Single digit hdcp
Play more
More consistency
Win #TheEffinKing

Mine is pretty simple. Get healthy and back on the range / course again. If I can be a single digit handicap in time for PGA national, that'd be a nice bonus.

I look at Resolutions as things/actions that are within my power to fix/change with work. Mine are pretty much like everyone else's. Get rid of 3 putts, work on my long irons. Solidify the stronger parts of my game and continue positive movement on my weaknesses. That will, in turn, assist in lowering my handicap. New Years "Wish" (things out of my control) would be to make the Morgan Cup.

Workout those golf muscles harder than ever before. Power, speed and flexibility
Put in the time making an excellent putting stroke
Know my distances
Really focus for every shot

I hope the side effects will be more GIR, less putts, and a lower index

Firstly, let my hand heal and don't swing a club for at least another 6 weeks (ETA Valentines day!...otherwise know as Bertha day)
Once I can start swinging again, my goal for the year is sub 15 handicap, and to join a local club.

Drop my hdcp into the low teens. Should be no problem once I get my putter under control.

-Double my GIR and FIR percentages. So I guess four per round then :alien:
-Divorce my slice. It needs to go. I'll take a small fade over a banana in the woods.
-Continue working on my short game. Been doing a lot of chipping, pitching, hinge and hold, and picked up a few new wedges. I want to model my short game from Lefty. Really helps having a short par three course near by with a great driving range. I still need bunker work, had some embarrassing three strokes this past year.
-Drop my handicap into the 20s. During the latter half of the year I felt my game piece together. I was still a horrid player, but things began to click and my hitting improved.

I'll be honest, if it wasn't for THP, I would have probably quit the game again. The reviews of not only golf clubs, but training aids, helpful tips and tricks from members, and motivation kept me alive in the game. My golf buddy stopped playing and I still wanted to go at it, so I did.

• Reduce my handicap to sub-20.
  • Improve my ball striking (Especially no more chunking pitch/chip shots from 5-10 yards off the green).
  • Relearn to hit my driver so I don't have to carry irons only.

I could list everything else about my game that needs to improve, but nobody's got time to read all of that.

Been thinking a lot about this.

Improve my consistency all around, this will tie into getting in better shape again. I was doing well with this, but let some things bother me that I fell of a bit. Over that now just need to put in the work.
Handicap down to 15 or less.
Get comfortable with side hill and ball below my feet shots. I have not practiced these enough.
Practice more.

All in all pretty happy with 2013. After a lil over a year of playing im averaging around 90 so cant complain too much. Do need to force myself to focus on course management. Its probably my biggest weakness.

After that, I'd say approach shots. Im fine with inside 40 yards, but outside that Im leaving with my self with way too long a first putt (or chip lol)

Really would like to break 80 this year and Im pretty confident I will.

Would really like to get to single digits.

Play more
Work on my short game far more than trying to see how far I can kill my driver
Spend more time on the course and less time on the range

Lose weight to facilitate an improved swing
Range days weekly
Try to develop a consistent swing
Lessons

In that order?

one resolution - get to an 18 handicap or better so I can qualify for the THPMC in 2015. Whatever other steps it takes to make that happen are implicit :D

one resolution - get to an 18 handicap or better so I can qualify for the THPMC in 2015. Whatever other steps it takes to make that happen are implicit :D

You will do this my friend, your close!

Goals:

Continue fighting my baseball past and grooving a truer golf swing.
Get comfortable inside 40 yards.
Meet some of you guys in Indy at the THP event.

My main goal is to play more, I want to try and get out once a week, especially during the summer when I can still go out after work.

Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

1. Have fun playing/practicing
2. Get some lessons (already in-process)
3. Drop index into single digits
4. Reduce Putts per round to < 32
5. Get some distance back after swing changes
6. THP: Play in at least one, and hopefully a couple of THP events. Play multiple non-event rounds with THPers.
7. GCAT: Win 2 local events, place in top 3 of regional event, place in top 10 at national event

EDIT: Really need to hit this goal, and preferably by the end of January... Greatly reduce my existing club inventory.

Last edited:
My 2014 golf goals:

1. Five rounds under 80 from the regular men's tees or farther back. Had two in 2013, and shot exactly 80 in three of my last four rounds.
  2. A score of 78 or better from same tees. (Personal best from whites and blues at my course is 79)
  3. Play more. Should have a couple more months this year than in 2013, so this should be doable. Two rounds a week gets it done.
  4. No rounds with three digits. Succeeded in doing this in 2013 for the first time EVER!
  5. I know I am going to have some 90's. I want to have at least four times as many scores in the 70's and 80's than I have in the 90's.
  6. Shoot even par or better on any nine holes. I shot 36 (+1) once this year, which is my best ever.
  7. Get better with sand play. We have two par 5's with sand by the green that I can go for in two every so often, but wind up in the sand too much to really give it a go. I only had one eagle putt this year and ended up parring the hole. I want an eagle in 2014!
  8. Get down to an 12.0 or better handicap sometime during the year after I get twenty rounds in. That is a 10% drop from where I finished 2013. I went from 18.6 at the end of 2012 to 13.2 at the end of 2013, but 5.4 shots is a bit much to ask for at this point!
  9. More of a dream than a goal, is to finally get a hole-in-one!
That's good to start. I might think of more before my first round of the year.

1. Drop my scoring average about 5-6 shots. Do that and the rest takes care of itself.

Take lessons, hone my swing, play the golf I know that I'm capable of.

Oh, of course, and beat Harry.

1. I'd really like to get into single digits. Sitting around 11 right now.
2. Become more consistent with my long irons off the deck.
3. Make it to 2 THP Invitationals.

1. Become an albatross member
2. Get index down below 15
3. Attend a THP event
4. Play in local golf tournaments
5. Learn to love practice

Figure out how to break 100. If I can manage that consistently I'll start working toward breaking 90.

1. Find consistency in my game
2. Attend 1st THP event
3. MAKE it into the MC
4. Have fun

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Back