Laid Off And Not Sure What Else

keto

Reaction score
Handicap
First range session of the year. Was getting no distance whatsoever (carrying 7i like 120y), lots of pushes and slices, so asked my son to vid. I can't seem to get the vids into the thread, but the links should work.

Had been working on:
-maintain posture (don't hunch!) and spine angle (don't dive at ball)
-keep rear elbow in contact, not flying
-weight transfer, always weight transfer

Face on

Down the line, I can see I am extremely laid off (I think that's the correct term, club is pointing wayyyy right at the top). Any drills to work on setting hands correctly at the top?

I'm not Freddie, but that grip looks like it's super weak. Your Vs are pointing towards your front shoulder. Look at how open your clubface is at the top.

Thank you for posting you videos. You have a move thru the ball like Kuch. Outside of that we need to make some adjustments.

I'd like to start with your hands. Currently they are behind the ball at address. This not only will cause you to hit some thin shots it will also change the loft of the iron you are swinging. Be sure to get your hands in front of the ball at address.

You legs are very straight at address. This causes you to have too much spine tilt forward. In this position you must keep your spine angle almost still in order to return the club back to address position at impact. Straight legs also impede your ability to fire your hips which helps to generate power. The straight legs are causing your left leg to collapse and your right knee to really move laterally. This type of leg position changes the arc your club travels.

The key is to add some flex to those knees and stand a bit taller in the waist. If you do this and get your hands in front to the ball at address, I think you will see better results in your swing.

Back