Similar to Aldila Tour Green?

Dr RosenRosen

Reaction score
Handicap
I love the Aldila Tour Green 65 shaft (stiff). If I had to play a different driver shaft, or if I just wanted options, is there a driver shaft you found feels similar with similar ball flight characteristics?

I have tried researching shafts on golf works and other sites but started to get overwhelmed with all the numbers. Plus, feel is very subjective.

Thought I would consult the experts...

Here are the Tour Green 65 Specs:

67g; 3.9 Torque; Mid-High Bend Point

Low spin and low launch.

'ahina, Whiteboard and Black tie immediately come to mind.

I've always thought the 'Ahina felt slightly boardy. It is also, generally, heavier I think.

Low spin and low launch.

I don't think the Tour Green is quite low/low, but I agree D+ whiteboard would be a good place to look.

I don't think the Tour Green is quite low/low, but I agree D+ whiteboard would be a good place to look.

Not the lowest Aldila has to offer, but definitely on the low side of the spectrum for both spin and launch.

2014AldlaFilttingGuideForWebsite.jpg

Low spin and low launch.

I haven't played the 'ahina, but I have the Whiteboard, Black Tie, and the Tour Green. Of those 3 shafts I think the Whiteboard and Tour Green are more similar. The Whiteboard I have is a few grams heavier than the Tour Green, but neither of those feel as stout as the Black Tie.

I haven't played the 'ahina, but I have the Whiteboard, Black Tie, and the Tour Green. Of those 3 shafts I think the Whiteboard and Tour Green are more similar. The Whiteboard I have is a few grams heavier than the Tour Green, but neither of those feel as stout as the Black Tie.

Agreed. I gamed the whiteboard all last year, and hit the D+ side by side with the Tour Green at the ECPC. The Whiteboard is probably the closest you are going to get to the Tour Green

JLukes,

Thanks for the info and the chart. I remember when I was getting fit, the fitter couldn't figure out why I was getting more spin and higher launch with the Tour Green than the Phenom. I believe he was looking at the same chart.

The Aldila green's profile is somewhat unique. It's butt stiff, gets progressively softer, but than actually stiffens up at the mid-tip section and softens at the tip.

Similar profile shafts I know of would be the Motore Speeder VC .2 series, and Matrix Black Tie.

tour green in my r15 3 and 5 wood is PURE GRAVY!!!!!!

sorry dont know if that helps!!! hahahah

I love the Aldila Tour Green 65 shaft (stiff). If I had to play a different driver shaft, or if I just wanted options, is there a driver shaft you found feels similar with similar ball flight characteristics?

I have tried researching shafts on golf works and other sites but started to get overwhelmed with all the numbers. Plus, feel is very subjective.

Thought I would consult the experts...

Here are the Tour Green 65 Specs:

67g; 3.9 Torque; Mid-High Bend Point
You can look into the tour green 3.5 torque version. I have the 3.9 in my driver and 3.5 in my 2 wood. I would say they are about as close as you can get to a similar flight profile.

Back