Good golfer, maybe. Unfortunately I am not a fan of intolerance and his religious views and I don't separate the two.

I always liked watching Bubba play. it helped that he is also a disc golfer (like myself). That said, I had no idea about his intolerance until now as I abhor the majority of social media. Bubba Watson fandom expired.

I follow him on twitter and find him to be entertaining. He does a lot of #bubbatalk and gives away loads of stuff every week or so. Also he's MUCH less religiously outgoing then many many others.

Everytime I see religious outings I just think of this:
Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one and it's fine to be proud of it, but please don't whip it out in public and start waving it around... and PLEASE don't try to shove it down [my child's] throat.

I use to be a big Bubba fan, but the over the top religious views paired with his on the course tantrums, and his seemingly lack of interest in his fans, turned me off.

I don't think he is any where near JD. All of Daly's crap took place away from the course because of addictions. Bubba believes is God, family and his social media account. But arses out on the course. He needs to goosefaba

I was a huge Bubba fan until that issue where he blamed his caddy for his own bad shot. I still like him, but he's definitely not my favorite on tour anymore.

My wife and I are big fans of Bubba. While his antics on the course can be a bit annoying at times...
He has used is fame to promote adoption through his son Caleb and to speak the word of Christianity to a lot of guys on tour (many of which are top players but you aren't picking on them). I like the fact that he is himself in all situations and shows what grace is all about.

KG

Just Tapping Away

Used to really like Bubba, now, he's got a big clown factor to him for me. Off course is fine and dandy, but when you act like a fool on course and on camera, I'm over it.

I enjoy watching Bubba, and I love his wild swing. I don't have anything against him, but he's just not one of the guys I root for.

His antics on course at TPC last year made me view him as kind of a jerk. 4 straight holes on the back 9 you could hear him talking to his caddy, complaining about the spectators. One hole in particular, he over shot the green so the gallery had to be moved back. He was going to put the ball and when he addressed the ball, he stopped and mumbled 'f**King Cameras' and literally eyeballed the crowed. No one had a camera out. Was just poor form IMO.

Where's Elkington at?

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Tapatalk

You know there is a lot to consider when we chose to play judge and jury to those who are of celebrity status. (yes, celebrity status also means sports figures)

Fans have a way of expecting those of such status to only act in a way that is consistent with that fans ideas. Anything outside of that and it can feel like a let down and/or outright outrageous for those fans. That can be very unfair when you think about it.

I do believe that when people gain celebritiness (if that's a word) they also should conduct themselves in good ethical, responsible, and respectable behavior. This imo is simply part of the responsibility that comes with such status even if they never asked for it. Reason being is that once such status is gained they must realize that they will play a role model for many and also be on the radar for all.

While I do believe that I also feel at the same time that this can be very unfair especially if it was never asked for but it is what it is. The part that bothers me though is that when we (as fans who play judge and jury) place such demands on our celebrities we must first ask ourselves, who we are? ,what are our skeletons? , How certain are we of how well we would handle it if it happened to us? Are we really deserving of playing judge? And most importantly, are our lives so in tact and sound that we can spend our efforts criticizing and judging them vs spending it taking care of ourselves?

Living in a world where every move you make is open for criticism must be extremely difficult. Its also down right sucks that your personal life is invaded and gone over with a microscope. That part is very wrong for the general public to do imo and is where far too much of the line is crossed.

So I go both ways with this. They need to be responsible in their actions and should but fans also need to be responsible with playing judge and jury and in many cases simply put need to get a life of their own to concern themselves with.

Just pondering if Bubba Watson The modern day John daly , the have alot of parallels, minus the drinking

I say no, until I see Bubba take a shot of whiskey, then hit a 350+ yard drive while shirtless and smoking a cigarette.

Apparently Bubba's caddie is renting out my dad's place for the Humana. I wish there was a way I could take advantage of this, but I have no idea how. I'm only a mild Bubba fan anyways.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know there is a lot to consider when we chose to play judge and jury to those who are of celebrity status. (yes, celebrity status also means sports figures)

Fans have a way of expecting those of such status to only act in a way that is consistent with that fans ideas. Anything outside of that and it can feel like a let down and/or outright outrageous for those fans. That can be very unfair when you think about it.

I do believe that when people gain celebritiness (if that's a word) they also should conduct themselves in good ethical, responsible, and respectable behavior. This imo is simply part of the responsibility that comes with such status even if they never asked for it. Reason being is that once such status is gained they must realize that they will play a role model for many and also be on the radar for all.

While I do believe that I also feel at the same time that this can be very unfair especially if it was never asked for but it is what it is. The part that bothers me though is that when we (as fans who play judge and jury) place such demands on our celebrities we must first ask ourselves, who we are? ,what are our skeletons? , How certain are we of how well we would handle it if it happened to us? Are we really deserving of playing judge? And most importantly, are our lives so in tact and sound that we can spend our efforts criticizing and judging them vs spending it taking care of ourselves?

Living in a world where every move you make is open for criticism must be extremely difficult. Its also down right sucks that your personal life is invaded and gone over with a microscope. That part is very wrong for the general public to do imo and is where far too much of the line is crossed.

So I go both ways with this. They need to be responsible in their actions and should but fans also need to be responsible with playing judge and jury and in many cases simply put need to get a life of their own to concern themselves with.

What you're saying makes a lot of sense. But, in this case it's not just a matter of behaving a different way from how the fan behaves. It's a matter of bigotry and that should never be tolerated. I personally don't care much about what celebrities do or say, I never have. But, I do care when someone (regardless of celebrity status) publicly espouses and supports what amounts to unwarranted and prejudicial hatred against any entire community of real people. If it was Joe Blow standing in front of me I'd give him a piece of my mind. It's not, it's a celebrity who I will never meet... so my only recourse is to just stop giving him any support. It will not matter one way or another to him and I'm fine with that. But the fact is that celebrity status means your words reach farther. And if nobody says "hey, that crap won't stand" just because he's unfairly held to a higher standard... then those far-reaching words will have their far-reaching impact without resistance.

I'm a straight man but I'm a proud supporter of the gay community and *every* person's right to do what makes them happy, assuming it's not hurting anyone else. If I preferred Snickers bars to Twix (I do, actually), but someone decides that Snickers violate some imaginary law that he wants to impose on people who have nothing to do with him, then starts telling the world that I'm a terrible person and will spend eternity in suffering and pain because of my candy bars... I'd expect people to stand up for me and Snickers lovers everywhere and tell that idiot to sit down, shut up, and quit being such a ridiculous ****.

Last edited:
I like watching Bubba because you never now we what is going to happen. Bubba is common man on tour, with a bunch of very privileged guys. Bubba made himself into this golfer.

Bubba is is not a robot and his personality. The PGA needs more guys like that on tour. Bubba on the course antics are fine. I hear no one complaining about Tiger throwing clubs and cursing like a truck driver on the course. That is really good example for kids at the events. Just like a fan when you buy a ticket you have the right to say anything you want about a player, why can't an athlete say anything about the crowd.

Actually, people have been complaining about Tiger's on course tantrums for years, The Masters 2012 is the most recent that I can recall. He's been called out in print and on TV for his outbursts, and fined for spitting on a green. Saying no one complains about him is definitely a stretch.

As far as Bubba... I can't say I'm a fan.

Bubba Watson

I like watching Bubba because you never now we what is going to happen. Bubba is common man on tour, with a bunch of very privileged guys. Bubba made himself into this golfer.

A lot of common men tweet out pictures of their $500k watches and cars from 70s TV shows.

I can't get over John Daly's clothing, it's just terrible! At least Bubba has taste in his clothing but I can't stand how he buttons the top bottom on his polos. Nobody does that!

I have mixed feelings towards Bubba. Love watching him when his game is on and he's having fun, he can hit shots that nobody else can. On the other hand, the miserable bitchy Bubba that blames everything else when it all goes wrong is a real drag. I think of he had a more positive attitude when things weren't going his way he'd have a lot more fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of common men tweet out pictures of their $500k watches and cars from 70s TV shows.

Yes he does but he worked hard and earned it. He didn't have the country club life like most tour pros. If you got why not flaunt it. I like Bubba but I can do without all the religious stuff

Backing out of this one.

Ping golf had a photo shoot and put it out there to ask questions to Hunter, Bubba, Lee and Billy.

I asked:

I never thought in a million years I would hear Bubba say Icey, how cool!

He's playing well out there but damn he's annoying to watch, he was getting on his caddie about something earlier and it just rubs me the wrong way.

Back