I also have a buddy who loves them. He gave me one a while back to play during a practice round and I was quite impressed. I agree that the characteristics were similar to the prov1x.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a tournament with one yesterday and shot 76. Tough conditions as it was cold (37), windy (15 mph) and wet (2" day before). To top of the these conditions I didn't have my best swing, I'll take a 76 considering all of it.

I like the MG's, I swear they are the old Hogan tour deep and I played that ball for a couple seasons.

Thought the exact same thing. I shred the carp out of them. I don't think they spin as well as a few others and the compression seems a bit wacky throughout a box, but solid for the price. I will say that the e5 costs similar and I prefer it personally.

But if you compare this to say the rbz urethane it might be similar for some.

I'll try the e5, I've really been looking for something less expensive than the 330s and the prov1 that still responds well around the greens. These sound pretty good.

I've tried the E5 earlier in the year and they seemed to balloon on me and on some iron shots they would explode of the face. Pitching wedge might go 130 one time and then the next 155. It was a good feeling golf ball for the money, I think they sell for about $27 here and I know plenty of guys in the 70-72 year old range that play them.

I've tried the E5 earlier in the year and they seemed to balloon on me and on some iron shots they would explode of the face. Pitching wedge might go 130 one time and then the next 155. It was a good feeling golf ball for the money, I think they sell for about $27 here and I know plenty of guys in the 70-72 year old range that play them.

That is a strange one that they balloon on you being that the compression of them is a bit firmer than that of the MG.

Played again this afternoon and shot 74 with the MG. My scores are now 70, 73, 74, 74, 75 and 76 (not in this order)while using the 2014 MG.

Today was chilly as we tee'd off in 45 degree weather with a pretty decent breeze and the sun never came out.

Nice rounds, I liked the ball for sure.

I might have to pick up a dozen...nothing else they have my initials on them and I don't have to mark them.

I might have to pick up a dozen...nothing else they have my initials on them and I don't have to mark them.

Never heard a anyone not like the ball. Of course you know the ball snobs won't play it, they have to hit their Pro v's even if it doesnt fit their game. But if the Pro v doesn't, neither will this one.

I'd say MG probably has $7 or $8 in each dozen of these tops just like Titliest, Taylormade, Bridgestone have in each dozen they produce, MG just doesnt have to pay tour pro's or for all the advertising the big companies have to shell out for. I also would think MG probably works off of a lower profit margin.
These big companies work off of a 10-80-10 plan, 10% cost to make product - 80% to promote product - 10% profit off of sale of product and this isn't counting what the retailer makes off of each dozen.

I really like my Bridgestone, but at this price its worth a try.

I really like my Bridgestone, but at this price its worth a try.

Got a decent day to play this week on a neighboring course as it was 65 degree's. To give you a idea on the MG balls performance one whole is a short 298 yard par 4, I had about a 10-12 foot eagle putt back towards the tee box. The ball left me dead straight and never left the flag.

As I've said in another post, I think this balls falls between the regular pro v and the pro v1x.

Since I've started playing the ball all of my scores have been between 70 and 78, handicap has gone from a 6.4 to 4.2. I know it isn't all ball as I'm making a decent pass at the ball right now and I am chipping better than I have in years.

To me it seems the MG ball spins just as much as the pro v1-x and is also just as long as the pro v1-x.

I wonder who makes them for MG. I would try them if I wasn't so satisfied with the Maxfli U3's I switched to 18 months ago. I definitely like playing a ball that is uncommon - there is no need to mark them and never any confusion from other golfers on mistakenly playing my ball.

at some point I picked one of these up somewhere on the course. I'm just shocked that this ball I'd previously never heard of flies like it does... very long and straight. Feel off the driver was fantastic... this might just be a great golf ball. To me it felt a lot like the lethal I normally play. It really was as long as any golf ball I've hit. I'm considering ordering a dozen to try out. Just thought I'd bump this thread to see if others have had some recent experience with MG

I have played the MG C4 they are just as good as any premium golf ball and I save a lot of money and that equals more rounds of golf. WIN WIN WIN

I have played the MG C4 they are just as good as any premium golf ball

Debatable. Nothing wrong with them and some will love them but there are a huge number of premium golf balls designed for all different players. no single golf ball will cover the gamut.

I'm curious if people found the durability anywhere near that of the new 2014 Bridgestone series or Callaway SR series because in my testing (granted I only had 3 balls), it was not even close.

I love these balls. Have for years, back when they were the Ben Hogan rebadge. I have only used a few of the C4 to this point, but they are my second fav ball to last years srixon z star xv in yellow

I am going to get some of these soon to try out...Where do you play golf in Nashville Minaret? I live about an hour northwest of there.

I am going to get some of these soon to try out...Where do you play golf in Nashville Minaret? I live about an hour northwest of there.

I play mostly at Old Fort in Murfreesboro, but really play all over. I play a lot at Old Natchez CC in Franklin too. I live in Nolensville. You?

Lets keep this thread about the golf balls please.
Thank you.

Do we know who makes these anymore? I think it was pretty much accepted these were Ben Hogan balls before, but are they still? I really can't feel a difference in the C4 from the C3 of a few years ago.

Not a good first impression

Not a good first impression

Never actually heard of this company, but it's intriguing. How is the durability of the cover on these?

Got a dozen on Thursday, played it this AM. On the 6th hole I thought I had a piece of grass on it when I marked it on the green, but looking closer it is either a cut or an actual crack. It's been a LOT of years since I actually cut a ball, so I'm not sure if this cover is very durable or what. I will try it a few rounds this week to see if perhaps I just had a fluke or if this cover is just not very good.

Interesting.
And thanks for sharing.

Back