Play This Hole - Short Par 4

6 iron to the fat part of the fairway, then choke down on my 52* and try and hit a knockdown or something like that just past the front edge of the green to take the back out of play..... Then I'll probably 3 putt

Last edited:
8I to the widest part of the fairway, with a little role that'll leave me under 100. Hit a 52* on to the green and hopefully 2 putt.

Hit a 7-iron to 156, leaving 100 in.

Hit a PW, aiming for the center of the green. If it fades on me, fine - I'll be on the right side.

2-Putt for par and walk away happy.

Exactly this, I'd rather leave myself a full 50* or PW to the green than a chip out of the rough when I miss trying to drive it (or worse yet a second tee shot because I hooked it into the water). On tempting holes like that I always play the safe route now.

Lean into a 19* hybrid...hoping for a baby draw off the right bunker.

Hit a 7-iron to 156, leaving 100 in.

Hit a PW, aiming for the center of the green. If it fades on me, fine - I'll be on the right side.

2-Putt for par and walk away happy.

This. Only caveat it's an 8 for me to get to 100 left. Full gap wedge is about 100 for me.

Hit a 3 wood towards the right side, draw it too much into the water, cuss at myself for being stupid, take my drop and hope to hit a good shot from there.

Depending on where in the round this hole is, I would probably hit driver if I had a good feel for how I was hitting that club. My typical ball flight is a high fade so the water by the green is not necessarily in play and I would likely have a short chip from short right of the green. If my driver was misbehaving, all over the place or if the hole was one of the first few holes, I would opt for a 6 iron short of the bunkers leaving me a wedge into the green.

Driver to the middle of the green ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 iron to approx. to approx. 90-100 yards out. Gap wedge to the green and hopefully 2 putt for a par.

5 iron off the tee leaving approximately 50-60 yards in. Grip the trusty 60 degree and hope to stick it within 10 feet, leaving a make able birdie putt. Walking off this hole with anything less than par is a letdown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Driver toward the left bunker. With my slice I'll end up in the right one. Sand wedge to the green and 2 putt for par.

I'd it a 4 iron about 180 yards and use my 3/4 swing with my 52 degree to the middle of the green.

Hit 5w at left bunker let it fade back. Pitch up and hopefully no more than a 2 putt.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Hybrid over the right bunker. 40 yard pitch at the pin.

A 4 wood aimed at the right front of the green. It would more than likely come up just short leaving a chip to get it close or in.

3w aimed towards right side, and if my baby-draw doesn't kick I, i'll still have left myself on the safer side..

7 iron then A wedge

An iron shot to so that 120-90 remains.

In a tournament, I would hit a seven iron trying to leave a good angle to the flag, I would then either hit my 54* or PW, depending on hole location.

Just a casual round, I am taking three wood and going for the front right of the green and hoping to make a putt/chip for eagle.

Iron off the tee leaving 70 yard pitch shot. Easy wedge to the green. Hopefully birdy but otherwise a tap-in par.

Driver off the tee, I'm a short hitter anyways so I would be lucky to make it to the water. If I caught one I play to a fade so I would still be clear.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

Too Much trouble lurking to try and go for the green...... The trajectory of my 3 wood would probably send a low bullet straight into the drink. I think I would try my best to leave about 60-80 yards on this one. If I was really hitting the ball good, I might consider my 16* hybrid to about 20 yards and see if I could hit a cute little shot up there

3 hybrid takes the bunkers out of play and a nice PW 40-50 out and bump and run it up there. 1 putt for birdie (That's how it works in my mind, execution is a completely different animal).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back