LOL GG.

It was the buns!

It was the buns! Damn those sandpaper whole grain pieces of crap.

Well at least I can say with out a doubt I'm a sinner now! Lol. Lee is a huge fan of sauerkraut and mustard too...

I knew I liked her. ; )

Say what?!? Hell has officially frozen over. Haha

I am pretty simple when it comes to hot dogs. Catsup and mustard. I'll eat the occasional chili/chili-cheese dog but if I go to a restaurant, hot dogs usually aren't on my radar.

I put ketchup on a ton of things, but NOT on a hot dog, yuck!

I love them, but try to stay away from them for health reasons. I like them on a fresh hot dog bun and with just ketchup on top. Not a huge preference between microwaved, grilled, or boiled, but if they are grilled I don't like them charred.

Yea, I went through a period of probably 15 years without a hotdog, but now with young children, I might eat one a week now... PB&J also making a strong comeback. Not the worst side effects of having kids!

I love them, but try to stay away from them for health reasons. I like them on a fresh hot dog bun and with just ketchup on top. Not a huge preference between microwaved, grilled, or boiled, but if they are grilled I don't like them charred.

You have no credibility in the hot dog department haha. Your first mistake was the ketchup, then you said no char? The more charred the better.

I said I put Catsup not ketchup.  haha

Oh well in that case :sick:

Of course I'm partial to the Chicago dogs, but I do think the deep-fried dog are damn tasty. :D

You have no credibility in the hot dog department haha. Your first mistake was the ketchup, then you said no char? The more charred the better.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. My mother-in-law basically likes her hot dogs a few seconds from full cremation, so I put hers over a high burner and let it sit for about 20 minutes then serve it to her. I don't think she actually has taste buds if she can stomach that, but I aim to please.

I'm surprised that ATLGolfer hasn't chimed in about The Varsity in Atlanta. Their dogs are famous....er..perhaps infamous. You have to be careful how you order there, however. If you just say "hot dog", you get one with chili and mustard. If you really wanted one with just mustard, that's a "yellow dog", "red dog" is one with ketsup, "naked dog" is plain. My favorite order there is a "Heavy Weight" with cheese & onions, "Ring One", and a "P.C.". Translated, a "Heavy Weight" is a Hot Dog with extra chili, "Ring One" is an order of onion rings, and "P.C." is a plain chocolate milk with ice. Now that's good eating!

A bun and mustard suits me fine, but could eat these until I burst:
thumb-coneys.jpg

Interesting topic, when I worked at the golf course (Muni) basically all we had was the dog roller, and a few pre-packaged sandwiches along with all the other pop and beer. My boss didn't mind if we had a hot dog or polish sausage from time to time, cause after so long of sitting we would have to toss them anyway. So, because of this, I ate my fare share of hot dogs while I worked there.
So, do I like hot dogs, yes. Do I eat them as much as I use to? No, and I blame my two years at that course! ha ha

With that said, I do like the Chicago dog from Sonic, and you can't go wrong with having a hot dog and a beer at a baseball game.

e5u4uqeh.jpg

The effects of reading this thread before going to lunch yesterday.

Wishing everyone an awesome 2014!!

I am back on he hot dog band wagon after a 3 year hiatus due to that horrible idea we had for me to try and eat 5 on THP radio. Now i'm obsessed with Chicago dogs, they are amazing. Otherwise I like spicy mustard and sauerkraut. IMO ketchup on a hotdog is a sin.

That was so fun! (For us!)

A bun and mustard suits me fine, but could eat these until I burst:
thumb-coneys.jpg

There is not near enough chili on those. Way too small of a plate!

Don't love them but I like them a lot. I love Brats.
Fav is chili cheese and onions dog

Mmm! Mustard, onions, and kraut!!!! On a Nathan's or Hebrew National, Mmm, great stuff!!!

Going to be a new concept restaurant opening this spring in Citywalk at Universal in Orlando. Will be called "Hot Dog Hall of Fame" and will feature the best dogs from ballparks across America. Dodger Dog, Wrigley Dog, Yankees Dog, Mariner Dog, KC Dog and more. You'll of course be able to order your own dog and customize it too.

Ok, a few Albertson's around DFW carry them. I'm on a mission today!

Do not get their Grilly Snappers. Make sure they are the regular hot dogs. Incredible.

Do not get their Grilly Snappers. Make sure they are the regular hot dogs. Incredible.
Are these natural casing dogs?

Freddie can probably back me up on this, Hot Dog Heaven in Orlando. Best place to get an authentic Chicago style hot dog in Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back