Aerotech Steelfibers i95

vthokies

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a quick question regarding the i95 Steelfibers. I am just starting to play again after two years off due to right elbow injury and rotator cuff problems. I started hitting with my normal steel shafts and I am a little sore after hitting 40-50 balls on the range. Before my injuries I would practice at least 4 days a week and play 3 days but that is not possible right now and I have read a ton on here regarding the steelfibers and I am going to give them a shot. No one in our area carries them so I will not be able to demo. My current 6 iron swing speed via trackman is 84-85 mph and my driver speed is around 104-105 or so.

I've heard that they play stiff to flex. Regarding my 6 iron swing speed should I soft step the Stiff shafts or hard step the Regulars. Any other ideas, hints, etc that can help me?

Thanks

They def play stiff to flex, in my experiences a full flex stiff. I'm normally an S-flex guy but in these R-Flex were PLENTY for me.

Also, welcome to THP, glad you found us and hope you stick around.

I don't have a ton of experience with them but can tell you that I am playing the i95 regulars right now. Driver is 92-94 and 6i is upper 70's.

From what I've heard about the stiff and from how I feel about these I would hard step the regulars. I have a feeling the stiff will just be too much.

Jman,

Thanks. If you dony mind what is your 6 iron swing speed and typical tempo. I'm looking forward to hanging out here.

I have a quick question regarding the i95 Steelfibers. I am just starting to play again after two years off due to right elbow injury and rotator cuff problems. I started hitting with my normal steel shafts and I am a little sore after hitting 40-50 balls on the range. Before my injuries I would practice at least 4 days a week and play 3 days but that is not possible right now and I have read a ton on here regarding the steelfibers and I am going to give them a shot. No one in our area carries them so I will not be able to demo. My current 6 iron swing speed via trackman is 84-85 mph and my driver speed is around 104-105 or so.

I've heard that they play stiff to flex. Regarding my 6 iron swing speed should I soft step the Stiff shafts or hard step the Regulars. Any other ideas, hints, etc that can help me?

Thanks

I gamed these for half a year, they definitely do play stiffer, luckily I went with the regular flex in anticipation of this and loved the shafts.

I gamed these for half a year, they definitely do play stiffer, luckily I went with the regular flex in anticipation of this and loved the shafts.

What did you like, dislike about the shafts? I'm desperate for a shaft to take the vibration out and with the composite shafts and the lighter weight I think these would be great for my game.

Thanks

I highly recommend demoing one as the feel is not for everyone. I have fit several people who found them "dead" feeling. Personally I love them and they helped significantly with my elbow tendonitis.

Yes, the 95s and up play stiff to flex with a very stiff tip. I have almost the same swing speed as you and play the i80s in a stiff soft stepped.

Thanks

What did you like, dislike about the shafts? I'm desperate for a shaft to take the vibration out and with the composite shafts and the lighter weight I think these would be great for my game.

Thanks

These will do that...felt very smooth at impact and I had some really tight dispersions when paired with the j40 dpc. Not as much luck in the Cleveland tt but my brother absolutely hammers them and love them. Gets some serious launch and is pain free.

I highly recommend demoing one as the feel is not for everyone. I have fit several people who found them "dead" feeling. Personally I love them and they helped significantly with my elbow tendonitis.

Yes, the 95s and up play stiff to flex with a very stiff tip. I have almost the same swing speed as you and play the i80s in a stiff soft stepped.

Since your swing speed is very similar would you suggest hard stepping a regular or soft stepping a stiff. If they are dead feeling I could care less as long as it helps alleviate serious pain.

Depends on your transition - fast, I would maybe soft step the stiffs but normal to slow, I might even consider the R flex straight in. Honestly, they are very tight. When Brandt Snedecker started with Steefibers, he played the 95s in a stiff - I think he is in the 110s now.

Since your swing speed is very similar would you suggest hard stepping a regular or soft stepping a stiff. If they are dead feeling I could care less as long as it helps alleviate serious pain.

Hey there Hokie welcome aboard. Don't know if you are still in VA but if you are anywhere near metro DC, the new Club Champion Fitting Studio just opened in Rockville, MD and I know they have Aerotechs to try. Also Golfdom in Tyson's Corner has the UST Recoil graphite shafts for sure and may still have aerotechs also.

Depends on your transition - fast, I would maybe soft step the stiffs but normal to slow, I might even consider the R flex straight in. Honestly, they are very tight. When Brandt Snedecker started with Steefibers, he played the 95s in a stiff - I think he is in the 110s now.

Thanks bellairemi. I have a pretty quick transition. Trying to slow it down a little but my tendency is to get a little to quick. I spoke with TJ with Aerotech today and he pretty much said the soft step stiff or the hard step regular will play pretty similar. I just want to make sure that I pay once and not multiple times if that makes sense.

Thanks bellairemi. I have a pretty quick transition. Trying to slow it down a little but my tendency is to get a little to quick. I spoke with TJ with Aerotech today and he pretty much said the soft step stiff or the hard step regular will play pretty similar. I just want to make sure that I pay once and not multiple times if that makes sense.

I have the i80 stiff in my J40 CB's and they dampen vibration very well. Not sure where you live, but mine were done by The Club Fix in CA. They are opening a store in New York this month and have others around the country. They may even be able to help you over the phone. Check out their web site for contact info. They really did well for me.

I gamed the i95's for a half a year (cookie has mine now), they definalty play a full flex stiff...I play stiff in everything else but play these in regular.. They are very smooth with excellent dispersion. Put it this way, the tour pros that are playing them are only playing stiff flex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aerotech shafts

Aerotech shafts

I don't have a ton of experience with them but can tell you that I am playing the i95 regulars right now. Driver is 92-94 and 6i is upper 70's.

From what I've heard about the stiff and from how I feel about these I would hard step the regulars. I have a feeling the stiff will just be too much.

So I was wondering I'm putting the aerotech i95 reg cw .355 in my bridgestone j40s. Was wondering if I don't add weight to them what the swing weight would be just straight in?

So I was wondering I'm putting the aerotech i95 reg cw .355 in my bridgestone j40s. Was wondering if I don't add weight to them what the swing weight would be just straight in?

Not exactly sure what yours would be, but I put i80 cw's (85 gr) stiff in my Bridgestone J40 CB's and they went from D1 to C8.

Last edited:
Not to thread jack... but ... I was thinking of putting the I95s in a set of Bridgestone DFC's. Can anyone compare them to the Matrix Program 95s? Thanks!

General rule of thumb is that 1 SW point will be dropped for each 9 grams the shaft weight is decreased.

Iron shafts

Iron shafts

I gamed the i95's for a half a year (cookie has mine now), they definalty play a full flex stiff...I play stiff in everything else but play these in regular.. They are very smooth with excellent dispersion. Put it this way, the tour pros that are playing them are only playing stiff flex.

So I see you played both i95 regular and Stiff. I'm looking at this shaft to put in my j40 cavity backs. I'm use to project x 5.5 which is a 125 gram shaft. What would you recommend? I'm also use to D-1 swing weight.

Back