Here is a video of my ugly swing What do you suggest Freddie?

Jackal

Reaction score
Handicap
Well, I finally got a few minutes to make a quick video between the rains today.

Still wearing my work clothes, so I'm not too sporty looking.

The swing looks awful to me.

Freddie, what do I need to start on first?

To me, I look humpbacked and too upright.

My swing also appears on an upright plane.

After my shoulder injury, I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Thanks,
Jack

What are looking to get out of your swing? If we make a swing change, what is your goal. How long have you been playing?

Trying to get a little more consistent. Most of the time I'm straight to draw shape. Usually my bad shots are severe hook. I want to get consistent with my driver and long irons/woods, so that I can work on the short game.

I started playing in 1995. I''l play 2 or 3 years and quit for 2 years. My start-up this year, is after quitting for around 18-20 months.

Every time I quit and come back, repeatability is lost, and flexibility, too.

If I quit again, I don't think I'll be able to start back.

What do you suggest for repeatability. Changes in stance, back angle, etc??????

The drive in the video was a good long hit for me with driver. Slight draw. I'm guessing it carried 250, according to my range finder .

Thanks for your help,

Jack

I'll try to get a front view video today.

Jack

Here is a front view video:

Jack

That video down the line, is a different one than I thought. In this one the ball went out to the left, but not curved.

These are the kind of inconsistencies, I run into.

Jack

Jack thanks for the video, You are big boy and I hope we can get you pounding the ball. I see a few key things I'd like to fix in your swing and there is one thing I'd like for you to keep.

You get the club back to the top very smooth. But if you stop the video at the 18 sec mark, you'll see that you have really just lifted the club to the top of the swing. There really is no shoulder turn to speak of. Any shoulder turn is residual from picking up the arms. The left shoulder never gets under your chin. I would like to see the left shoulder get under that chin when the club is at the top of your swing arc.

Because there is a false turn, your transition into the ball is a bit quick and you have to stand tall in order to create the room needed to swing the club. Your body should not have to move to create space. I the sequence is correct, the hips clear and the space you need is there. This space is created at address with a slight flex in the knees, a bend in the waste and a shoulder width stance.

The shoulders turn as the arm lift the club into position at the top. All while maintaining the flex in the waist and knees. Once the shoulder touches or glides under the chin, your back swing is complete. The down swing is stated by the hips or left hip pulling off the ball. You can also start the down swing by dropping the arms to the inside and swing out to the right. The hips should naturally release. I do not recommend the second method but I understand that not everyone can use the hips to start the down swing.

I like the tempo you have. If you can get the proper swing sequence I think you will start hitting the ball consistently and long.

Thanks Freddie,

I will work on the shoulder turn, and posture (waist and knee).

In a week or two, maybe get another video up for you to check.

Thanks again,

Jack

Please do and feel free to ask question along the way. I will be spending time in this forum.
Thanks Freddie,

I will work on the shoulder turn, and posture (waist and knee).

In a week or two, maybe get another video up for you to check.

Thanks again,

Jack

Update:

I have quit swaying and sliding my hips.

One problem I had, is now figured out. My ball position with old driver swing was left toe or arch of foot.

My ball flight started going to the right strong fade/slice. Moving the ball back in my stance straightened out my ball flight.

The ball now goes straight, or draws slightly left. My tee position for driver is now off of my shirt logo or pocket. The ball position for other clubs has moved back also.

With a recent shaft change in my driver, the ball flight has lowered significantly, and no longer balloons.

Plus, I get a ton of roll after the ball lands.

Thanks again Freddie, for all of your help.

When then rain dries up, I'll get another video up.

Thanks,

Jack

Back