What are you addicted to?

I am addicted to Lifesavers... the Candy.

Managed to overcome mine to cinnamon Altoids, but it wasn't easy.

Diet Coke

Diet Coke

Oh! I forgot this, too. (I knew I was forgetting something.) Some studies have been coming out lately on this.

Diet Soda May Sabotage Weight Loss Efforts

People who drink diet soda in an effort to lose weight may be doing more harm than good according to a recent study conducted by the Ingestive Behavior Research Center at Purdue University. In the study, rats given yogurt sweetened with zero calorie saccharin later gained more weight and put on more body fat than rats who ate yogurt sweetened with glucose (a simple sugar comparable to table sugar).

The study surmised that by breaking the connection between a sweet sensation and high-calorie food, the use of saccharin changes the body’s ability to regulate intake. Problems with self-regulation might explain in part why obesity has risen in parallel with the use of artificial sweeteners. Because people have different experiences with artificial and natural sweeteners, human studies that don’t take into account prior consumption may produce a variety of outcomes. Three different experiments were conducted to explore whether saccharin changed lab animals’ ability to regulate their intake using various assessments, the most obvious being caloric intake, weight gain and compensation by cutting back.

“The data clearly indicate that consuming a food sweetened with no-calorie saccharin can lead to body weight gain that would not occur if a person consumed the very same food sweetened with higher calorie sugar,” the authors wrote. The authors noted that this outcome may seem “counterintuitive” and may not come as welcome news to doctors and dieticians who have long recommended low or no-calorie sweeteners to their patients.

I`m addicted to diet orange pop, milk, and pizza. The goldfish are a favorite of my two kids though!!

I have major portion control issues. I have been working on that lately. I am a big fan of small meals all day long now. Althought sometimes I think I am eating one too many of these small meals. Recently I started eating cottage cheese with soy nuts for lunch (I know so many people hate cottage cheese but I love it) and that fills me up so much! Then for a snack later I eat an apple or a string cheese (skim milk of course). My problem is when I come home, dinner is always my downfall. And then of course after a huge dinner I have to eat something sweet. Why is chocolate so good?

And then of course after a huge dinner I have to eat something sweet. Why is chocolate so good?

Try Sleepytime tea. Chamomile with a little spearmint, so there's some sweetness and some bite. You don't have real winter, but it's good for that.

Try Sleepytime tea. Chamomile with a little spearmint, so there's some sweetness and some bite. You don't have real winter, but it's good for that.

We keep our house so cold sometimes it feels like winter. I will definitely give that a try, thanks Claire. The wedding dress diet hasn't exactly started with a bang. I swear next week I am back to the gym (I hope)! If you have any motivational tips for that too I am open to suggestions.

If you have any motivational tips for that too I am open to suggestions.

Accountability! A professional trainer, a class where you know people, just a workout buddy--someone you expect to see and who'll ride you if you don't show up.

Accountability! A professional trainer, a class where you know people, just a workout buddy--someone you expect to see and who'll ride you if you don't show up.

I wish I could afford a personal trainer. That would be the best option for me. Or a solid workout buddy, but I don't have anyone reliable enough. I guess for now I have to rely on will power. Damn you delicious fried food and creamy dairy!

Someone you're accountable to doesn't have to be someone you work out with though...just a friend or someone to share how you're doing...

There are some good internet communities for that. You can post how you're doing and they cheer you on. May even be some more brides in there! I was in a group once (I used to gain and need to lose weight from medications I took), this group sent you an email if you didn't post in a week and kicked you out if you didn't post in two. Tough as nails!

Sriracha, I cant spell it but I sure can eat it. I have not found anything that this stuff is not good on.

I could not agree more, that stuff is GREAT!

There is a chicken place by my house and I always go crazy with it there. When I was younger I used to go through almost a bottle a month.Its good on pizza, eggs, tacos, the list goes on and on.

There is a chicken place by my house and I always go crazy with it there. When I was younger I used to go through almost a bottle a month.Its good on pizza, eggs, tacos, the list goes on and on.

I bet that is awesome on eggs, I have always loved hot sauce on eggs.

The last two episodes of 24 were awesome. Sucks that I have to wait a week for the next one.

Madden 09
Arnold Palmer (they are great)
Ham sandwich

Cheeto Puffs, Golf, and video games.

Yep... :D

Any type of Shooting. The best way to releive frustration, and for some reaon everyone leaves you alone.

Any type of Shooting. The best way to releive frustration, and for some reaon everyone leaves you alone.

I'd love to hang at a range... every time I am invited something comes up and I just can't make it happen!

I'd love to hang at a range... every time I am invited something comes up and I just can't make it happen!

DD you are not that far, when the weather gets better, we'll have to get together. I have the Smith & Wesson range five minutes from my house. I know a couple of good ranges up near Boston.

I could pick your brain on golf tips, I could use all the pointers I can get.

Hmm...I am addicted to, looking at clubs to buy on the internet.

I am actually having alot of fun looking for stuff to buy. Even If I don't buy it.

DD you are not that far, when the weather gets better, we'll have to get together. I have the Smith & Wesson range five minutes from my house. I know a couple of good ranges up near Boston.

I could pick your brain on golf tips, I could use all the pointers I can get.

sounds good man... can I throw some grenades as well? haha

Im hooked on smoked salmon on a bagel with cream cheese and red onions and capers. I hated smoked salmon as a kid, but I sure do love it now.

Back