Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Review

Yes it is. The new insert is certainly, IMO, their best one yet.

Hopefully they don't mess with it too much. I know they won't this year, but in the future.

How well-balanced the #2 center-shafted White Hot Pro lined up and rolled for me is what got me started on center-shafted blades in the first place. Not a big fan of the sound and feel of the insert, though. Just a bit too soft feeling, combined with a sort of muted sound. Just seems a bit too squishy for me.

But the thin topline of the #2 combines with the shaft in a way that makes alignment utterly foolproof.

Hopefully they don't mess with it too much. I know they won't this year, but in the future.

I agree. Maybe if they firmed it just a touch I would be ok, but really this insert and the one in my Versa, are really the best ones I have ever rolled.

Do they make a #5 center shafted model? I know that theyre available in belly and long styles but cant seem to find them anywhere at a standard length

I have not been able to find any standard length C/S Mallets as well. Does anyone know if they are available in this line?

There will be additions to the line in 2014. Can't say what they will be though.

So turns out someone listened and I got a nice 35" #9 for Christmas. So far, I've only had one round on some shaky (at best) greens and a bunch of carpet putting. Seems like it's coming around pretty well. The headshape is so much different than I'm used to, and I catch myself using a more arcing stroke when using this putter. I was dubious about the insert as some of the older white hot stuff has not worked for me too well. Took a stab with this one based on the reviews. So far, I've been pretty happy with the results. Obviously not quite as soft sounding as my Betti, but it's not clicky at all and I haven't had any skidding issues whatsoever, even on a couple longer putts last week. Still really early in, but I've liked what I see so far.

Anyone tried the 2ball blade?? Using the sabertooth now and pondering a change to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've played with the Tour Black version. I liked that thing quite a bit.

Odyssey White Hot Pro Putter Review

Ok so I've played the #9 for three rounds this weekend and it's really coming around. Much different than what I've been using for the last year. Put my SS12 in the bag today and had a noticeable distance control issue. Think it's due to the fact that they're so much different that I take a different stroke with each. Love my Betti but the #9 is going back in the bag tomorrow. Don't know if this will ultimately unseat my Betti but it's been making a good case for itself here lately.

Last edited:
Tracking a WHP #7 on eBay right now.

Rolled my WHP V-Line for the first time in months on Saturday and shot 39 points :D

So after 5 rounds this weekend, 4 with the WHP #9, I'm officially sitting the Betti for the time being to focus on this putter full time. Rolled some really good putts with this thing. Weird part is that I do better without the alignment line. This is definitely more of a 'feel' putter for me. Distance control hasn't been much of an issue either. Overshot a few in my last round but the greens were a bit suspect, so I'm not putting too much thought into it. It was spot on distance wise everywhere else.

How many of you Callaway staffers are going with the tried and true WHP?

I'm not Cally, but I wouldn't hesitate.

And I was a BIG insert naysayer for a LONG time.

I really want to grab a Protype IX #9HT.

WHP insert, check
weight adjustability check
#9HT shape, check

Cant say I am at this point. But I have not made a final decision. I am going to wear out some putters figuring this out though.

Yea, I suspect we won't see a lot, which is fine. Numero Uno would be in play for me.

Yea, I suspect we won't see a lot, which is fine. Numero Uno would be in play for me.

I'd rock it...love it more than any of the milled series I've tried

I agree, I actually wouldn't hesitate.

If I do it will be with a Rossie. Its all about Beating MikeDean for me! I have to have the flat stick in hand that I am confident with.

I love the White Hot Pro line. I wish I still had my #1. I actually went on eBay today to buy one from Callaway Preowned but they raised the price on them by about $30. Must've been on some kind of a Masters sale.

Back