Fast Food Restaurant Chain Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
There are tons of them now. Let's stick to chains in this thread. What is your favorite and why? What do you order?

Unfortunately, i love fast food. If I can only choose 1, it's got to be McDonald's.

I am a big fan of Wendy's and Taco Bell. I'll get some chipotle every now and again as well.

Wendy's had a great value menu and Taco Bell has some of my favorite foods to eat after a night out. Chipotle is just delicious.

Whataburger. Their all-time favorites menu is awesome. I go for the patty melt or the A1 burger most of the time. Don't eat fast food real often, but if I do, it is usually there.

As always, Sonic. I know many don't care for it, but its real food and I can get it the way I want it. Right now a chili chz burger and chili chz fries with onions, ketchup, mustard and jalapeno's sound killer. Might even go grilled onions on the burger.

Steak and Shake
I'll have a double bacon cheeseburger with a large cheese fry please.

I personally only like McD's and Chipotle as far as national chains. The rest are okay, and I do get hit with Taco Bell cravings time to time.

As far as regional, I love Portillo's and Potbelly's out of IL. I love the all the CA burger chains too - Whataburger, In 'N Out, etc.

I'm a fan of many fast foods unfortunately. If I had to pick one, it'd be Wendy's. Chicken nuggets to die for, Jr bacon cheeseburger is awesome, and you always have fries and a frosty. Tacobell is a close second and mcdonalds/kfc right behind there.

Chipotle hands down. Always a burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, mild tomato salsa, cheese, and guac. I'll rotate meats and add in sour cream and hot salsa depending on the level of my hangover.

I like Five Guys Burgers as well, but have found a local hole-in-the wall that does them better for 1/2 the price.

I personally only like McD's and Chipotle as far as national chains. The rest are okay, and I do get hit with Taco Bell cravings time to time.

As far as regional, I love Portillo's and Potbelly's out of IL. I love the all the CA burger chains too - Whataburger, In 'N Out, etc.

Ever check out Buona in IL? Solid for fast food. Very solid.

I do not eat a lot of fast food. Chick-Fil-a is the occasional exception. I've also been known to hit a Dunkin' Doughnuts for breakfast.

Ever check out Buona in IL? Solid for fast food. Very solid.
I have and you're right, as far as fast food goes it is solid. Far better than the Al's Chains that have been popping up around the area. There is only one true Al's #1 Beef and that's on Taylor St folks.

Sheetz reigns supreme for me.

I don't eat fast food often but when I do, it's almost always Flamethrower burger from Dairy Queen. There's one location near me that makes it particularly tasty somehow.

Chipotle, McDonald's, Jack in the Box. Hardees/Carls Jr. for breakfast (biscuits and gravy!). Papa John's for pizza.

As always, Sonic. I know many don't care for it, but its real food and I can get it the way I want it. Right now a chili chz burger and chili chz fries with onions, ketchup, mustard and jalapeno's sound killer. Might even go grilled onions on the burger.
Sonic, hand's down!

Best onion rings out there. Made fresh daily! (I used to be the onion ring guy, hahaha)

Chik Fil A here in Kansas City, if I am back in Texas it is Whataburger no question

I like sonic.. hate their fries though. I usually get a #1 (sonic cheeseburger) with tater tots and a mt dew (their dark soda's are usually flat, haha..)

Breakfast - Anita's breakfast burrito. I can make it to the tee except there chili sauce, bummer
Chicken - Chik-fil-a
Taco's - taco bell and chipotle for there burritos and burrito bowls.
Burger - Fosters or Five guys
Fries - Checkers or Chik-fil-a or 5 guys if I am eating there.
Pizza - Pappa Johns

McD's is ruined for me ever since I worked there in high school. Of the really big chains, Wendys; Arbys (good sandwiches, horrible shakes); kids like Taco Bell (more than I do); Chipotle is great taste-wise, but too expensive for my taste - and it's not fast (usually a big wait line).

Columbus has a place called Raising Cane's
logo_raising_cane.png

which is awesome! Chick-fil-a is pretty good too, but Raising Cane's is better IMO.

Raising Canes is pretty darn good. Not Chick-Fil-A, but still pretty darn good. :D

McD's is ruined for me ever since I worked there in high school. Of the really big chains, Wendys; Arbys (good sandwiches, horrible shakes); kids like Taco Bell (more than I do); Chipotle is great taste-wise, but too expensive for my taste - and it's not fast (usually a big wait line).

Columbus has a place called Raising Cane's
logo_raising_cane.png

which is awesome! Chick-fil-a is pretty good too, but Raising Cane's is better IMO.

Chipotle can have a long line, but it seems to go pretty fast.

Fast Food Restaurant Chain Thread

Sonic, hand's down!

I'm not sure I could classify our Sonic as fast food. I could be the only car there and it would take at least 20 minutes to get our food out. It is good though.

1. Chipotle because the food is fresh and it has a unique flavor, really enjoy eating there. Steak burrito bowl
2. ChicFila great shakes, spicy chicken sandwich and awesome fries. I also like their coleslaw. Spicy chicken Sammie, fries and slaw.
3. Wendy's burgers and fries and just good and I don't fee nasty after eating. #2 biggie sized. (Double with everything, fries and diet coke)
4. Arby's, super roast beef sandwich and special sauce
5. Dairy Queen, big snicker blizzard fan, good chicken fingers and fries.

Back