Cleveland Golf Wedge Analyzer

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While out in California last week, THP TV had staff member Dean go through a quick wedge fitting to show the new wedge analyzer from Cleveland Golf.

Thats really cool stuff, I wonder if the bounce results would have been different on grass

that was pretty cool!

That's pretty cool. Is all of that information from the device that clips on the wedge, or does it require any other tools to see the swing and all of that stuff.

• Admin
It's a combination of that device and launch monitor at their studio.

Pretty neat stuff. Cool that you can pick your common course conditions, and then the recommended gapping based off your irons is sweet.

That was great! I have to get on one of those eventually.

Man that is pretty cool. I can see a ton of people benefiting from this.

Nice work ddec. I want to try this.

Nice! Do you know if these will be out in the field? There are several demo days getting ready to happen in my area and it'd be great to see this off the grass

The device on the club looks like a Swingbyte. Those provide tons of parametric data and great for this type of fitting software. Where can we go to get fit with this tech?

this device was really cool. We only scratched the surface when it comes to the fitting with it. A good fitting with it would be 10x longer than what we did, but we wanted to just give a brief overview. The program has large variety of irons you can choose from, which is good considering my set is 3 years old. Really something that would be a benefit to all out there to take some time and look at what would work best for them. Oh and next time we make a 90+ minute drive and this is the first thing we do, I'm taking a practice swing before we start:alien:

Thats really cool stuff, I wonder if the bounce results would have been different on grass

I got fit on this system earlier this month - once the analysis is done, you can select different types of turf conditions (hard vs soft) to get bounce profiles tailored to those conditions, but the results are based on how you deliver the club to the ball - so, the bounce suggested would only change if you deliver the club differently when hitting off a mat.

Some really cool stuff right there.

I like this, great info and on demand fitting, very cool!

That was pretty interesting, and I would love to try this and see how my Cleveland Wedges compare.

Consider me jealous. This has been the one thing I feel has lacked in the fittings in my area. REALLY knowing what what I need vs. going off of trial and error (and still not being sure lol). Even if all it gives me is peace of mind...in this game, that's worth it lol.

Side note: Dean what kind of THPer are you? You don't know the loft on your PW?!?!? Geez lol :act-up: All jokes aside, good swing man!

Consider me jealous. This has been the one thing I feel has lacked in the fittings in my area. REALLY knowing what what I need vs. going off of trial and error (and still not being sure lol). Even if all it gives me is peace of mind...in this game, that's worth it lol.

Side note: Dean what kind of THPer are you? You don't know the loft on your PW?!?!? Geez lol :act-up: All jokes aside, good swing man!

He knows well. I asked him to say he didn't, so that the fitter could showcase the software.

He knows well. I asked him to say he didn't, so that the fitter could showcase the software.

behind the scenes, Adam and KP giving me thumbs up when I said I didn't know. First run I knew and everyone was like, well play dumb haha

I'd love to do this. 1 for knowledge and 2 to see how wrong I've been about my wedge setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to pick your brain on this more tomorrow. I can't remember the last time I was this excited to go through a fitting for something. (OK, December, but whatever).

pretty cool video...this tool is pretty awesome.

Nice! Do you know if these will be out in the field? There are several demo days getting ready to happen in my area and it'd be great to see this off the grass

I took a short game clinic two weeks ago put on by Cleveland and the rep had the analyzer out there with him. Mine came in at border line 1 dot 2 dot. Came away with the 2 dot after explaining my normal course conditions to him, tends to be a little moist as it's near the ocean so usually foggy and damp.

Back