Sunday Afternoon @ Walmart

thedue

Another Day in Paradise
Reaction score
Handicap
If your a shopper then you may not know where I'm coming from here, but I hate to shop! Liz hates to take me! By the time we park the car it's figured out where we are starting, where we are ending and the route in between. Poor Liz has short leg's and walking with me her feet are a blur, lol. It's a balmy 34 degrees out, with golf and football on tv, we must get done.

I must be the only one in a hurry because I'm always in the passing lane, swerving around carts, excuse me - excuse me... We were Grandchild Christmas shopping today and I spent several hundred dollars in about 35 minutes.

Anyone else shop fast like me? :banana:

I shop really fast, but I also really like to shop.

with golf and football on tv, we must get done.

The most important game of the week was played on Thursday night in Columbia, MO. Go Huskers!

I like to shop but when I go I know what I need and like to get done in a hurry. I certainly can sympathize.

That was quite a game Graz! A hugh bunch of us played pool that night and watched the game. Not much pool got played, lol.

That was quite a game Graz! A hugh bunch of us played pool that night and watched the game. Not much pool got played, lol.
It sure was! What a fourth quarter! I went through the whole spectrum of emotion on that game. Watching that game was sure better than shopping!!!

316.jpg

I'm convinced that the people in here don't own full length mirrors. If they saw what they looked like - they wouldn't leave the house. I did like the Lucky Charms jacket one guy had on though.

I covered my full length mirrors and wear sweatpants. My full length mirrors were tuned wrong I think.:curl-lip:

189.jpg

I covered my full length mirrors and wear sweatpants. My full length mirrors were tuned wrong I think.:curl-lip:

Not to play golf - I hope.:shock:

Not to play golf - I hope.:shock:
Oh no. This darn site has given me the golf clothes bug. I like getting dressed up for golf more than seeing clients. :)

I prefer not to shop at Wally World unless I absolutely HAVE to...
For some reason, I think that after 2 months, it must have changed its ways and I go in there for something...

I am then reminded of why I would buy powdered Mac n Cheese from Target instead of the Creamy Mac n Cheese from Walmart...
:beat-up:

Oy, I'm going to toss my rice krispies pretty soon.....Now I know why I don't shop at WalMart

Having lived in the area where WalMart has its world HQ, I can tell you they are one huge economic engine. That said, they also seem to attract the weirdest clientele I have ever seen.

There is actually an "upscale" WalMart near their HQ where all the execs wives shop. It has wide aisles, a higher class product mix, and is always spotless. They have learned to cater to the demographics of the area the store is in. WalMart does not drive society, it reflects it. Now that is sad.

A lot of that stuff is funny, but most of it is silly when you look at the overall context. Of course Walmart is going to be fined occassionally. Imagine how difficult it is to insure that all your suppliers meet every standard for every law in the world.

As far as them costing taxpayers money, I wouldn't doubt that some statistician can make it seem like they are the devil, but in fact, they pay employees wages that Walmart pays taxes on as well as the employees. Lets face it, if Walmart did not employ them, they would be on welfare or working at some other low wage job.

Size and success always breeds envy and jealousy. Someday other web forums will be complaining about the size of THP when it is the Walmart of the internet.

211.jpg

461.jpg

67.jpg

Spoiler
20.jpg

SafeRedirect-11.jpg

Harry, is that you?
305.jpg

Back