I've seen too many krank heads crack.They even had one crack live on TV during the remax finals.wasn't good for sales.
    Geek Golf

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thank you both!

Handicap
    Thanks
    Just an opinion, from the other side of the fence.
    I have met Lance Reader and Vinnie Rivera and both are quality minded golf guys. I have heard the same stories about the past KRANK heads having issues, but I also believe that Lance's R&D was full of some serious testing on this head and I doubt that the cracking will be a problem, this time around. I have the RAGE in 9.0 with the Tour Diesel shaft and it is EASILY as long as any club I have hit, in recent memory. I used to be the long guy in the group, but distractions and some physical challenges did their part to shorten that, a bit. I have hit the RAGE on the range and found myself hitting corner to corner, something that I haven't done in quite a while.
    If you have access to hit one, as a test, I'd do it in a heartbeat. You won't find anyone home at the KRANK offices, this weekend, though. With the World Long Drive Championships going on in Mesquite, AND OVER 50% OF THE FIELD SWINGING A KRANK PRODUCT, you can imagine where Lance and the boys are, LOL!
    I saw mention of the colors in one of the above posts and admit that it is far from the "Run of the Mill". However, I also believe that the number of guys who trust this club for the serious Long Drive competition, can't be a fluke.
    I love mine, colors and all. Heck, I even have a two in the shop that will make the original paint scheme look tame, ;-).
    Just my 2-cents,
    LaMont in AZ

MINE

Handicap
    10+/-
    Thanks
    I actually hit one of these drivers yesterday. Some guy had one at our driving range, and was letting folks hit it. It had something to do with the long drive championships this week end in Mesquite. I have to say I was longer with this driver than my present 3 year old driver by about 10 yards of carry, and with my same accuracy. I liked it hitting it, it felt good, and I don't think with my swing speed I would have to worry about cracking issues. I know a long drive competitor who cracks just about every brand he tries eventually. Any brand that cracks in long drive competition is being abused anyway to my way of thinking. He was not selling anything, but made it a point to let people know this was a one of the featured drivers in Mesquite this week end. Would I pay $349 for 10 extra yards of carry? Probably not, only because I am happy with my present driver, and could probably do the same carry yardage with a new component, fitted, driver for a lot less money. I will hit it again up in Mesquite if they are demoing it. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by DefCon1 View Post
    Does anyone know anything about this driver? Do you think the claims (and it has received some good reviews) stack up to reality?

Rage Driver [rage] - $349.00 : Krank Golf Online, Home of the Red Hot Chili Pepper and El Diablo

Thanks!
    MR. Anonymous Posts

There's "anonymous" poster again.

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thank you both for your reply...I am back to being tempted to getting one. 10 yards right now sounds good!

Handicap
    Thanks
    Well, I don't know if this will help, but I spent some time on the range today, with my daughter. I took along my RAGE and a G5, 45", Accra SE80, M5 flex to go head to head.
    I won't bore you with the details, but according to my daughter's sight, much better than mine, the RAGE was over 25 yards longer in carry than my G5. I really wanted to launch that G5, and thought I was killing it. But, once the RAGE was out, there really was no contest.
    Just one more example to cloud the waters.
    They are not a sponsor here, yet, but don't count them out. I am working on them, every chance I get.
    Thanks,
    LaMont in AZ

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanks, LaMont. Vince at Krank told me I could probably see a 20 yard gain after we went through my numbers and current driver specs.

Handicap
    Thanks
    In fact here is a press release from Geek that came out today.

Geek Golf Company will have over 40+ Professional Long Drivers going into the RE/MAX Long Drive Championships, Oct. 25th thru Oct. 30th in Mesquite Nevada, using Geek Drivers. Geek Golf has WON the most Major titles in Pro Long Driving this year over every other golf company.

Steve Almo, President of Geek Golf, stated, "We are overwhelmed by the success that has been attained this year by Pro LDers using Geek Golf Clubs! We swept the European Long Drive Championships winning every division, Open, Seniors and Ladies! We also took the Top 4 spots in the French Long Drive Championships in 2 divisions and Sandra Carlborg, using Geek, WON the International Ladies Long Drive Championship and set a new Ladies Long Drive record of 391.2 yards!"

We fully expect Pro LDers using Geek Clubs to make a winning showing at the RE/MAX this year.

Irons:
    D200 w/ Program shafts

Handicap
    Thanks
    Thanks for bringing me back down to earth, JB. What I find most interesting is their unwillingness to let you review one of their drivers.

Handicap
    Thanks
    It happens. Heck it happens frequently. But what I find odd is that they continue to make these claims and yet so few have ever put them head to head in an unbiased test. Send them to a lab, send them to us, send them somewhere and prove that they will increase distance.

I love that some have found them to work as advertised. That is what makes this game great. Quite a few yesterday liked the driver a lot. But not one of us saw any distance gains out of it.

Irons:
    D200 w/ Program shafts

Handicap
    Thanks
    And, if it did live up to the claims you would think they would WANT the driver to go head-to-head against their competitors. I would think that would sell it more than anything else.

Course, I could always buy the Hammer. POWWWWWW!

Handicap
    Thanks
    Every piece of equipment makes claims. Not just this one, but I have to say that there are a million golfers on minor tours that would be playing this club in a second if it added 20 yards to their distance.

Irons:
    D200 w/ Program shafts

Banned
    Handicap
    12ish
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefCon1 View Post
    Thanks for bringing me back down to earth, JB. What I find most interesting is their unwillingness to let you review one of their drivers.

GEEK submitted one to THP, I think that says something about Steve Almo and his confidence in his product. The DotComThis is definitely tops on My list of component heads I've tried and 1 of the top 2 of everything I've tried. I have tried quite a few in the past, believe Me. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but as far as performance, I rate it right up there with any of the majors.