No Hope for Anthony Kim

Harry Longshanks

ILikeBigPutts&ICannotLie
Reaction score
http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1872770,00.html

Kim withdraws from Hope with sore shoulder

LA QUINTA, Calif. (AP) — Anthony Kim withdrew from the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic because of a sore left shoulder, leaving the tournament without a player ranked among the top 15.

Kim won twice last year and was considered an emotional leader in helping the Americans win the Ryder Cup. He spent his last few years of high school in the Palm Springs area and considers the Hope his hometown event.

He opened his season two weeks ago by tying for second in the Mercedes-Benz Championship. While practicing Monday, he felt discomfort in his left shoulder and was advised to take this week off for treatment.

"I had so many friends and family coming to watch,'' Kim said in a statement. ``We don't consider my shoulder to be anything too serious, and I don't expect to miss extended time, but it is important to be cautious with it at this early stage in the season.''

See what I did there? I made a little pun.

Bad title.

Punny. LOL

that gives more hope to other golfers there

All jokes and puns aside, it makes sense for AK to skip the BHC. Despite all the friends and family that had planned to come and watch him play, staying healthy for the majors is more important.

Your title is so mis-leading.

And yet, completely accurate at the same time.

Funny how that works, isn't it? :D

Sometimes I do things just for me.

It's a good title in the sense that it sucked me in to tell me something that was not nearly as major as I thought it would be, sort of like the real news. Love hate relationship.

full plate now for AK... his shoulder and pending legal battle

can't wait until he gets back

full plate now for AK... his shoulder and pending legal battle

can't wait until he gets back

What legal issues does he have? I haven't heard of anything.

Oh and yeah Harry, you got me with the title to this one:D

Here ya go Mo

Hambric Sports Management, which sued budding PGA Tour superstar Anthony Kim last year when he fired Hambric and signed with IMG, has served subpoenas on IMG, Gaylord Sports Management and Kim???s adviser, Sterling Ball. The subpoenas request numerous documents, including, in the case of IMG, all documents, including notes, letters, e-mails and memos, ???which in any way refer or relate to any and all meetings and/or communications, whether written or oral between IMG and any individual that discuss the prospect of IMG representing Kim as a sports agent.??? Gaylord Sports Management and Ball received similar requests, according to the documents, which were issued by a state court in Texas in December.

Back