Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I could seriously game a set forever and be extremely happy.

Hell, I think I've had 3 different sets haha

I can see that, I've really enjoyed having them back in the bag.

This set is NOT getting away from me this time. :)

I could seriously game a set forever and be extremely happy.

Hell, I think I've had 3 different sets haha

Hehe me too

Just hearing all of the good vibes from all of you guys about these is so encouraging.

JM

Just hearing all of the good vibes from all of you guys about these is so encouraging.

JM

I couldn't agree more. Some ringing endorsements really has me excited to get my hands on these clubs and see what they can do!

I believe that you will love these. I was initially going to get fitting for another club and the day I was going in for my fitting, I remembered that I had not hit the J40s. I went to the fitting early to try and get some swings in on these. I liked them so much that I took them and the other set into the fitting and got fit for both. I waited for two weeks before I made my decision on which clubs to order. During that period, Cookie let me borrow his DPCs and I hit them every day. I just could not believe how great they were for my game. I am extremely happy that I have the DPCs in my bag today.
I couldn't agree more. Some ringing endorsements really has me excited to get my hands on these clubs and see what they can do!

I wa tempted by the x forged but these are just so good to hit. Plus, the nippons seem to fit my swing too. When i get tempted by a new realease I have a round and the temptation goes away.

A good shot with the DPC's can make someone forget about any other iron that may have caught their eye. These clubs rock.

JM

Don't sweat it buddy, I'm not a great ball striker by any means and I played these without issue in 2012 and played some really good golf. While they are not SGI, they offer a solid amount of forgiveness in a beautiful package.

Don't sweat it buddy, I'm not a great ball striker by any means and I played these without issue in 2012 and played some really good golf. While they are not SGI, they offer a solid amount of forgiveness in a beautiful package.
Believe what Cookie says. I fall into the same category and I have had no problem with these.

DcBrad hooked me up with a 4 Hybrid to try, but I will be hitting both of you guys up for a swipe with your stuff at the Adams event for sure. #begger

Believe what Cookie says. I fall into the same category and I have had no problem with these.
This x2.

They are not GI club forgiving, but they aren't muscle back demanding either. I have come to believe that many of us have another another level of ball striking in us that GI clubs never ask us to reach. These ask you to reach it, help you reach it and reward you for doing so.

Had these back in play yesterday with the AeroTech SteelFiber shafts. I must admit, I'm really enjoying having these in the bag right now. No, not every shot was perfect but the misses (both thin and toe) still got me around the green with a chance to still save par.

Such a classic look at address, they really do provide a longer heel to toe look at address than I seemed to remember from when I previously played them.

We had some winds in the 25-30 MPH range so I had the chance to flight down the 6i on a few shots from like 145 and had GIR's in both cases.

For those wanting a classic look, some forgiveness, and some workability - I'm not sure there is a better option on the market right now. I'm pretty damn excited to see what the new line will offer.

No, not every shot was perfect but the misses (both thin and toe) still got me around the green with a chance to still save par.
Have the rest of you guys noticed this too?

Sometimes I think these clubs (and probably other clubs in this domain) challenge conventional wisdom on forgiveness a bit. Yeah, misses don't go as far...but that can mean we are around the green and short of trouble, leaving ourselves a more manageable recovery.

Have the rest of you guys noticed this too?

Sometimes I think these clubs (and probably other clubs in this domain) challenge conventional wisdom on forgiveness a bit. Yeah, misses don't go as far...but that can mean we are around the green and short of trouble, leaving ourselves a more manageable recovery.

Yes I have as well I notice I'm still usually near my target lines on misses just 10 to 15 yards short on my toe misses. But ad cookie said you still have hope of up and down from that close.

My iron ballstriking has returned to a somewhat decent level and having the J40s in the bag is an absolute pleasure. I'm so glad I didn't overreact a few months ago and sell the DPCs in favour of some AP1s or XHots.
The turf interaction of these is the icing on the cake as when I am swinging well these things take a nice wide, shallow divot and you don't feel it happening at all.

I just went to bridgestone's website, and all of their clubs besides their wedges are RIGHT HANDED ONLY!!! What the heck is that crap?

Welcome to THP. Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the Check-In thread if you get some time. As for lefty clubs, it is my understanding that they will be introducing a new line of irons later this year. Perhaps there will be an option for lefties at that time. You may even consider asking them on their live chat. Everyone there is very attentive and knowledgable.

Again, welcome to THP

JM

O.K. so this is a subscribed thread for me :act-up: and i get in here a couple of times a day to see if there is anything new. #Cookie was talking today again about the longer heel - toe look. So i started to wonder how it would compare to my gamer Adams CB3. This is my 5 iron. The verticle measurement isright on the line that is created where the grooves end. The length measurement is about mid face from just where the off-set stops out to the end of the toe. Can anyone do a comparison with their J40 DPC's?

Thanks guys,

JM

J40 5i:

Welcome to THP. Please take a moment to introduce yourself in the Check-In thread if you get some time. As for lefty clubs, it is my understanding that they will be introducing a new line of irons later this year. Perhaps there will be an option for lefties at that time. You may even consider asking them on their live chat. Everyone there is very attentive and knowledgable.

Again, welcome to THP

JM

Thanks, ill be sure to do that. I've actually been reading along here for several weeks since I've been off due to winter break (I'm a teacher). I was just shocked to see that a somewhat major golf company would leave out all lefties, even though we are a smaller part of the golf community.

I had a nice round with these yesterday in some wind. Highlights were 8i and 6i where the ball had its normal high-ish trajectory but penetrated through a dead head wind and landed on the green. (These lead to a birdie and KP that won me money from my best friend. Bonus)

I just went to bridgestone's website, and all of their clubs besides their wedges are RIGHT HANDED ONLY!!! What the heck is that crap?

Go demo the Mizuno MP 54. They are available in left hand and you should get just as much pleasure out of the 54s as you would out of the DPCs.

Thanks to cookie, I got to hit the DPCs with the Aerotech shafts today. My left elbow has been really bothering me since before Christmas, and my steel shaft DPCs were causing some serious pain when I hit the ball. Cookie was gaming the DPCs with these shafts today and let me play irons from his bag. The pain was some much less with the graphite shafts in play. I really enjoyed the feel of the these and the y performed quite well. Cookie was kind enough to swap out sets of clubs with me for a while, to let me see if it helps over a period of time. I will try to game these for a few rounds and see if they continue to impress me and to relieve some of my pain. If so, I may need to invest in some new shafts. Might change a set of shafts. but the DPCs stay in the bag.

Cookie is a good dude.

Glad you liked them afw!!! Such a versatile set of irons.

I have enjoyed them since being introduced to them almost a year ago. These with graphite are a completely different club though. Seem even easier to launch. At least for me today.

Back