907golfer12

Makin a comeback!
Reaction score
Handicap
Well I have been in a lot of pain lately, and I figured I would share the news with my friends here at THP.

Last thursday I got braces. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I have like 2 teeth that hurt pretty bad, and I can only eat soft foods right now, but again, it's not too bad. I've been taking motrin like crazy, I feel like an addict.

So I guess that's my news. Kinda lame, I know. But I figured I'd share.

We are thinking of you 907

Hang in there buddy, the pain becomes a after thought after a while.

Well I have been in a lot of pain lately, and I figured I would share the news with my friends here at THP.

Last thursday I got braces. It's not as bad as I thought it would be. I have like 2 teeth that hurt pretty bad, and I can only eat soft foods right now, but again, it's not too bad. I've been taking motrin like crazy, I feel like an addict.

So I guess that's my news. Kinda lame, I know. But I figured I'd share.

I feel your pain man, I just got braces a good... 6 months ago. It hurt at first but it gets fine after.

Sorry to break it to ya buddy, but when you get elastics, the pain of when you first got them, comes right back again. As well as getting them tightened. So watch out!

Thanks for the support.

Dent, my braces are like different, they auto-tighten, it's hard to explain though. They are supposed to be more effective, thus I won't have to wear them as long.

Braces suck. Been there, done that.

they told me I needed them on more than one occassion... no thanks

I'd rather have a messed up bottom row than have braces in college!

Me too. I think I even got the t-shirt. This little pain right now will pay off later when you have straight pearly whites. :D

Thanks for the support.

Dent, my braces are like different, they auto-tighten, it's hard to explain though. They are supposed to be more effective, thus I won't have to wear them as long.

Do you still have to get elastics? I get mine off in a good 2 months or so, its amazing I only have to wear mine for 8, when the average is like 2.5 years.

muntz.gif

It's probably been 20 years since I got mine taken off. They weren't much fun, but I'm glad I got them when I did.

muntz.gif

It's probably been 20 years since I got mine taken off. They weren't much fun, but I'm glad I got them when I did.

Same here. They hurt at first but the pain does go away. I am with Dent about the rubber bands those were torture!! In the end they were well worth it. That is of course until my wisdom teeth came in and my teeth shifted, I was NOT happy about that.

Same here. They hurt at first but the pain does go away. I am with Dent about the rubber bands those were torture!! In the end they were well worth it. That is of course until my wisdom teeth came in and my teeth shifted, I was NOT happy about that.

I am really scared for my wisdom teeth to grow in.

Do you still have to get elastics? I get mine off in a good 2 months or so, its amazing I only have to wear mine for 8, when the average is like 2.5 years.

Some kids still wear rubber bands, but I don't need to! :alien2:

All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted. They had to put me under, shatter them, and dig out the pieces. While I was out, Dad came in to chat it up with the dentist, and he was yanking on a pair of pliers in my mouth, with a knee on my chest. Apparently it was pretty bad.

I woke up 2 days later, and ate ice cream for a week. I still love Cookies-n-Cream :blob:

All 4 of my wisdom teeth were impacted. They had to put me under, shatter them, and dig out the pieces. While I was out, Dad came in to chat it up with the dentist, and he was yanking on a pair of pliers in my mouth, with a knee on my chest. Apparently it was pretty bad.

I woke up 2 days later, and ate ice cream for a week. I still love Cookies-n-Cream :blob:

I had one of my molars pulled out when I was 8. The dentist was yanking and had his foot on the chair tugging. That tooth still hasn't grown in.

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16. It actually wasnt that bad. They put me under and all I remember is the doctor saying to me, "Ok, start counting down from 100." I remember making it to about 97 and the next thing I knew they were waking me up, saying, "Ok, we're done now." The funniest part about it was that I had my wisdom teeth removed on a Friday morning and I still went to work that night and worked all weekend. I was puffy and sore, but I figured Id rathar go to work and at least make money than to lay around at home, not making money and still be miserable.
If they put me under every time I went to the dentist, thatd be fine for me. Even when its just a routine teeth cleaning, I hate going to the dentist.
I hate needes too, but Id much rathar them put an IV in my arm and put me under than to sit there holding my mouth open while they scrape and polish my teeth.

muntz.gif

lol, that was funny (the pic)

I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed when I was 16. It actually wasnt that bad. They put me under and all I remember is the doctor saying to me, "Ok, start counting down from 100." I remember making it to about 97 and the next thing I knew they were waking me up, saying, "Ok, we're done now." The funniest part about it was that I had my wisdom teeth removed on a Friday morning and I still went to work that night and worked all weekend. I was puffy and sore, but I figured Id rathar go to work and at least make money than to lay around at home, not making money and still be miserable.
If they put me under every time I went to the dentist, thatd be fine for me. Even when its just a routine teeth cleaning, I hate going to the dentist.
I hate needes too, but Id much rathar them put an IV in my arm and put me under than to sit there holding my mouth open while they scrape and polish my teeth.

My wisdom teeth story was most like Bakemono. I actually drove up to KC from Pittsburg (I was in college) on a Tuesday, had all 4 cut out Wednesday around 10:00 in the morning, I had a friend drive me like they said, but since I had to pick him up he could only drive me to withing a few miles of my house. So I dropped him off and drove home! My mom and sister came home from work that evening expecting to take care of poor little me but I was already out at the bar for drink and drown night. I had absolutely no pain and I saved my pain pills (Tylenol 3 with codeine) for hangover prevention pills. Hopefully yours will be like that Dent (sans the drink and drown).

My wisdom teeth story was most like Bakemono. I actually drove up to KC from Pittsburg (I was in college) on a Tuesday, had all 4 cut out Wednesday around 10:00 in the morning, I had a friend drive me like they said, but since I had to pick him up he could only drive me to withing a few miles of my house. So I dropped him off and drove home! My mom and sister came home from work that evening expecting to take care of poor little me but I was already out at the bar for drink and drown night. I had absolutely no pain and I saved my pain pills (Tylenol 3 with codeine) for hangover prevention pills. Hopefully yours will be like that Dent (sans the drink and drown).

man, is that all you got??? Tylenol 3's??? Peeeuuw! lol, i got Percocets for mine! :banana: and like you , i saved em for afterwards (didnt need em) :act-up:

I used a few of mine the first day that they were pulled... I had all four pulled in one session

I have pretty much the same story Dent. It wasn't bad at all. All four of mine were impacted and they knocked me out, just like Bakemono all I remember is them saying count down from 100 I also got to about 97 and was out, the next thing I remember is waking up in the recovery room FREEZING and then the doc and my mom came in. I took one percocet that night and by the next morning I was back to work.

The only bad part of the entire thing is that when they started to grow in my teeth shifted a little and my perfectly straight teeth were then slightly crooked. So if the doc gives you a retainer to wear when you get your braces off, my recommendation is to wear it.

Braces suck, I feel for ya 907. Had 'em through HS. I was lucky (kinda) with the wisdom teeth and got a trip to the oral surgeon prior to having the braces put on. He put me under and removed them from down in the gums. I still only remember bits and pieces of that day after they put me out.

There's nothing quite as fun as forgetting your mouthguard at home the night of a game and taking an elbow to the mouth down in the paint then spitting blood for the rest of the night. :beat-up::angry:

Well it has been 6 days, and I still have some pain when trying to eat things. The problem is biting through things, and tearing the food off. But it's now better, and I can eat more things like tacos and stuff.

Hopefully it will get better soon 907. As for the wisdom teeth, like others have said, piece of cake. I didn't have any pain at all.

Hopefully it will get better soon 907. As for the wisdom teeth, like others have said, piece of cake. I didn't have any pain at all.

It has been getting better, I expect by tomorrow to have next to no pain, if not any pain. But if by Friday they still hurt then I'm going to go into Ortho and see what's up.

Back