Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Congrats to everyone who got in, I know y'all will have a blast.

I sure hate you didn't get in. You hit the send button dead on the mark as we were working as a team to make sure it was sent on time. :confused2: Maybe being out in the country the signal was low causing it not to send properly. Anyways you tried hard good buddy :thumb:

Dawgdaddy make sure to get on the waiting list...something tells me this is expanding

Let me say something here to all you first timers. When we get other for an invite we have so much fun. We laugh at each other, with each other and just have a good time. We are representing THP where ever we go so we act as such but please don't stress over what you'll shot. Come to meet some wicked cool people, play some stellar golf course and go home better for it.

Trust me, the Monday after this outing you will all have a much greater appreciation for THP and the people behind the post you see. That being said, there are prizes to be one but the teams are more than fair, as have been. Can wait to meet all that I don't know and yuck it up with those I do.

Sorry you didn't get in DD. Hopefully a few extra spots will open up for you and those who didn't get in.

Freddie, remind me to give you a bear hug man!

This is just going to be plain old fun. The "unofficial" Gauntlet was so much fun getting to meet so many new THP'ers and playing some fun golf. This being my first "official" THP event is going to be just as much fun. Some I have met before, some will be new. But the best part will be just laughing and having fun with my friends. Can wait to see everyone in a couple of months.

Just realized that you didn't get in, Randy. I hope you get in on the wait list. It will be great to see you down in HHI.

Isa said to give you a hug. So here is your <huuuuuuuuuuugggggg>

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have faith waiting list warriors!

For some reason I thing old deuce might be a ringer :D

Congrats on those that got in and especially you newbies are going to leave the invitational with your jaws dropped like a coon hound on a Saturday night treeing :blob:

It is my hope that come "game day" I shoot under triple digits, but if I do so ... if I haven't done it before March 15th ... it'll be the first time!

Reading the forum, I have to admit that I am a bit intimidated, but like I do every time I play a round, I tell myself "You started in July. Relax. It's all for fun." I can't wait to meet everyone, and I am looking forward to playing in my first tournament.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is my hope that come "game day" I shoot under triple digits, but if I do so ... if I haven't done it before March 15th ... it'll be the first time!

Reading the forum, I have to admit that I am a bit intimidated, but like I do every time I play a round, I tell myself "You started in July. Relax. It's all for fun." I can't wait to meet everyone, and I am looking forward to playing in my first tournament.

How you play, really doesn't matter. You'll do fine.
I myself am a high handicapper, and you won't be treated any differently than anyone else. Embrace the event, the camaraderie, and just have fun!

It truly is as easy as that!
I look forward to meeting you!

Never worry about what you shoot at a THP event. Keep that thought of being relaxed and having fun and you will do just that. Looking forward to meeting you dude.

The course is awesome and responded quickly to my tweet!

@PalmettoDunesSC: @GolfinFF Welcome to @PalmettoDunesSC! Let us know if you'd like to do any other activities besides #golf.

Hey deuce don't be intimidated buddy :nono:. The goal is to have fun! Maybe at ya next outing you can kick some arse. You're gonna have more fun than a raccoon in a trashcan raid :thumb:

We are there to have fun. And its kind of hard not to with this group. Get ready for the funnest weekend of golf in your life. The score doesn't really matter. The friendships made are what count.

Several people will respond to this, and the message will be the same.

Do not worry about how well you play at a THP event. That's not the point. The point is having fun, and you will have fun while you're there. It's an experience unlike most other. People who have never met in person before are longtime friends within minutes of teeing it up, hanging out at the range, or sharing a cool beverage afterwards. You'll see.

One thing is guaranteed, though. No one will care what you shoot.

To each and everyone of the First Timers. Make every effort to meet everyone at the event. It pretty normal to feel overwhelmed or intimidated but, I promise you that it will make the experience that much better.

No reason to be intimidated. I wouldn't think of this so much as a tournament. It's just a group of friends or people who will shortly be friends getting together to play. It'll be fun.

Finally got home and got some some time to go through everything. For some reason the email wasnt showing on my phone earlier so I thought I had not got in but low and behold checked it at home and had that all glorious message from golfergal. Needless to say my mood greatly improved reading that. I am really looking forward to playing with all you guys and seeing first hand the type of quality event that THP puts together. Im gonna be practicing hard from here to March especially on water carries since the course will require several of them. Again thanks to THP making events like these available to us regular golfers.

Still hoping the waiting list comes through. Looking forward to a road trip with the Ohio Crew. In the meantime I'm going to sit back and wait patiently!

No reason to be intimidated. I wouldn't think of this so much as a tournament. It's just a group of friends or people who will shortly be friends getting together to play. It'll be fun.

Exactly. You will have tons of fun no matter what. Scores are the last thing on the mind when your at a THP event

Finally got home and got some some time to go through everything. For some reason the email wasnt showing on my phone earlier so I thought I had not got in but low and behold checked it at home and had that all glorious message from golfergal. Needless to say my mood greatly improved reading that. I am really looking forward to playing with all you guys and seeing first hand the type of quality event that THP puts together. Im gonna be practicing hard from here to March especially on water carries since the course will require several of them. Again thanks to THP making events like these available to us regular golfers.

Looking forward to meeting you dude

Deuce,

I'll gladly take you as a partner. Its all about having fun as fellow golfers and THPers. Skill level doesn't matter. I can guarantee you will have a good time! Can't wait to meet you!

Back