The Portillo's Chocolate Cake Shake

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Its divine. First time trying it was heaven. Went back a year later after thinking about it for full 12 months and knew it could not live up to the memory...It was just as good if not better.

ChocCakeShake.jpg

Want. Want. Want. Want.

• Admin
And I will be having one again when the THP Tour Van rolls into Chicago for the Wilson Event.

That restaurant is just the best.

I'm not really a sweets guy, but the shake is top notch.

I want one so bad now! Dang you JB.

I have not had the Portillo's shake but this one is pretty epic as well, Serendipity 3 in Las Vegas.

main_r5_c4_f2.gif

Its divine. First time trying it was heaven. Went back a year later after thinking about it for full 12 months and knew it could not live up to the memory...It was just as good if not better.

ChocCakeShake.jpg

Gawd that looks lip smacking awesome :blob:. I'm working on dropping a few lbs for the King so it would be a nono for this old man :at-wits-end:. I probably couldn't turn one down if it was sitting in front of me so it's a good thing we don't have em in my neck of the woods.

Gawd that looks lip smacking awesome :blob:. I'm working on dropping a few lbs for the King so it would be a nono for this old man :at-wits-end:. I probably couldn't turn one down if it was sitting in front of me so it's a good thing we don't have em in my neck of the woods.

Yeah, but all bets are off once we get there right?? :eat: :D

It's really good. The shake gets a little difficult to manage towards the end because it's just a large piece of chocolate cake. But it's totally worth trying.

The better play is probably to get one at the restaurant so that you can opt for a spoon towards the end.

Yes please, I wonder if they freeze and sell online!!!

Well, I live in Chicago. Have had Portillo's many times. But never had this. Added to the list of must tries!

It's really good. The shake gets a little difficult to manage towards the end because it's just a large piece of chocolate cake. But it's totally worth trying.

The better play is probably to get one at the restaurant so that you can opt for a spoon towards the end.

Pfft. Amateurs...:D

We will put it in a sippy cup for you. Ya big Nancy!

Gotta have a beef too...

Portillos%20Chocolate%20Cake.JPG

With PEPPERS FTW! Drooling right now!

Yes sir. Side of juice for dipping. We make our own at home quite a bit too, but theirs is top notch.

I'm officially starving now.

[low hanging fruit joke about sucking prowess will be avoided here...]

Once again...Showing amateur status.
Take lid off, turn cup upward. Cake and shake go down gullet.
I should be billing you hourly rather than the other way around Clive Esquire.

I think I know where I'm going this weekend.

We have two Portillos now in Arizona so I don't have to pray for Chicago work trips to get Portillos.

As if THPers needed another reason to go for the Wilson Event - this is a really good reason! I need to try this..

You just made me so hungry.

I know where I'm having lunch!

I will be going to see friends in Chicago this summer and we always stop at Portillo's for a hotdog. I chickened out on the shake last time, but not when I go back.

Back