"Yes We Can" - Do You Believe In It?

Status
Not open for further replies.
now, did you base that opinion on the fact that he is a great speaker... his resume is incredibly weak and he can't even claim a major piece of legislation while in the senate. I'm just wondering what makes him qualified?
For me, its more a matter of a change in thinking. In recent years its been all the Bush and Clinton families and IMO its time for a change.
I dont think that anything can really make someone fully qualified to be president because of all the pressure involved.

While I certainly will not pick sides in this debate I would hardly call someone's resume weak being that they were the President of the Harvard Law Revue School, most politicians are law makers. His other qualification that was mocked during the campaign were his volunteer skills as a community organizer, and quite frankly those skills are what won him the election.

His other qualification that was mocked during the campaign were his volunteer skills as a community organizer, and quite frankly those skills are what won him the election.

Agreed. I'm surprised she thought that being Miss Wasilla and Gov for a year made her more qualified. :wink:

Agreed. I'm surprised she thought that being Miss Wasilla and Gov for a year made her more qualified. :wink:

... VP, they don't ANYTHING! Joe Biden was more qualified than Obama

now, yes... I agree that Palin was not experienced but you can't take away her executive experience, albeit short. You can't just not show up when you're a governor.

now, yes... I agree that Palin was not experienced but you can't take away her executive experience, albeit short. You can't just not show up when you're a governor.

Alaska has a relatively small population though, and the Russia comments were laughable at best if not downright disturbing. Palin was nothing more but a cliche of the Republican party. I really believe that choice was forced on McCain, I'm convinced it cost him the election. There were so many better choices, Giulliani, Romney Jindal...... Palin definitely scared off any chances of the Republicans getting the moderate vote.

really??? i would take someone with SOME kind of executive experience anyday over a "community organizer". honestly, Barack Obama has never run a city, and he has never run a state for that matter. and yeah, Biden is more qualified than Obama is. dont get me wrong, im hoping he does a good job. he certainly cant do any worse

Palin was nothing more than an attempt to sway the female vote over the McCain. The GOP hoped that with Palin they could get the votes of women who were pissed that Clinton didnt get the Democrat nomination.

No, but the VP is a heartbeat away from the presidency and if for whatever reason the president cant do the job, the VP takes over.
At McCain's age, it was a real possibility that he could die in office or at least be unable to do his job for some medical reason and the thought of a president Sarah Palin is very scary.

I don't wish any bad luck or anything on Obama... someone mentioned earlier that many of us are more annoyed with the coverage and hype that the media has placed on this man. I hope he can change everything and I honestly think he can... for a few reasons

1) he's a political machine and a back stabber, and rumored to be a back room dealer
2) I think he is so politically motivated and has a thirst for power that he will appease different sides, something he has already tried to do.

I think at the end of the day, dems and liberals will be disappointed with him... he set some loft goals and made the election feel like a dream, a movie, something people want to be part of. Now, he has already started to reign dream back... choose a controversial evangelical pastor (with open opinions on homosexuality) for the inauguration that REALLY upset a lot of people when that was announced.

Barack Obama has never run a city, and he has never run a state for that matter.

:confused2: Neither has John McCain. (Or plenty we've elected, I'm sure.)

You all still make fun of us for Ventura! He had! :wink:

:confused2: Neither has John McCain.

please, Julie... I know you're smarter than this. You cannot compare their records or service... not at all

I've just always thought it's a flimsy argument.

... I think the point is that the man went from relative obscurity to the oval office in 5 years...

:confused2: Neither has John McCain. (Or plenty we've elected, I'm sure.)

You all still make fun of us for Ventura! He had! :wink:

i was referring to Palin vs Obama anyway

... I think the point is that the man went from relative obscurity to the oval office in 5 years...

Same story with the lady, more so. Ac-Jack 'n' Bak had some true points on that.

I just think if you're going to attack, you need to make sure your side isn't doing the same thing.

Same story with the lady, more so. Ac-Jack 'n' Bak had some true points on that.

I just think if you're going to attack, you need to make sure your side isn't doing the same thing.

but you're comparing apples and oranges... I am looking for that experience in the top gun (maverick), not goose. The whole "he could die" argument is pretty out there... anyone can die at any moment

i was referring to Palin vs Obama anyway

In that case Obamas IQ beats out Sarah Palins executive experience, and Palin was not running for President by the way. Comparisons of Obama vs "anyone" are pretty silly at the moment, he won, he's the president anything else is irrelevant for at least 4 years.

but you're comparing apples and oranges...

That's why attack campaigns suck. Just put up your case and chill out at trying to gun the other guy out of the air. I honestly think that's why Obama won. Love him or hate him (I know the answer :wink:)

Give him a chance, it might not be all that terrible. It's been a few hours.

now, did you base that opinion on the fact that he is a great speaker... his resume is incredibly weak and he can't even claim a major piece of legislation while in the senate. I'm just wondering what makes him qualified?

*Crickets*

I am scared about a few things...

1.) he will be tested with a threat and or attack (more than likely not on US soil), soon
2.) he was VERY hush about Israel/Palestine but ran his mouth about everything (including his concern that Americans would not be ready to the digital TV concern, wow!)
3.) he is going to close Gitmo

In that case Obamas IQ beats out Sarah Palins executive experience, and Palin was not running for President by the way. Comparisons of Obama vs "anyone" are pretty silly at the moment, he won, he's the president anything else is irrelevant for at least 4 years.

gee, thanks for enlightening me. i was referring to Palins experience vs Obamas. nothing more (whos IQ is higher, who was running for what)

gee, thanks for enlightening me. i was referring to Palins experience vs Obamas. nothing more (whos IQ is higher, who was running for what)

Just keeping you honest, you seemed confused. :angel:

Just keeping you honest, you seemed confused.

i seem confused? about what? i made a comparison of Palins executive experience vs Obamas executive experience. THATS ALL. you're trying to make it more than it was

i seem confused? about what? i made a comparison of Palins executive experience vs Obamas executive experience. THATS ALL. you're trying to make it more than it was

Relax bro.....it's sarcasm, laugh and take in some air. No ill feelings. No need to get hot and bothered,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back