c Visiting San Antonio May 6 - 13

Jackf

Reaction score
Handicap
I am going to be in San Antonio between May 6 and 13.
We will be staying at the Hyatt Country Hills. I am looking for suggestions on courses to play.
I would also like to play with THPers if possible. I would be able to play Thur, Fri, Mon, Tues.
The weekend is booked with family events.

Doesn't that Hyatt have a pretty good course? I think it may have been a PGA or Champions Tour stop before.

I was down two years ago and had plans to play Barton Creek but it was raining all day and I was sick, so I never got it in. But I have heard great things about it.

The Hyatt Hill Country in SA does have a course, three 9's. It is one of the better courses in the area, although I might be a bit biased because I am a member there. :act-up:

Oaks Blue (71.7/134/3276) is the more difficult out of the three and my personal favorite. Although my skill doesn't lend to how it plays, it forces you to shape shots and play smart golf.

Lakes Blue (71.4/130/3242) is much more open, you can be a little more free with your game and let the big dog hunt. #7 is my fav on this 9, 230yds off the blue to clear the water is an absolute blast to tee up on.

Creeks Blue (71.3/129/3183) is probably the most played out of the three due to it's position to the club house and the shortest. Plays well, not so challenging that you want to pick up and drive on, but has several fairway turns that tempt you to reach on shots.

If you are looking outside of the Hyatt, Cedar Creek is close by. For a muni it is one of the better courses in San Antonio. If you don't mind spending a little more money per round as well as driving a bit, La Cantera's Resort Course is about 30 minutes from your hotel and is where the Valero Open was played until the TPC San Antonio came along. I think #1's tee box is being rebuilt right now, so if that one makes your list call ahead. Outside of San Antonio, The Bandit in New Braunfels is a great place to spend the afternoon.

If you come across any others that you have questions about, let me know and I will get you details.

Thank you LaCantera is the course I was thinking of that hordes the tour.

SaA

I lived there and never played The Quarry; my friends said that was a good course. For great Mexican food, go to Palenque Grill on 1604 and Stone Oak Pkwy. Ask for Roger and tell him Pat and Anita said hello!

I would also like to play with THPers if possible. I would be able to play Thur, Fri, Mon, Tues.

I'll see if I can free up some time to play. Those two weeks I am supposed to be on the road, but if anything changes I would be more than happy to join you.

I'll see if I can free up some time to play. Those two weeks I am supposed to be on the road, but if anything changes I would be more than happy to join you.
would really enjoy it if possible. We can check the possibilities as the time approaches.

Sent from my LG G3

Back