mngolferguy

Reaction score
Handicap
10-12
I'm coming into Orlando on Sunday night leaving Wed night and have already booked World Woods, Pine barrens 7:30 and Rolling oaks at 1:00 on Monday.
Then down to Orlando area to visit friend Monday night and he can play morning rounds Tues, Wed. Has some card that is getting deals and has booked Tues at 7:30 at Grand Pines and Wed morning at 8am at Hawks Landing.
I'm looking to make decision for afternoon rounds Tues/Wed.
Flight out is 7:45 pm, so need to be to MCO by 6ish.
My thoughts are either Red Tail, Southern Dunes, or Mission Inn. It could be others, so input is welcome.
Really would like to play Streamsong, but the price tag just a bit to high.
Interested in those who are familiar with or have recently played those.
And if want to play along, I'm open to meeting up.
Thanks guys.

The places you named for afternoon rounds will not allow you to make your flight. Look at Championsgate, Shingle creek, eagle creek. Streamsong is worth it since you'll probably never have a chance to play it at these prices. If I was traveling from the north, I'd invest in a day down there.

Contact World Woods before teeing it up there. Just there twice in the last 10 days and both times we were warned that the greens were rolling at a 6. They are not rolling them because of the amount of play they are getting. Still an enjoyable course, but the greens were some of the slowest I had ever played on.

Waldorf Astoria for Tuesday afternoon

If your playing in the morning getting to those other courses and playing before flying out will be tough, your gonna be doing more driving than golfing. If your playing Hawks at 8 you probably wouldn't be able to get to any of those other courses till around 3 then there all about an hour from the airport.

Contact World Woods before teeing it up there. Just there twice in the last 10 days and both times we were warned that the greens were rolling at a 6. They are not rolling them because of the amount of play they are getting. Still an enjoyable course, but the greens were some of the slowest I had ever played on.

WHAT?! that's insane. the only time i've been out there was probably 5-6 years ago and the greens were great. the whole course looked like it had barely been played all year. the only time i've ever played greens that slow was one time a few years ago at victoria hills up in deland. we had a cold snap so they were scared of the greens dying. it was laughable how bad it was.

WHAT?! that's insane. the only time i've been out there was probably 5-6 years ago and the greens were great. the whole course looked like it had barely been played all year. the only time i've ever played greens that slow was one time a few years ago at victoria hills up in deland. we had a cold snap so they were scared of the greens dying. it was laughable how bad it was.

Its true. While I realize that most people on the internet greatly exaggerate the speeds they are putting on, nobody does it with malice, they just dont know. This was told to us for both rounds by the starter, that they were rolling at a 6.

I'm coming into Orlando on Sunday night leaving Wed night and have already booked World Woods, Pine barrens 7:30 and Rolling oaks at 1:00 on Monday.
Then down to Orlando area to visit friend Monday night and he can play morning rounds Tues, Wed. Has some card that is getting deals and has booked Tues at 7:30 at Grand Pines and Wed morning at 8am at Hawks Landing.
I'm looking to make decision for afternoon rounds Tues/Wed.
Flight out is 7:45 pm, so need to be to MCO by 6ish.
My thoughts are either Red Tail, Southern Dunes, or Mission Inn. It could be others, so input is welcome.
Really would like to play Streamsong, but the price tag just a bit to high.
Interested in those who are familiar with or have recently played those.
And if want to play along, I'm open to meeting up.
Thanks guys.

i love red tail. mission inn appears to be in great shape from what the thp guys posted from earlier this year. if you can get on streamsong, more power to you. grande pines and hawks landing are really fun, too, but tend to get a little jammed up. two rounds is a no-go on the day you fly out, but one early-morning round at any of the central florida courses is do-able (obviously not streamsong though).

Holy S...
I thing shag carpeting rolls more than a 6.
I would be bummed as I kinda choose this location to specifically play there. Plus my buddy to visit.
But thanks for the heads up. Will call on it today. There are so many interesting courses in the area, I guess I would think twice.
Did also see the thread about the non THP sponsored event happening up here in May.
I am to learn of my next commercial project that may interfere, but hoping I can join in.
Meetings with General contractor next Friday.
Visit this site often, dont post much, but quite impressed with the community.

I would cancel the WW tee times. You'll walk away very frustrated and feeling like you wasted your money for greens that are slower than your living room carpet. Ugh.

How about Mission Inn and Bella Colina for Monday? Mission Inn has senior specials, 50+ (which I am) for $55.
Bella Colllina afternoon at around $100
Called Streamsong, no rooms available, can get me out on the course on Monday , $225 for Blue at 9:04 and $125 for replay on Red at 2:20.
Would I finish the afternoon round before dark?
$350 for 2 rounds a bit more than the Golfnow hot Deals I often book, but course looks amazing.

Depends what time you played each. When I did 36 there, we started at 8 so done by noon, had time to cool down and eat lunch, then played the next 18 at 1. You'd have plenty of time to finish at this time of year

How about Mission Inn and Bella Colina for Monday? Mission Inn has senior specials, 50+ (which I am) for $55.
Called Streamsong, no rooms available, can get me out on the course on Monday , $225 for Blue at 9:04 and $125 for replay on Red at 2:20.
$350 for 2 rounds a bit more than the Golfnow hot Deals I often book, but course looks amazing.

Yes teeing off at 2:20 finishing shouldn't be a problem, I would ask what they pace of play has been this time of year but the caddies there tend to do a decent job of keeping the pace up.

times sure have changed. i can remember playing out there not that long ago for less than $30! the clubhouse is phenomenal, and the course is actually very pretty too, just very difficult.

for that price at streamsong, i think you have to do it.

There is no way I would pay $100 for Bella Colina. It's a nice course but not a $100 course.

I don't know the logistics of timing for your flight, but I've played a half dozen rounds at Southern Dunes and really liked it. Rented a house along the 17th for a guys trip a few years back. The greens were screaming fast, not sure if that's the norm. Orange County Nat'l was up the road and I've heard good things about it.

times sure have changed. i can remember playing out there not that long ago for less than $30! the clubhouse is phenomenal, and the course is actually very pretty too, just very difficult.

for that price at streamsong, i think you have to do it.

We're still in winter rate season. That won't change for another couple weeks.

I don't know the logistics of timing for your flight, but I've played a half dozen rounds at Southern Dunes and really liked it. Rented a house along the 17th for a guys trip a few years back. The greens were screaming fast, not sure if that's the norm. Orange County Nat'l was up the road and I've heard good things about it.
I love Orange County but there getting so much play right now and for some reason people are afraid if divot tools and the greens are starting to look like a golf ball.

Played RedTail last Sunday. Course was in great shape. The greens were a little slower than normal but still great. One of my favorite places and the staff is great! Recommend as away from the spring breakers as well.

So , just checked weather.
Looks like full day of rain on Monday? Rather not make the drive all the way to Ft myers sunday night for rounds on Monday.
Does anyone have better info?

Back