Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Braves signed Lowe for 4 year 60 million. He has never been on the DL but the guy is 36. Overall I think it will work out, he will keep the defense busy.

Great gruond ball pitcher that never seems to get enough credit.

Great gruond ball pitcher that never seems to get enough credit.
Im kind of glad he is gone. That was my girlfriends favorite Dodger, she always called him her future husband. But really, when the guy is on, he is nasty. Even though he got our hot sports reporter kicked off the post game show. But I will miss him, he was our Ace.

I saw that Prior signed with the Padres. Minor League deal but in that division he might resurect his career. The big pitching question left is Sheets.

I saw that Prior signed with the Padres. Minor League deal but in that division he might resurect his career. The big pitching question left is Sheets.

The Padres are going to give him another chance this year, seems like a good move. The problem with Prior isnt staying healthy, its getting healthy. It seems like he has started every season on the DL. It would be nice to see him get back to his 2003 form.

I heard on the radio today, that with Lowe off the market, the Mets are trying to make a move on Sheets. They said 3 years 30 million, seems kind of risky.

This off season has been so slow and boring, spring training starts in 6 weeks and there are still a lot of big names out there. It seems like with the economic uncertainty, teams are choosing to stick with their youth. Well see.

Id say Mets or Rangers on Sheets.

Andruw Jones was released by the Dodgers I heard. That was a horrible signing to begin with. And I just saw in minor news that Colon signed back with Whitesox.

Andruw Jones was released by the Dodgers I heard.

Thank God. Ive been going to games my whole life and have never seen Dodger fans turn on one of their own. From showing up 25 pounds overweight to criticizing the fans. I was pulling for him, but it was just so bad, ive never seen anything like it.

Thank God. Ive been going to games my whole life and have never seen Dodger fans turn on one of their own. From showing up 25 pounds overweight to criticizing the fans. I was pulling for him, but it was just so bad, ive never seen anything like it.

I think the last time we turned on a player was Delino Deshields. Remember that guy? He would always strike out with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

Rumor has it that Atlanta is expressing interest in resigning Jones. Of course the Dodgers were only able to release him by agreeing to pay his contract over the next six years. What a life.

I think the last time we turned on a player was Delino Deshields. Remember that guy? He would always strike out with runners on 2nd and 3rd.

How can I forget him, we gave up Pedro for him. They turned on Shefield too, but I dont remember it ever being as bad as Andruw.
Im hearing the Marlins might make a run at him too, but he will end up in Atlanta. The guy was spotted at a college game last week with a Braves hat on while he was still on the Dodgers. That just says "No Class" to me.

You think we'll end up with Manny? I don't know what to think about that guy. Of course you put Manny and Boras together and this is what happens.

I just thought I'd bring up the fact that the Royals are currently tied for first place.

I think they are still working on the renovations. They have a couple more months to finish it up!

You think we'll end up with Manny? I don't know what to think about that guy. Of course you put Manny and Boras together and this is what happens.
I just dont see anyone else signing him. It seems like Boras is trying to drive up the market for him when there is no competition. I think it will get done, but Spirng training starts in 3 weeks, so they better hurry.

I just thought I'd bring up the fact that the Royals are currently tied for first place.
I dont think they will be that bad this year. 75-87 last year was still better than the Tigers. Maybe they will hit .500 this year, I think they are heading in the right direction, as opposed to the last 20 years.

It's looking like a Cincy-KC World Series. :alien2:

Spoiler
That is until next month when Spring Training starts.

Hey Gas, you going to check out the new spring training digs in Arizona? I think I'm going to make the trip.

Hey Gas, you going to check out the new spring training digs in Arizona? I think I'm going to make the trip.
Im thinking about it, but March will be a busy month for me. Nothing sounds better than some Spring Training baseball and a couple rounds of golf in the desert. Im sure ill at least catch one game, I wonder if they will sell it out like the Red Sox do.

I don't know if it'll sell out, but those tickets for the Spring Training games aren't cheap.

Hey, there was a story in the Daily Breeze today (not sure where in L.A. you live) about Jason Repko. I've always liked that guy. When I first saw him a few years ago he reminded me of Raul Mondesi. Anyways, it says that he avoided arbitration and signed a deal but he's not happy because he's basically been a minor leaguer for the 11 years he's been with the organization. I think he'll be traded soon.

I don't know if it'll sell out, but those tickets for the Spring Training games aren't cheap.

Hey, there was a story in the Daily Breeze today (not sure where in L.A. you live) about Jason Repko. I've always liked that guy. When I first saw him a few years ago he reminded me of Raul Mondesi. Anyways, it says that he avoided arbitration and signed a deal but he's not happy because he's basically been a minor leaguer for the 11 years he's been with the organization. I think he'll be traded soon.

Be happy you are getting paid to play a kids game. I'd take my annual salary to be out there playing baseball. I might even play for free.

Bunch of cry babies any more.

I read it on another Dodgers page. Im with you, I always liked the guy, hell he was a first round pick. He has speed and power, and I would say one of the best centefield arms out there. But the guy is always hurt because he plays so hard, a lot of people didnt like him too much after he took Furcal out either. Maybe a change would be the best thing for the guy.

Dodgers signed Brad Ausmus to back up Martin for this year at 1 million. I really like this deal as Ausmus is one of the best when it comes to defensive minded catchers. Maybe he can teach Martin not to call 0-2 fastballs down the middle.

And sadly Jeff Kent called it a career today after 17 years. I hated him when he was with the Giants but started to like him when he was with the Astros. I will miss him and grow a mustache in honor of him this year.

I saw he retired. IMHO Jeff Kent and his mustache have not been too solid for a few years. Many "report" that it seems as though it was about the same time that "testing" came into place.

I saw he retired. IMHO Jeff Kent and his mustache have not been too solid for a few years. Many "report" that it seems as though it was about the same time that "testing" came into place.

No way, he was calling for drug tests for years. He dealt with injuries the last three years, but he still managed to hit 75 HRs in his 4 years with the Dodgers. Thats pretty impressive for a aging superstar. Even though he was always an A hole, the guy played the game the right way.

I did not say I thought so Gasman. I think many "experts" spoke about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back