David48

Reaction score
Handicap
When I played many years ago, I used a Ping Eye 2+ lob wedge with good success. Now that I'm getting back into the game, what current lob wedge plays similar to the eye 2+? I'm pretty set on all my other clubs, just wanting some input on the LW! Thanks!

I would suggest just going and hitting several different lob wedges until you find something that feels right to you.

The Cleveland RTX 2.0 has 2 versions. One of which has a a bit of cavity back to it, which Ping is known for. This might be somewhat similar.
I agree with evand23mc . Go to teh store and hit a bunch. I really love my Callaway MD 2 Tour Grind for my SW.

When I played many years ago, I used a Ping Eye 2+ lob wedge with good success. Now that I'm getting back into the game, what current lob wedge plays similar to the eye 2+? I'm pretty set on all my other clubs, just wanting some input on the LW! Thanks!

How about a modern version?

Yep, THAT would be the way to go!!
imageprocessor

Why not a Eye 2+?

You might want to skip the lob wedge and just open the face on your sand wedge when a high shot is required. I tried to use a lob wedge last year for most of my chipping and results were mixed. I decided I was better off with lower lofted wedges and left the LW out of the bag!

Your mileage may vary though.

Dave

Back